Hi from Daryl

Tell us about yourself...
Daryl
captain of 1,000

Hi from Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Glad to see so many of my friends here.

I am from Mesa, AZ where I work as a landscaping contractor.

I used to help moderate another prevalent LDS discussion forum. Some of you may know me from there.

I am very interested in spiritual discussions.
....I am a Snufferite (Hope to meet him someday)
....I am an Pontiusite (God rest his soul - so sorry to hear of his passing yesterday)
....I am a Barney Fiferite (Hope to meet him too)
....I am a Mormonite
....I am a recovering prepper (just kidding, its in me to stay)
....I know where I have been and where I am going
....I believe the church is true, but has some issues - "All is not well in Zion"
....I am currently reading several good books. My most recent came in the mail today "Word of Joseph Smith" By Ehat

My current mantra: "There are no heros."
My age: 43
I am a man
I am married with three children

My testimony:
The church was established by Joseph Smith, a true prophet of God. God gave power unto Joseph Smith to restore truth by bringing forth the Book of Mormon and establishing the priesthood on the earth.

The Book of Mormon is true. It teaches man that they need to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. Man will get close to God by reading and believing its literal words. One of the most important parts of the Book of Mormon is the ancient writings of prophets testifying of their personal experience of gaining the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Joseph Smith was murdered while in Jail, a martyr by every sense of the word, and witness of truth. The church has continued on after Joseph Smith was killed. Today we have 15 men leading the church who are anointed, ordained and set apart as prophets, seers and revelators who can reveal truth to us. Together they hold the keys and authority to run the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We listen to and read their inspired words, communicated to us for our benefit.

The priesthood administered by the Church is the very priesthood the ancient Israelites had among them. We have the priesthood in the church and that is what makes our church different than the other churches. There are many other important distinctions about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But the church having priesthood authority is what sets them apart from all other religions, sects and peoples.

I believe these important truths with all my heart. They are the basis for my testimony that Christ lives. He is resurrected as a testimony to us that father's plan of salvation worked. It is fulfilled every whit. Jesus Christ did truly surpass all righteousness in the meridian of time and drank from the bitter cup. He truly succeeded against all odds. Jesus Christ was the victor and the hosts of heaven are still celebrating. So is the church in the temples and every Sunday in worship.

We took a risk by following our oldest brother, Jehovah. It was not a for sure. Nothing is. Because we have will. Because He has will. There was a possibility the plan would not work. But it did work. The wisdom of Father and the perfectness of Christ were victorious. Now the true vine of Jesus Christ is before us and we just need to gain our succor there.

Glory to the father who made this plan evident to us, His children before the grand council in heaven! We have every reason to do like the Book of Mormon prophets have done: gain the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is my humble testimony that the True Vine awaits and is ever eager. Please brothers and sisters, take hold of the vine and never let go!

sadie_Mormon
captain of 1,000

Re: Hi from Daryl

Post by sadie_Mormon »

Welcome to the forum!

Daryl
captain of 1,000

Post by Daryl »

Thanks Sadie. It's good to be here.

gr8ideas
captain of 100

Post by gr8ideas »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy Words! It is good to have you here. :ymapplause:

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

--
Last edited by EmmaLee on December 15th, 2012, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Which forum did you moderate?

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Welcome

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

jbalm wrote:Which forum did you moderate?
He moderated the un-mentionable forum. (AVOW)

I hope you a nicer here. :(

Daryl
captain of 1,000

Post by Daryl »

I promise, I will be nicer. :)

(Thank you for pricking my heart. I choose to repent for my not niceness.)

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Nice to see you here Daryl. I'm sorry things are not going so swell on avow.

-kind regards...and welcome.

Daryl
captain of 1,000

Post by Daryl »

Happy Thursday to you all.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Daryl wrote:Happy Thursday to you all.
You look younger!

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

rewcox wrote:
Daryl wrote:Happy Thursday to you all.
You look younger!
:))

:ymparty: