Has anyone read "the founders constitution"?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ChelC
The Law

Has anyone read "the founders constitution"?

Post by ChelC »

I have been looking at these, they are relatively inexpensive for the vast amount of information contained in them. I went to the library to look at them, they are considered reference, not to be checked out. There is sooo much information there. It goes through every phrase, article, and amendment within the constitution, and is followed by letters and other documents from the founding fathers and such pertaining to each concept.

They have it at the NCCS site for 69 bucks, for five large volumes of information... this may be what Santa brings me this year.

ShineOn
captain of 100

Post by ShineOn »

I have it. I started reading it straight through, even taking notes. I gave up on that though. It was just too long.

I consider myself a constitutionalist but I think the principles that the constitution was built on in probably even more important to understand than just the constitution itself. Maybe like how the organization of the church is inspired and works really well, but it does change over time based on need and it would be odd to think of the church organization as perfect at any given time.

I think people and groups that try to get the country to stick to the constituion is a great thing, but I've found that some of them think any deviation from the constitution is blasphemy. The Lord did say that anything more or less than what is inthe constituion is evil, but change is built into the constitution, so proper change I would think would be advocated by the Lord.

Anyway, I'll take people who want to stick to the constitution with zero changes over just about anything we have going on now. But the founders constitution help me understand better how the ideas behing the constitution came to be. The movie called a more perfect union is really good too.

Some things I think the constitution needs to be updated for are public goods (like the air, water, aquifers) and technology (weapons, bioengineering, radioactivity).

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

And Brigham Young was against term limits thus acknowledging that your point is valid! Good on you, don't you just love being in such fine company and arguing the same points as a prophet?