School Shooting in FL/WA/GA/MI/MD/YouTube/TX

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Re: School Shooting in FL

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

lundbaek wrote: February 15th, 2018, 1:51 pm Has it not occurred to anybody else that continuation of such shootings as these are desired by the powers in America who very much wish to persuade lots more Americans that total gun prohibition is the only way to go.
No. If this is a govt / nwo / illuminati/ Whoever conspiracy, they are doing a terrible job of it. Gun rights have only become stronger over the last 20 yrs.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Besides mind-altering medication influence, another common factor among shooters is no father in the home.

http://thebullelephant.com/what-do-all- ... -the-home/

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Thinker wrote: February 15th, 2018, 1:38 pm
JohnnyL wrote: February 15th, 2018, 1:33 pm
Thinker wrote: February 15th, 2018, 1:14 pm "Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple other instances of suicide and isolated shootings all share one thing in common, and its not the weapons used.

The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes."

https://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/every- ... z57D2jW6qj

Considering Utah's #1 in the nation for anti-depressants (which have nasty side effects) and high rates of pain-killer abuse, this is something that is not just about "those guys over there."

There are 2 main issues I have felt a moral obligation to give warning about: financial and cognitive distortions... Here's a long list viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21159&p=256839&hili ... ns#p256839 - you can see many of them are pretty common, but can really hurt people, drive them to drugs which mess them up even more.
I agree, and it's been shown in shootings (though the MSM has been quiet in almost every case). But, there's something even BIGGER and more important: all the big ones have been "false flag" operations.
Yeah, it's sad that the solution (screening people on any type of mind-altering drugs better) is being ignored and many are trying to essentially suggest guns are the problem, not the gunner. Is that what you mean by, "false flag" operations?
Every mass shooting has had too many problems with the official story: loner guy, crazy, problems, maybe warnings, shoots a lot of people with an exceedingly high kill ratio, then commits suicide or is put on drugs. Then, non-MSM investigators and informants find out the real story is nothing like the official story. Many end up seeming like FEMA drills and acting, but with at least a few real deaths and injuries. Plenty of evidence and anecdotes of people in the situations that don't add up, but point to something very different.

Look at the one that started them all: Columbine. All kinds of holes in that story, including multiple shooters, bombs, no one allowed to move in to help (orders to shoot anyone who tried), police reports that contradicted multiple witness accounts, etc.

Here's a very lengthy but insightful and problematic article:
The REAL Columbine http://www.apfn.org/apfn/columbine2.htm

The Columbine Scam: Government Knew BEFORE IT HAPPENED
http://web.archive.org/web/200008231628 ... umbine.htm

Santana High School Shooting
http://web.archive.org/web/200008231628 ... school.htm

Every bit true? I doubt it. But much closer to the truth than the official story.

Is there a high number of LDS in that Florida school? I naturally assume that there is at least one person/ group, or likely more, that is targeted in these shoots--there's nothing "random" about at least part of the patsy or victim list. (The odds of that happening in my high school--2 of 17 dead were LDS--would have been about 1 in 4,000 - 1 in 6,000.)

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Seems to me that many of these school shootings could have been prevented if mental illness and being treated for mental illness wasn't such a stigma in society today. As a society we need to recognize that mental illness can affect pretty much any person or any demographic. We should also learn to be more compassionate and accepting of people who suffer from mental illnesses. Some mental illness is inherited while other mental illnesses are a result of abuse/trauma that a child experiences in their life. When you take a person who has a mental illness either inherited or because of abuse/trauma and you couple that with being bullied, jeered, mocked, ostracized, etc. at school and in society as a whole, it seems like we are creating ticking time bombs. The motivation so often seems to be revenge for how the perpetrator was treated by those who could have been more accepting, more compassionate.

We can do a better job in society in how we treat mental illness and what we do to help those that suffer from it. Children most often are only emulating behavior or attitudes that they are learning from adults in their life. If adults look at having a mental illness and getting help for mental illness as something to be ashamed of, then that is how the children these adults will influence will likely feel.

Of course, none of this justifies or excuses a person when they do commit mass murder or murder of any type, but, we do need to start looking seriously at what messages we are sending, how we view mental illness and those that suffer from it. I think as a society we can do a better job at an early stage of being more understanding, compassionate, and accepting of children/people who are different or who suffer from mental illness. The solution definitely isn't more gun control or other, in my opinion, silly solutions that doesn't address the underlying problem. Guns in a person's hands who is well adjusted and mentally healthy, are almost always safe. As a society we do have a role to play and a responsibility to all of our kids. Early intervention that is compassionate and accepting seems like it would do a lot to lessen these types of situations. And to clarify, I don't just means pumping kids full of all sorts of medications. There are all sorts of ways to help with mental illness that doesn't require medicine or drugs. I think society has a responsibility to change its attitude towards mental illness and towards children that are "different".

-Finrock

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Warning Signs Missed:
1. 'I'm going to be a professional school shooter'

Nikolas Cruz left a comment on a YouTube video back in September using his own name that simply read: 'I'm going to be a professional school shooter'

2. FBI was warned about the comment but couldn't identify him

Vlogger Ben Bennight alerted the FBI to the comment shared by Cruz. The FBI was quick to respond, arriving at his office the next day but only after Bennight called a local field agent, revealing his initial attempts to send in a screengrab of the comment failed when the email address he found listed on the agency's website came back with a domain error saying it did not exist. The FBI was unable to identify the person who posted the comment.

3. Bought an AR-15 age 18

After Cruz's mother died, he eventually moved in the the family of a former classmate, where he brought his AR-15 which was kept in a locked cabinet that he had the key to. He was able to purchase the rifle in the past year and passed a required background check. Federal law allowed people 18 and over to legally purchase long guns. At 21, people can legally buy handguns from a license dealer

4. Troubling Instagram page

Cruz's Instagram page is filled with disturbing posts of what appears to be himself showing off with weapons with his face covered, asking for advice on buying firearms, and making racist comments about Muslims.

5. Was a member of a white nationalist group and came to training exercises

Jordan Jereb claims that Cruz was a member of the Republic of Florida, which aims to make Florida its own white-entho state. Jereb claimed Cruz, who was adopted, was brought up in the organization by another member and he reportedly carpooled to at least two training exercises held by the group.

6. Boasted about hurting animals

Students who say they knew Cruz claimed he liked to kill animals.

'He was crazy because he liked to kill small things, like little animals - frogs and other animals like that and he just had a crazy mind,' one told 10ABC news.

Another classmate claims he would tell him he shot rats with a BB gun.

7. Took knives and bullets to school

Former classmate Joshua Charo, 16, said all he 'would talk about is guns, knives and hunting'.

Another student said he started selling knives out of a lunchbox when he started high school.

8. Was banned from carrying a backpack

Jim Gard, a math teacher, who had Cruz in his class last year, said he believes the school sent out an email warning teachers he shouldn't be allowed on campus with a backpack.

'There were problems with him last year threatening students and I guess he was asked to leave campus'.

9. Expelled for fighting

The deeply troubled 'loner' was expelled last year for 'fighting over his ex-girlfriend' with her new boyfriend.

10. Abusive to his ex-girlfriend

Students claim the gunman was abusive to his girlfriend

11. Stalked another girl

Mr Gard also claimed that he was taken with another student 'to the point of stalking her', while another student who claims to have been friends with Cruz said he had to cut him off because he started 'going after' and 'threatening' a female friend of his.

12. Peeping Tom

Neighbor Christine Rosburgh said she, and all the other neighbors, were terrified of the teen who would bang his head against a cement wall if his legal guardians tried to send him to school.

She also claims she caught him peeking in her window and when she confronted him, he said he was looking for golf balls.

'I said, "This isn't the golf course".

13. Stopped his mental health treatment

Cruz had been getting treatment at a mental health clinic, but stopped about a year ago and dropped off the radar. He was showing signs of depression.

Broward County Mayor Beam Furr said: 'It wasn't like there wasn't concern for him. We try to keep out eyes out on those kids who aren't connected... In this case, we didn't find a way to connect with this kid.'

14. Possible fetal alcohol syndrome

Natalie Brassard, a program director at the non-profit FASCETS, which works with FASD children, said some of Cruz's characteristics 'suggest that he might have been living with an invisible brain-based condition - it could have been FASD or many others.'

Conditions of FASD can range from mild to severe but can include learning disabilities, intellectual disability or low IQ, poor reasoning and judgment and a host of other issues.

15. Orphaned

Cruz's adoptive mother, Lynda Cruz, 68, died of pneumonia in November last year. She was one of the only people that was remotely close to Cruz. His adoptive father Roger Cruz died of a heart attack several years ago.

After his mother died, he and his brother were left in the care of family friend Barbara Kumbatovich, of Long Island, New York, but unhappy there, he moved in with a former classmate in a mobile home park in northwest Broward.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rning.html

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 14th, 2018, 7:01 pm

Supposedly this kid used an AR-15, which by law he had no right to possess.
Are you sure?
News media are reporting he obtained it legally.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

So... how many of the warning signs iWS listed were actually crimes? How many of these crimes were investigated and prosecuted? None, I'm guessing? When these mass slaughters happen, why is the answer from so many people always "we need more government" when the giant, bloated government we already have is so useless?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Robin Hood wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:53 pm
iWriteStuff wrote: February 14th, 2018, 7:01 pm Supposedly this kid used an AR-15, which by law he had no right to possess.
Are you sure?
By law, he had no right to bring it onto a school campus. So there's that, at least.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Robin Hood wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:53 pm
iWriteStuff wrote: February 14th, 2018, 7:01 pm

Supposedly this kid used an AR-15, which by law he had no right to possess.
Are you sure?
Whereas one can check the box under "legally old enough", I would put it to you that a mentally unstable teenager with expressed homicidal intent has no right to possess it. But whatevs. Legally you can do all kinds of things that don't make sense and harm other people. I don't write the law. I am expressing an opinion, not legal commentary. Psychopaths should not possess guns, military or otherwise.

I'm not Wayne Lapierre, but even he would refer to this as "bad guy with a gun".

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:05 pm No. If this is a govt / nwo / illuminati/ Whoever conspiracy, they are doing a terrible job of it. Gun rights have only become stronger over the last 20 yrs.
I believe it is a house of cards about to come down. People are fed up with gun violence. Right or wrong, in true American fashion the public will demand the government to do something.

There is no rational argument for wide spread ownership of assault weapons that can counter the overwhelming public emotional response to seeing texts, photos, and videos of the scared kids, or hearing their descriptions of fear and chaos, and watching 17 more funerals.

Gun people made a mistake by not recognizing people's real fears of guns while at the same time perpetuating an explosion in extreme gun culture.

20-years ago I was firmly in the gun rights camp, I had my hunting guns and didn't want them taken away. But too much of the gun industry is no longer about hunting or plinking. I recently watched a video from the "shot show" showing off all the new guns. The smiling brand salesman told about all the advances in his or her new line....and every single one of them was designed for one purpose. The public will not stand for it much longer.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Who knows if there is a hidden conspiracy - but it’s obvious, even by some on this thread, that the 2nd amendment is being threatened and guns blamed rather than considering other factors like:
1. All shooters have been influenced by mind-altering substances- usually prescription meds.
2. All shooters grew up without a father in their home.

Why is it that guns are the focus when other factors are involved and knives kill more than guns and nobody’s suggesting taking the right to knives away. http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/kni ... e-control/ Maybe because some REALLY don’t want common people to be able to arm themselves, pharmaceutical companies care more about money than hurting people, & feminists & homosexual fanatics (who help run a lot of media) don’t want to admit how essential Fathers in the home are.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 15th, 2018, 2:06 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 15th, 2018, 1:47 pm
A “gun instructor” that thinks an AR15 is a military firearm??? Hmmm...
Yes, I'm clearly an idiot. Or a liberal or a (pick your epithet). But I'm also an NRA certified instructor. Are you?

Here, have some history!
The ArmaLite AR-15 is a select-fire, 5.56×45mm, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed assault rifle, with a rotating bolt and straight-line recoil design. It was designed by Eugene Stoner, Jim Sullivan and Bob Fremont and it is based on the ArmaLite AR-10 rifle. The AR-15 was designed above all else to be a lightweight assault rifle, and to fire a new lightweight, high-velocity small caliber cartridge to allow the infantrymen to carry more ammunition.

The first confrontations between the AK-47 and the M14 came in the early part of the Vietnam War. Battlefield reports indicated that the M14 was uncontrollable in full-auto and that soldiers could not carry enough ammo to maintain fire superiority over the AK-47. And, while the M2 Carbine offered a high rate of fire, it was under-powered and ultimately outclassed by the AK-47. A replacement was needed: A medium between the traditional preference for high-powered rifles such as the M14, and the lightweight firepower of the M2 Carbine.

As a result, the Army was forced to reconsider a 1957 request by General Willard G. Wyman, commander of the U.S. Continental Army Command (CONARC) to develop a .223 caliber (5.56 mm) select-fire rifle weighing 6 lb (2.7 kg) when loaded with a 20-round magazine.[8] The 5.56mm round had to penetrate a standard U.S. M1 helmet at 500 yards (460 meters) and retain a velocity in excess of the speed of sound, while matching or exceeding the wounding ability of the .30 Carbine cartridge. This request ultimately resulted in the development of a scaled-down version of the ArmaLite AR-10, called ArmaLite AR-15 rifle.
Or perhaps the Army commissioned their design so they could hunt chickens on the Vietnamese frontier, I dunno.

I believe courts have ruled that the AR15 is, today, a rifle of common civilian usage.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:05 pm
lundbaek wrote: February 15th, 2018, 1:51 pm Has it not occurred to anybody else that continuation of such shootings as these are desired by the powers in America who very much wish to persuade lots more Americans that total gun prohibition is the only way to go.
No. If this is a govt / nwo / illuminati/ Whoever conspiracy, they are doing a terrible job of it. Gun rights have only become stronger over the last 20 yrs.
Apparently you have never heard of California. Or New York and the "New York "Safe" Act. And New Jersey. And Massachusetts. And a few other places, oh Washington, D.C, and Chicago.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

tribrac wrote: February 15th, 2018, 4:11 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:05 pm No. If this is a govt / nwo / illuminati/ Whoever conspiracy, they are doing a terrible job of it. Gun rights have only become stronger over the last 20 yrs.
I believe it is a house of cards about to come down. People are fed up with gun violence. Right or wrong, in true American fashion the public will demand the government to do something.

There is no rational argument for wide spread ownership of assault weapons that can counter the overwhelming public emotional response to seeing texts, photos, and videos of the scared kids, or hearing their descriptions of fear and chaos, and watching 17 more funerals.

Gun people made a mistake by not recognizing people's real fears of guns while at the same time perpetuating an explosion in extreme gun culture.

20-years ago I was firmly in the gun rights camp, I had my hunting guns and didn't want them taken away. But too much of the gun industry is no longer about hunting or plinking. I recently watched a video from the "shot show" showing off all the new guns. The smiling brand salesman told about all the advances in his or her new line....and every single one of them was designed for one purpose. The public will not stand for it much longer.

Tribrac
There is no such thing as gun violence. When someone is killed by a drunk driving, is that called car violence? Of course not. No one would go along with such nonsense.
When someone falls to their death, is it called gravity violence? Again.
How much further do we need to go?
dc

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Stahura wrote: February 14th, 2018, 5:07 pm How do we even prevent this? I don't see how it can be stopped. Society will continue to degrade. If someone decides they want to do this, they'll do it. Gun Control won't prevent it. Metal detectors only help so much. It's sad, terrible. Makes me feel sick every time i read these stories.
I cant help but wonder of a lot of these things would stop of we get rid of the organizations that have a free pass to any moral or immoral act based on the interests of national security. It looks like there was a swat drill the same day. And the FBI knew the shooter before this happened as in other shooting cases.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Thinker wrote: February 15th, 2018, 4:37 pm Who knows if there is a hidden conspiracy - but it’s obvious, even by some on this thread, that the 2nd amendment is being threatened and guns blamed rather than considering other factors like:
1. All shooters have been influenced by mind-altering substances- usually prescription meds.
2. All shooters grew up without a father in their home.

Why is it that guns are the focus when other factors are involved and knives kill more than guns and nobody’s suggesting taking the right to knives away. http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/kni ... e-control/ Maybe because some REALLY don’t want common people to be able to arm themselves, pharmaceutical companies care more about money than hurting people, & feminists & homosexual fanatics (who help run a lot of media) don’t want to admit how essential Fathers in the home are.
The book "Mass Murderers in white coats" is very revealing about the origin of the branch of psychiatry. What if those "healing" mental illnesses are actually the perpetrators? Cough, Nazi, Germany, cough, cough.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

David13 wrote: February 15th, 2018, 6:08 pm
Tribrac
There is no such thing as gun violence. When someone is killed by a drunk driving, is that called car violence? Of course not. No one would go along with such nonsense.
When someone falls to their death, is it called gravity violence? Again.
How much further do we need to go?
dc
Have you read the public comments aboyt guns lately?
Very few people believe that argument.

And comparing to a dui is good, but what had the American public done to stop drunk driving? Legislate. And dui was nowhere near as emotional as children getting killed in schools.

Im sorry for people who are afraid of change because changes are coming very fast.

yjacket
captain of 100

Post by yjacket »

Finrock wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:42 pm As a society we need to recognize that mental illness can affect pretty much any person or any demographic. We should also learn to be more compassionate and accepting of people who suffer from mental illnesses. ".
-Finrock
The problem is that our entire language structure and how we talk about this is jacked up. This individual didn't have a "mental illness", he was wicked. He committed a very evil act.

Once we stop lying to ourselves as a culture we can actually begin to see the roots of the problem and fix it. Call it what it is, wickedness. This individual wasn't mentally ill . . . he posted on youtube that he wanted to be a school shooter. What we think about ourselves eventually becomes true.

So as a society we can't actually talk the appropriate language to even begin to solve the problem. There are a few instances where people black out, can't remember what they did and do something bad. There are instances where people temporarily go nuts (i.e. they can't talk, they can't function, etc., have an altered sense of reality, etc.).

But to plan out an attack and kill people, call it what it is . . . wickedness and evil. Anything else is just a massive societal delusion designed to self-deceive. Once you understand what this is (i.e. evil) then you begin to see the solution, i.e. good moral teachings!

"Mentally ill" has become society's go to code word for anything wicked. Kill your family-he must be mentally ill, rob a store at gunpoint-must be mentally ill, kill a bunch of people-must be mentally ill. Because of course what "sane" person would kill another. When the question really is what righteous good person would kill another? But heaven forbid we ever call someone evil or wicked . . .so we call them "mentally insane"

And it really does a massive disservice to individuals who are dealing with massive trauma (generally caused by being a direct participant in a truly malevolent act, either they did, saw done, or was done to them). Jordan Peterson has some great videos on this.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

lundbaek wrote: February 15th, 2018, 10:17 am https://www.infowars.com/video-second-s ... -massacre/

Eyewitness Alexa Miednik, who believes there was a second shooter, said she was WALKING with accused suspect Nikolas Cruz (who the media previous spelled as Nicolas) after she heard shots being fired – and told Cruz she was glad “it wasn’t him” who was doing the shooting at the school in Florida:
…As I was going down the stairs I heard a couple of shots fired, everyone was freaking out – there was a gun, and as we were walking – the whole class together – I actually was speaking to the “suspect” [she even did air quotes] and as I was speaking with him, he seemed very… I don’t know what the word is I want to say… but he was very troubled in middle school and I joked to him about it and said “I’m surprised you weren’t the one who did it.”

We just spoke with a former student, Alexa Miednik, she actually walked down the hall with the accused shooter, Nicholas Cruz, after she heard shots fired. She said, “Hey, Nicholas,” – this is what she told me on camera… – “Hey, I just heard shots fired and I’m surprised it wasn’t you. Just kidding.” He had the reaction “What?” and then they parted ways.
She said “I heard more shots after that.” She thinks there was a second shooter.
Already the real story behind the shooting is starting to break wide open, just like the Las Vegas massacre in which the media failed to cover up eyewitness accounts – and video – of multiple shooters:
Look, we could have a great gun discussion, but as the post above shows, once more, THIS ISN'T ABOUT GUNS.

It's about a shooting that WASN'T, and a cover up of one that was.

It's about blaming a patsy in a ploy for gun control.

LH Oswald, right? We all know (I hope) he couldn't have done it, yet we all still talk about him when we talk about shooting, the lone gunman, the "died before can go to trial", etc. They have been running this over and over and over for years, variations on a theme!!

Almost every time you have a mass shooting or highly publicized shooting, you are being misled, lied to, brainwashed, etc. in small ways, and usually in HUGE ways.

It would be really hard to have probabilities be JUST coincidences in just one incident. But when you have so many incidents, what are the odds? When people dig deeper and find so much more, what are the odds?

It's not about the gun, what could have happened (most everything "could have happened"), etc.--it's about a staged shooting that someone pulled off way under and way above the official staged shooting story.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Just listened to Sean Hannity say solution is several cops in every school. What about malls, and the myriad of other public places?

Compare that to the cost and effectiveness of perfecting Robo-Cop. :P

Better yet, an orchestrated swarm of avengers, that emerge wherever needed, via drop ceilings.

Maybe wrap the instigator and his weapon with Silly String, or apply some other non-lethal neutralizing agent. :evil:

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

“Florida School Shooter is Latino Communist Antifa Supporter” stated:

“Cruz discussed radical Islam and ISIS in his instagram posts, where he posed in Antifa style masks, and as the picture demonstrates, is a self-identified Communist.”

Florida School Shooter is Latino Communist Antifa Supporter – The Roper Report

Here is Nikolas Cruz's "supposed" mugshot.

Following are two videos where students say there were multiple shooters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_nx9UaV1UQ

Skip to 1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5rl366Z6b8

Last edited by Elizabeth on February 16th, 2018, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

yjacket wrote: February 15th, 2018, 9:13 pm
Finrock wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:42 pm As a society we need to recognize that mental illness can affect pretty much any person or any demographic. We should also learn to be more compassionate and accepting of people who suffer from mental illnesses. ".
-Finrock
The problem is that our entire language structure and how we talk about this is jacked up. This individual didn't have a "mental illness", he was wicked. He committed a very evil act.

Once we stop lying to ourselves as a culture we can actually begin to see the roots of the problem and fix it. Call it what it is, wickedness. This individual wasn't mentally ill . . . he posted on youtube that he wanted to be a school shooter. What we think about ourselves eventually becomes true.

So as a society we can't actually talk the appropriate language to even begin to solve the problem. There are a few instances where people black out, can't remember what they did and do something bad. There are instances where people temporarily go nuts (i.e. they can't talk, they can't function, etc., have an altered sense of reality, etc.).

But to plan out an attack and kill people, call it what it is . . . wickedness and evil. Anything else is just a massive societal delusion designed to self-deceive. Once you understand what this is (i.e. evil) then you begin to see the solution, i.e. good moral teachings!

"Mentally ill" has become society's go to code word for anything wicked. Kill your family-he must be mentally ill, rob a store at gunpoint-must be mentally ill, kill a bunch of people-must be mentally ill. Because of course what "sane" person would kill another. When the question really is what righteous good person would kill another? But heaven forbid we ever call someone evil or wicked . . .so we call them "mentally insane"

And it really does a massive disservice to individuals who are dealing with massive trauma (generally caused by being a direct participant in a truly malevolent act, either they did, saw done, or was done to them). Jordan Peterson has some great videos on this.
Maybe. I want to be sure that we aren't conflating "mentally insane" with "mental illness". Calling a person evil really doesn't accomplish much of anything in my opinion. Its simply a label. So, he is a wicked person. Now you say the solution is to teach righteousness. OK, but, who is going to teach righteousness? Were the teachers not teaching this person what was good and right? Did he have people in his life that were doing this? Clearly something didn't go through. I don't know if this is what you mean, but I don't think this person was born wicked or evil. He, like all of us, may have been born with weaknesses and dispositions, however, these don't in and of themselves make a person evil. The evilness may have come to him over time.

Now, I don't know this young man's history. But, my whole point is did the young man have any support in his life? What if when he was younger, he was treated with compassion, kindness, and he received treatment and help to deal with trauma of losing a father, losing a mother, etc.? What if instead of people calling him crazy, looney, nuts, weird, or evil and then shunning him, he was recognized as being at risk. I think you associating "wickedness" de facto with "mental illness" speaks precisely to the stigma and issue I'm trying to point out. We can't just assume that mental illness and wickedness go together. First, mental illness is real. Having a mental illness doesn't excuse evil acts that you do. Having a mental illness is not the same as being mentally insane. We can be accountable for our actions and have a mental illness. What this person did was evil. But, could this have been prevented if we viewed, understood, and treated mental illness correctly? I think so. Does society have a role to play when some of our kids are growing up, who are filled with so much frustration and anger by how they have been treated by others, that they act out in this horribly wicked way? I believe society does have a role to play. We can teach our children to be more compassionate. We, as adults, can stop treating a mental illness as some shameful stigma and teach our children the same attitude. We, as a society, as adults, can be more tolerant and accepting of others who are different from us. These things will filter down to our kids as they will emulate or learn both the good or the bad examples we set.

When I look at these mass shootings done by teenagers, I see kids who come from abusive and traumatic backgrounds, kids who were bullied and ostracized by the more "normal" folks, kids who felt abandoned by parents and society, kids who had mental illnesses that were not treated properly. At some point these kids were young and innocent. They were good kids, just like all young children are. So, yeah, teach more righteousness. Teach our children to be compassionate, more tolerant of people that are different, to be more loving and accepting. Intervening earlier, taking action earlier to address bullying, abuse at home, trauma, etc. Will this guarantee that no more mass shootings or that no kid will become evil? No. Does any of this take away from the responsibility or excuse those that murder? No. But I believe these things will make a significant difference and may stem the current tide of children at risk of becoming mass murderers.

-Finrock

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

At the moment, I don't really care what the Florida gunman has been through, what kind of home he came from, who bullied him or the extent of his mental stability, I just don't care.

What I do care about is the safety of our children, and how to stop these gunmen from getting into our schools, I care about the ones who are attending school to learn, who will have careers, be good citizens, and most of all our future. They are the ones being shot in cold blood!

Why is it we can protect our money with guns, we also protect our Courtrooms with guns, and our Country, but we leave the children as sitting ducks?

Whatever the reason behind these shootings, right at this moment they need to be stopped!

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

h_p wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:55 pm When these mass slaughters happen, why is the answer from so many people always "we need more government" when the giant, bloated government we already have is so useless?

People are brainwashed by Institutions from churches to media to government that some authoritarian power will/should fix things. When an upsetting events happens people respond largely how they been conditioned to respond.

Any weapon the military has access to so should any free person should have access to. Purchasing weapons and ammo should be just as easy as purchasing a coke at a vending machine and just as available as a coke in a vending machine.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

h_p wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:55 pm ... "we need more government" ...
We don’t need.more government. (quantity)

We need more effective government. (quality)

A way for humans to monitor and direct a neutralizing force, where ever it’s needed. Many buildings have drop ceilings which provides a space for neutralizing robots to move about and emerge unexpectedly, under cover of smartly deployed smoke screens, etc.