Outer Darkness section of the site?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Outer Darkness section of the site?

Post by gardener4life »

So I just realized some threads that I had gotten tired of listening to were Outer Darkness section. I had missed this initially. The section description for Outer Darkness is 'a special place reserved for special people'.

Given the nature of these special people and their very special rhetoric, I was wondering if they are confined to only that section? Do they have access to everything or is that section only for people on disciplinary action? I'm not sure how this works. And I understand it could be a case by case scenario. If this is the case then I will probably not even bother with that section, but I do notice they have this wonderful flare to stir the pot.

If they only have access to this part maybe it wouldn't be worth my time to talk to that section, but I wanted to make sure.

It would be better to get more insight on this before proceeding. But I can't help but notice some threads there are anti.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Outer Darkness section of the site?

Post by Elizabeth »

Members who are confined to the outer darkness section can read the forum but can only post in the outer darkness section.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Elizabeth wrote: February 16th, 2018, 10:13 pm Members who are confined to the outer darkness section can read the forum but can only post in the outer darkness section.
What Elizabeth said ^^^^^

As per whether you like the content there or not.... it's certainly more controversial. Hence the semi hidden nature of it and the limited degree of contact with the outside world.

"Repentance" is possible there, and sometimes individuals come back out if they have demonstrated that they are willing to abide by the rules of the forum.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Off topic, sorry, but what happened to the Apostasy in Riverton thread?

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

cyclOps wrote: February 17th, 2018, 8:52 am Off topic, sorry, but what happened to the Apostasy in Riverton thread?
I deleted it. It got reported. Apparently, at least one person thought it against forum policy to discuss a bishop in such a manner, regardless if it was true or not. I was inclined to agree.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Durzan wrote: February 17th, 2018, 9:12 am
cyclOps wrote: February 17th, 2018, 8:52 am Off topic, sorry, but what happened to the Apostasy in Riverton thread?
I deleted it. It got reported. Apparently, at least one person thought it against forum policy to discuss a bishop in such a manner, regardless if it was true or not. I was inclined to agree.
It seems like bishops are off limits but prophets aren’t?