Did the Spirit lead you here?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ChelC
The Law

Did the Spirit lead you here?

Post by ChelC »

Are you one who feels led here for a purpose? Do you feel that you were awakened for a reason? Do you know what the reason is, or are you still trying to figure that out?

If you are one like me who feels there is a work for you to do, but haven't figured it out yet, please post your specific areas of interest, what you hope to accomplish, what talents you have - maybe they don't seem related, but list them anyway. I'm hoping that if we all list our talents we may find that together we have the makings of an organization that can do something worthwhile.

I'll start.

I hope that primarily I can give people the knowledge I have been blessed with so they have the same opportunity and drive to prepare. I hope that we can give people a desire to seek out the wisdom of the founding fathers and the ability to recognize "laws" contrary to the constitution, how we can change them, and why we should try even if we know we will fail. I hope to give people the confidence to get involved politically - it is not as complicated as it is made out to be. You do not have to have a thorough understanding of international policy to be able to recognize usurpation, and root it out. I hope primarily that we can organize something which will give a basic understanding of good government.

My specific talents are baking - apart from a bake sell, or making a cookbook, I don't know how that helps, but I encourage everyone to list your talents no matter how they seem not to fit. Also art - I love to draw, I have let it slide over the years, but I know I can get it back, I'm trying to do that. I'm a mediocre singer, and decided after high school that I'd leave the singing to the big boys - maybe I could develop it more, but I think I was good enough to realize that I was not good enough. Hmmm.... not sure what else I have to offer.

So our organization consists of a domestic artist type and...

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

I feel like I ought to just relate myself to old man what's-his-name from "Back to the Future," Not Doc Brown, but the guy that had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees. I am the jack of all trades type. I think the biggest thing that I bring to the table is the ability to boil something down to it's component parts. I like to obsess about minute details and questions until coming to an understanding of all of the variables. I like to read Scientific American and pretend to understand complex topics and then relate them to the gospel on the ground and to my life. I realize that I should have been put in my place long ago, but I am just glad to be allowed to keep going. I have used the stradegy of sticking my neck out on newly acquired knowledge and testing it on it's merits. Not always so smart, but I find it helps me discover the value of it much faster than expecting someone to explain it in excruciating detail to me. It also keeps any pride in check.

I also play a mean devils advocate! I will not bend on principle, no matter how small the principle may hinge upon!

I have scores of 3x5 cards laying everywhere and journals full of ideas and inventions, song lyrics and essays. I have more ideas than I could hope to develope in several lifetimes (unless we do the life of a tree thing) I have had many tutors in many fields and just hope that one day they will make someones life better. I am passionate and opinionated about everything and nothing. I can not keep to one thing, it will be an eternal struggle. In short sometimes I feel like this:

The Men That Don't Fit In by Robert William Service

There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest.

If they just went straight they might go far;
They are strong and brave and true;
But they're always tired of the things that are,
And they want the strange and new.
They say: "Could I find my proper groove,
What a deep mark I would make!"
So they chop and change, and each fresh move
Is only a fresh mistake.

And each forgets, as he strips and runs
With a brilliant, fitful pace,
It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones
Who win in the lifelong race.
And each forgets that his youth has fled,
Forgets that his prime is past,
Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead,
In the glare of the truth at last.

He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance;
He has just done things by half.
Life's been a jolly good joke on him,
And now is the time to laugh.
Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost;
He was never meant to win;
He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone;
He's a man who won't fit in.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I have some of that gypsy blood myself! I love the discovery phase more than the mastery phase.

I got this sent from the NCCS site, and it is great, deserving of it's own thread but the last of it summarizes how I feel about what I hope to accomplish, so I'm putting it here. Maybe I really just need to see what I can offer to them as they share my goals... here's a cut and paste, I bolded the end which stood out to me like the aching digit, as it is basically what I just wrote (only better):

The Founders' Answer for a
Confused and Frustrated Electorate
Americans who have learned to love the Founders' Constitution are surely dismayed at the continuing downward spiral of our country as evidenced in the recent elections. And that is not to say that if more Republicans would have won, the downward trend would have been stopped. No party has all the virtue nor all the vice. There were a lot of voices being heard during the campaigns from so many different directions and the decision at the polls is evidence that the voters may not be really sure what they want.

In Arizona, for example, the voters overwhelmingly passed several initiative measures which favored tighter restriction on immigration and yet the voters also elected legislators who were opposed to tighter restrictions on immigration. It is evident there is much confusion and frustration among the country's electorate. Here are a couple of interesting reactions from quite different perspectives.

Communist Party Sees Victory in Elections
On one extreme, the Communist Party USA was pushing hard on its website for a Democratic takeover of Congress. It reads:

"The National Board of the Communist Party USA released the following appeal on Sept. 25:

"The Nov. 7 midterm elections are less than six weeks away. The stakes have never been so high: Control of the House and Senate and governorships nationwide. A recent poll shows that 75 percent of voters are disgusted by the Republican majority House and Senate, the highest disapproval rate since 1994. They are frustrated at Bush's endless Iraq war, by Republican cronyism and corruption, tax giveaways to the rich, cutbacks in vital services, and criminal negligence in the wake of Hurricane Katrina."

After the election, the official Communist Party newspaper, the People's Weekly World commented:

"Fired by anger and disgust with George W. Bush, the Iraq war, corporate greed, corruption and human needs cutbacks, voters went to the polls Nov. 7 and terminated 12 years of Republican control of the U.S. House of Representatives. A switch to Democratic control of the Senate hinged on the undecided Virginia race, with the Democrat leading at press time.

"The tidal wave against the Republican right swept every region of the country, including states long controlled or dominated by the Republicans. At press time, Democrats had won at least 229 House seats, guaranteeing them a majority in the 435-seat chamber."

A Constitutionalist Views Election Results
as a Rebellion against Liberal Republicans

On the other hand, Howard Phillips, Chairman of The Conservative Caucus, and former presidential candidate of the Constitution Party observed:

"The November 7 election results are, to a significant degree, attributable to the policies of the Bush Administration in many areas, in addition to Iraq. These include:

advocacy of amnesty for illegal aliens,
failure to enforce existing immigration laws which require penalization of corporations which hire illegal aliens,
promotion of a North American Union (NAU) scheme to merge the United States with Canada and Mexico,
historically high subsidies to Planned Parenthood,
appointment of open homosexuals to key positions,
massive expansion of the Federal role in education,
increased funding of the United Nations,
expansion of foreign aid,
failure to move forward deployment effectively of a ballistic missile defense,
budget busting expansion of non-defense Federal spending and massive increases in annual deficits and the overall national debt,
trade policies which have undermined America's manufacturing base and placed millions of American jobs at risk,
approval of anti-family FDA policies such as authority for the distribution of RU-486 and over-the-counter sales of "morning after" contraceptives,
approval of threats to U.S. civil liberties, including elements of the Patriot Act,
signing into law the McCain-Feingold election regulation bill in clear violation of the First Amendment to the Constitution.
"The tragedy is that the Republican Congressional leadership in the House and Senate, by and large, rubber stamped unconstitutional Bush Administration policies, instead of fulfilling responsibilities of oversight and independent judgment as intended by the framers of the U.S. Constitution which made the Legislative Branch of our government primary in our Federal system.

"One can only hope that, during a time of partisan gridlock, Republicans in Congress will manifest a degree of independence from unwise Bush Administration policies and that the President himself will stand against unwise policies of the new Democrat Party majorities in Congress.

"Tragically, during the campaign season just ended, in most parts of the country, conservative voters, in order to manifest their unhappiness, were put in a position of either (a) holding their nose and voting for Republicans with whom they disagreed, (b) staying away from the polls, or (c) voting for imperfect Democratic candidates.

"Fortunately, in some instances, the Democrats put forward candidates who were more conservative than their Republican adversaries and a handful of these candidates were successful on election day.

"My hope is that, as we draw closer to the 2008 Presidential and Congressional elections, Constitutionally faithful candidates not tied to the Bush Administration will receive significant media attention and popular support."

Benjamin Franklin had the Answer to Political Confusion
During the quarreling and heated debating in the Constitutional Convention, the delegates had to be reminded where the real answers to political problems can be found. It is not in the wisdom of men. Perhaps he was acquainted with the scripture in James 1:5: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. At a critical point in the Convention, Franklin arouse and eloquently pleaded for prayer. Said he:

"In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard; and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor. To that kind Providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity. And have we now forgotten that powerful Friend? Or do we imagine that we no longer need [His] assistance?

"I have lived, sir, a long time; and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured, sir, in the sacred writings, that 'except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it.' I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without His concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel; we shall be divided by our little partial, local interests, our projects will be confounded and we ourselves shall become a reproach and a byword down to future ages. And, what is worse, mankind may hereafter, from this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing government by human wisdom and leave it to chance, war, or conquest.

George Washington had the Answer to Political Confusion
Over the past summer, NCCS distributed to every school in America a little pamphlet containing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States . Since then, schools and other organizations are ordering more of these by the hundreds and thousands. Also contained in this pamphlet are some words of solemn testimony and counsel from George Washington. Is not the following counsel of Washington as applicable to us today as it was in his time?

In 1788, the year the Constitution was ratified, Washington reminded the American people:

"We may, with a kind of pious and grateful exultation, trace the fingers of Providence through those dark and mysterious events which first induced the states to appoint a general convention, and then led them one after another...into an adoption of the system recommended by that general convention, thereby, in all human probability, laying a lasting foundation for tranquility and happiness, when we had but too much reason to fear that confusion and misery were coming rapidly upon us. That the same good Providence may still continue to protect us, and prevent us from dashing the cup of national felicity just as it has been lifted to our lips is my earnest prayer."

In 1792, as President , he again reminded the American people:

"I am sure there never was a people, who had more reason to acknowledge a divine interposition in their affairs, than those of the United States; and I should be pained to believe, that they have forgotten that agency, which was so often manifested during our revolution, or that they failed to consider the omnipotence of that God, who is alone able to protect them."

Thomas Jefferson had the Answer to Political Confusion
In his Second Inaugural Address in 1805, Jefferson reemphasized some of what he had said at the beginning of his first term and added:

"I shall now enter on the duties to which my fellow-citizens have again called me, and shall proceed in the spirit of those principles which they have approved. I fear not that any motives of interest may lead me astray; I am sensible of no passion which could seduce me knowingly from the path of justice, but the weaknesses of human nature and the limits of my own understanding will produce errors of judgment sometimes injurious to your interests. I shall need, therefore, all the indulgence which I have heretofore experienced from my constituents; the want of it will certainly not lessen with increasing years.

"I shall need, too, the favor of that Being in whose hands we are, who led our fathers, as Israel of old, from their native land and planted them in a country flowing with all the necessaries and comforts of life; who has covered our infancy with His providence and our riper years with His wisdom and power, and to whose goodness I ask you to join in supplications with me that He will so enlighten the minds of your servants, guide their councils, and prosper their measures that whatsoever they do shall result in your good, and shall secure to you the peace, friendship, and approbation of all nations."

It remains an incredible fact to the honest observer that the only true Helper in times of national political peril--the One who was turned to by the Founders for help and guidance in all their political and military trials--the One whom they said has all the right answers when the wisdom of man fails--is the One seldom appealed to or even mentioned in our confusion today and is, in fact, banned from many of our public schools and councils.

It has always seemed somewhat disingenuous to me that some of the same people who promulgated hatred, distrust, and distortion during the campaign season would make such a quick turn-a-bout in the Christmas season that soon follows and proclaim peace on earth and goodwill to their fellow men.

Jefferson said, "Say...whether peace is best preserved by giving energy to the government, or information to the people. This last is the most certain and the most legitimate engine of government. Educate and inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them. And it requires no very high degree of education to convince them of this. They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." He later added, "I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power."

It all points to the task ahead and of the great amount of work and teaching that must be accomplished, for there are surely many confused citizens who are still looking for answers and are only kept from the truth because they do not know where to find it.

May your family experience a very merry Christmas this year,

Sincerely,

Earl Taylor, Jr.

PS. In keeping with Jefferson's desire to educate the people, and recognizing that the request for seminars seems to be growing around the country, if you have a desire to host a seminar or to attend a seminar, please let us know. Also, you may go to our website at http://www.nccs.net and click on the link to Host a Seminar to see the procedure we would follow in your area.

79scholar
captain of 100

Re: Did the Spirit lead you here?

Post by 79scholar »

ChelC wrote:Are you one who feels led here for a purpose?
Yes. Mostly for the following:
1- Learn / be edified. There's a reason this is #1 :D (though when I do learn, I'm always silent)
2- Teach / edify. Even though I am a constitutionalist, my message has more to do with preparing for the Second Coming (I personally believe that becoming politically aware is a key element in mental preparation, and that Ether 8 was written to also prepare us for Christ's Coming).

Do you feel that you were awakened for a reason? Do you know what the reason is, or are you still trying to figure that out?
I know I was awakened for a reason, and I know precisely why. It's mentioned in my Patriarchal Blessing twice. Being awakened myself has everything to do with my life mission, particularly in the Last Days.

All Ephraim are called to build up and establish Zion. Few are chosen mostly because they are still sleeping giants. I sense many pioneers and leaders of Zion on this site. (I say pioneers as in those who pave the way both in word and deed).

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Post by John Adams »

I definitely feel I was led here for a purpose.

And although I still hope that something can be done before some major calamaties happen, I actually feel that the reason I was led here was to become educated properly for the "2nd Chance".

I really enjoy learning together, but my main thoughts as of late continue to be in relation to "unity" and "patience".

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Re: Did the Spirit lead you here?

Post by Jeremy »

ChelC wrote:Are you one who feels led here for a purpose?
I agree with 79scholar's #1. To learn and be edified. I feel like this is a place i can be instructed about the proper role of government and at the same time be uplifted by the words of Prophets. whether those words are warnings, prophecies, instruction, or words of hope. I find that here.
I also partially agree with 79scholar's #2. To edify. Not necessarily you folks here but those i have contact with who dont know. The part i feel i am struggling with is the 'how to' part of that. How can i share this message with family and friends, neighbors and strangers and be effective.
So yes...most definantly.
Do you feel that you were awakened for a reason? Do you know what the reason is, or are you still trying to figure that out?
Yes, i do feel like i have come across this knowledge for many reasons. To "understand" what has happend so that i can "understand" what is happening now so that i can prepare for what is to happen. its so parallel to the plan of salvation. it is so important to know where you came from, why you are here and where you are going. while i believe the gospel is extremily important and my desires should be to live it and share it...i dont think this idea of proper government and its defence is a separete entity. i believe it should be shared and taught. when our Father in Heaven establishes an institution it should be considered sacred. and anything sacred should be protected physically and spiritually. for something as large as the Constitution, wouldnt that demand unity, sacrifice, allegiance, and an understanding of its purpose. So yes, i do believe i know why i am here.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

All of that and i forgot to share my talents. i would imagine that telling people your talents is something difficult for most. i am one of them.
my talents, i am very familiar with autocad. i feel that i am proficiant in using computers and the many different forms of software available. i tend to look at details while trying to see the 'big picture'. this leads to tangents and a desire to know all i can about whatever it is i am focusing on at the time. regardless of the tangents, i do find myself constantly 'zooming out' and refocusing on the 'big picture'. i have the 'talent' if you will, of questioning a lot of things that are 'normal'. i tend to like things that other people dont...well, in moderation. if its popular i dont enjoy following along. if it is correct and i find it righteouse i will usually hang on to those things.
i enjoy to read and research though the time i have to do either is always in compitition with the rest of the day to day responsibilities. that is all i can think of for now.