School Shooting in FL/WA/GA/MI/MD/YouTube/TX

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: School Shooting in FL

Post by Elizabeth »

“Florida School Shooter is Latino Communist Antifa Supporter” stated:

“Cruz discussed radical Islam and ISIS in his instagram posts, where he posed in Antifa style masks, and as the picture demonstrates, is a self-identified Communist.”

Florida School Shooter is Latino Communist Antifa Supporter – The Roper Report

Here is Nikolas Cruz's "supposed" mugshot.

Following are two videos where students say there were multiple shooters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_nx9UaV1UQ

Skip to 1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5rl366Z6b8

Last edited by Elizabeth on February 16th, 2018, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

yjacket wrote: February 15th, 2018, 9:13 pm
Finrock wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:42 pm As a society we need to recognize that mental illness can affect pretty much any person or any demographic. We should also learn to be more compassionate and accepting of people who suffer from mental illnesses. ".
-Finrock
The problem is that our entire language structure and how we talk about this is jacked up. This individual didn't have a "mental illness", he was wicked. He committed a very evil act.

Once we stop lying to ourselves as a culture we can actually begin to see the roots of the problem and fix it. Call it what it is, wickedness. This individual wasn't mentally ill . . . he posted on youtube that he wanted to be a school shooter. What we think about ourselves eventually becomes true.

So as a society we can't actually talk the appropriate language to even begin to solve the problem. There are a few instances where people black out, can't remember what they did and do something bad. There are instances where people temporarily go nuts (i.e. they can't talk, they can't function, etc., have an altered sense of reality, etc.).

But to plan out an attack and kill people, call it what it is . . . wickedness and evil. Anything else is just a massive societal delusion designed to self-deceive. Once you understand what this is (i.e. evil) then you begin to see the solution, i.e. good moral teachings!

"Mentally ill" has become society's go to code word for anything wicked. Kill your family-he must be mentally ill, rob a store at gunpoint-must be mentally ill, kill a bunch of people-must be mentally ill. Because of course what "sane" person would kill another. When the question really is what righteous good person would kill another? But heaven forbid we ever call someone evil or wicked . . .so we call them "mentally insane"

And it really does a massive disservice to individuals who are dealing with massive trauma (generally caused by being a direct participant in a truly malevolent act, either they did, saw done, or was done to them). Jordan Peterson has some great videos on this.
Maybe. I want to be sure that we aren't conflating "mentally insane" with "mental illness". Calling a person evil really doesn't accomplish much of anything in my opinion. Its simply a label. So, he is a wicked person. Now you say the solution is to teach righteousness. OK, but, who is going to teach righteousness? Were the teachers not teaching this person what was good and right? Did he have people in his life that were doing this? Clearly something didn't go through. I don't know if this is what you mean, but I don't think this person was born wicked or evil. He, like all of us, may have been born with weaknesses and dispositions, however, these don't in and of themselves make a person evil. The evilness may have come to him over time.

Now, I don't know this young man's history. But, my whole point is did the young man have any support in his life? What if when he was younger, he was treated with compassion, kindness, and he received treatment and help to deal with trauma of losing a father, losing a mother, etc.? What if instead of people calling him crazy, looney, nuts, weird, or evil and then shunning him, he was recognized as being at risk. I think you associating "wickedness" de facto with "mental illness" speaks precisely to the stigma and issue I'm trying to point out. We can't just assume that mental illness and wickedness go together. First, mental illness is real. Having a mental illness doesn't excuse evil acts that you do. Having a mental illness is not the same as being mentally insane. We can be accountable for our actions and have a mental illness. What this person did was evil. But, could this have been prevented if we viewed, understood, and treated mental illness correctly? I think so. Does society have a role to play when some of our kids are growing up, who are filled with so much frustration and anger by how they have been treated by others, that they act out in this horribly wicked way? I believe society does have a role to play. We can teach our children to be more compassionate. We, as adults, can stop treating a mental illness as some shameful stigma and teach our children the same attitude. We, as a society, as adults, can be more tolerant and accepting of others who are different from us. These things will filter down to our kids as they will emulate or learn both the good or the bad examples we set.

When I look at these mass shootings done by teenagers, I see kids who come from abusive and traumatic backgrounds, kids who were bullied and ostracized by the more "normal" folks, kids who felt abandoned by parents and society, kids who had mental illnesses that were not treated properly. At some point these kids were young and innocent. They were good kids, just like all young children are. So, yeah, teach more righteousness. Teach our children to be compassionate, more tolerant of people that are different, to be more loving and accepting. Intervening earlier, taking action earlier to address bullying, abuse at home, trauma, etc. Will this guarantee that no more mass shootings or that no kid will become evil? No. Does any of this take away from the responsibility or excuse those that murder? No. But I believe these things will make a significant difference and may stem the current tide of children at risk of becoming mass murderers.

-Finrock

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

At the moment, I don't really care what the Florida gunman has been through, what kind of home he came from, who bullied him or the extent of his mental stability, I just don't care.

What I do care about is the safety of our children, and how to stop these gunmen from getting into our schools, I care about the ones who are attending school to learn, who will have careers, be good citizens, and most of all our future. They are the ones being shot in cold blood!

Why is it we can protect our money with guns, we also protect our Courtrooms with guns, and our Country, but we leave the children as sitting ducks?

Whatever the reason behind these shootings, right at this moment they need to be stopped!

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

h_p wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:55 pm When these mass slaughters happen, why is the answer from so many people always "we need more government" when the giant, bloated government we already have is so useless?

People are brainwashed by Institutions from churches to media to government that some authoritarian power will/should fix things. When an upsetting events happens people respond largely how they been conditioned to respond.

Any weapon the military has access to so should any free person should have access to. Purchasing weapons and ammo should be just as easy as purchasing a coke at a vending machine and just as available as a coke in a vending machine.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

h_p wrote: February 15th, 2018, 3:55 pm ... "we need more government" ...
We don’t need.more government. (quantity)

We need more effective government. (quality)

A way for humans to monitor and direct a neutralizing force, where ever it’s needed. Many buildings have drop ceilings which provides a space for neutralizing robots to move about and emerge unexpectedly, under cover of smartly deployed smoke screens, etc.

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

https://youtu.be/VIVF65-HTlc

Does anyone else notice the way Nikolas Cruz's handler I mean lawyer puts her arm around him on his back this is not standard procedure for lawyers. Is she comforting him or telling him what to do or threatening/reminding him what to say? Also who notices the flashy celebrity/royal necklace she is wearing that looks like something a queen or someone might wear. Obvious bribe/payment what public defender makes that kind of money to afford a necklace that size of that caliber or even private practice and then acts in the manner she does trying to appear to console or influence coerce Nikolas Cruz right before the confession is given. Look close people the truth is right before your eyes and it's terribly alarming wake up to the awful situation among us.

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

Another thing to note judge is wearing jewelry at first I thought it may be a wrist watch on further appearance a fancy pearl bracelet. I have never seen judges wear jewelry it's well unprofessional you don't wear jewelry as a cop or a military service member or a special agent etc why would you wear one as a judge? Could be coincidence but both the judge presiding over the case and the lawyer defending this mass shooter Nikolaev Cruz are both out of character. Who wears a 6 figure necklace to a court preceding for a mass shooter like seriously? Where is the professionalism that is something you wear to show off so she is wearing it to show off to the world because she is going to be on national tv defending a mass murder allegedly. You wear a necklace like that to a formal/informal party not a court preceding same with the judge if it were a gold watch I might understand but totally unprofessional to be wearing flashy jewelry at a court appearance for the second largest mass school shooting since Colombine

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

tribrac wrote: February 15th, 2018, 8:18 pm
David13 wrote: February 15th, 2018, 6:08 pm
Tribrac
There is no such thing as gun violence. When someone is killed by a drunk driving, is that called car violence? Of course not. No one would go along with such nonsense.
When someone falls to their death, is it called gravity violence? Again.
How much further do we need to go?
dc
Have you read the public comments aboyt guns lately?
Very few people believe that argument.

And comparing to a dui is good, but what had the American public done to stop drunk driving? Legislate. And dui was nowhere near as emotional as children getting killed in schools.

Im sorry for people who are afraid of change because changes are coming very fast.

It's important for the solution that everyone understand that the gun did not do the violence. A person did.
To not recognize that is part of the problem.

Drunk driving has been reduced, where it has been reduced by dealing with the drunk driver, not with the car.

Any sane person could see a parallel here.

Many people insist something must be done, for the sake of "doing something", saying they "did something" and then feeling good about themselves, and sometimes even saying "we fixed that, so it could never happen again", which is nothing but 'feel good about me' nonsense.

Drugs are illegal, prohibited, and billions are spent against drugs every year. Yet you know as well as I that drugs are available on just about every, or every other street corner in the United States.

Guns protect everything in the United States, from the President to the local police, banks, armored cars, etc. And schools are protected by a sign that says "No Guns Allowed".

It's nonsense.

So, do you want to educate people to reality and solutions, or perpetuate the nonsense?
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Son of Liberty wrote: February 16th, 2018, 6:36 am https://youtu.be/VIVF65-HTlc

Does anyone else notice the way Nikolas Cruz's handler I mean lawyer puts her arm around him on his back this is not standard procedure for lawyers. Is she comforting him or telling him what to do or threatening/reminding him what to say? Also who notices the flashy celebrity/royal necklace she is wearing that looks like something a queen or someone might wear. Obvious bribe/payment what public defender makes that kind of money to afford a necklace that size of that caliber or even private practice and then acts in the manner she does trying to appear to console or influence coerce Nikolas Cruz right before the confession is given. Look close people the truth is right before your eyes and it's terribly alarming wake up to the awful situation among us.
Liberal Democrat.
We know it's not his fault. It's the guns fault.
dc

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

FB_IMG_1518790462087.jpg
FB_IMG_1518790462087.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 1442 times

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Robin Hood wrote: February 16th, 2018, 7:18 am FB_IMG_1518790462087.jpg
Please extrapolate, kind sir.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 16th, 2018, 7:26 am
Just thought it was interesting.
Why do people kill each other so often in the US... even without guns?

Are the figures skewed by a few black spots or is this an endemic problem throughout the nation?
Is there also a race differential?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Who knows what the future holds, but the USA has a history going after Brits when they were not expecting the worst . If the USA ever deems a regime change is in order for your country as it has done in other countries, Brits might wish they had the right to bear arms.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Son of Liberty wrote: February 16th, 2018, 6:36 am https://youtu.be/VIVF65-HTlc

She’s doing her job as loathsome as it is and wearing costume jewelry. There is no conspiracy here.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Robin Hood wrote: February 16th, 2018, 7:34 am

Are the figures skewed by a few black spots or is this an endemic problem throughout the nation?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... troit/amp/

If you look at this list of the 20 most dangerous cites in the US, your last question will be answered.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 16th, 2018, 7:51 am
Robin Hood wrote: February 16th, 2018, 7:34 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... troit/amp/

If you look at this list of the 20 most dangerous cites in the US, your last question will be answered.
Yeesh, that was depressing....

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Quote: Among at least 1,000 people attending a candlelight vigil near the school Thursday night, some openly sobbed as the victims' names were read aloud. At one point, people began chanting, "No more guns! No more guns!"

[sarcasm]Wow, don't they know guns don't kill people, people do? [/sarcasm]

Change is coming folks, and I doubt it will be subtle.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Remember when students could check in their rifles at the main office so their dads could pick them up and go directly hunting after they got off work?

What changed? Certainly not the guns.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

tribrac wrote: February 16th, 2018, 8:15 am Change is coming folks, and I doubt it will be subtle.
And I fear the "cure" will be worse than the disease.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

We're been doing better. Still got a long ways to go, though:
violent-crime-US.gif
violent-crime-US.gif (47.25 KiB) Viewed 957 times

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Fiannan wrote: February 16th, 2018, 8:51 am
Murderers discovered Home Depot!
assaultban.jpg
assaultban.jpg (19.87 KiB) Viewed 933 times

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

EHT man charged in murder of girlfriend with hammer to remain ...
www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/eht-ma ... e0803.html
MAYS LANDING — An Egg Harbor Township man accused of beating his girlfriend to death with a hammer has been detained in jail until a trial date is set.

Woman guilty of beating husband to death with hammer
www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014 ... er/7479221
PHOENIX — An Arizona woman was found guilty Tuesday of first-degree murder in killing her husband with a hammer. A Maricopa County Superior Court jury ...

EHT man charged with murdering girlfriend with hammer | Crime ...
www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/crime/ ... c8944.html
An Egg Harbor Township man was charged with murder Saturday after he killed his girlfriend by striking her repeatedly with a hammer early Friday morning, authorities ...

Father who attempted to murder children with hammer before ...
www.breakingnews.ie/world/father-who-at ... 28275.html
A father attacked his three young children and stepdaughter with a hammer during a cocaine-induced psychotic episode and then drove them into a wall at 92mph, a court ...

3 women murdered in grisly hammer attack at NY home | Fox News
www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/13/3-woman-m ... -home.html
A hammer-wielding deranged man went on a ... 3 women murdered in grisly hammer attack at ... was charged with murder in the deaths of the three women ...

Teen charged with murder for allegedly killing mother with ...
www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-zaragoza-ch ... mer-police
Teen charged with murder for allegedly killing mother with hammer. ... to death with a hammer. ... Zaragoza has been charged with first and second-degree murder, ...

Arrest warrant: Kaytlynn Cargill murdered with hammer after ...
www.wfaa.com/news/crime/kaytlynn-cargil ... /470159288
DNA evidence and cell phone records link a 16-year-old boy to the murder of Kaytlynn Cargill over an alleged drug deal, according to an arrest warrant obtained ...

Teen Charged With Murder In Hammer Attack - HuffPost
www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/02/rober ... 53954.html
A Missouri teen has been charged as an adult in the brutal murder of a St. Louis man. Robert Mitchell, 17, turned himself in to authorities on Sunday night ...

'Bridalplasty' Contestant Murdered with Hammer | TMZ.com
www.tmz.com/2016/12/20/bridalplasty-con ... red-hammer
Lisa Marie Naegle was murdered after suffering repeated blows to the head with a hammer, and cops say they have their man ... law enforcement sources tell ...

Teen charged as adult with allegedly killing his mother with ...
www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harf ... story.html
A 16-year-old C. Milton Wright student has been charged in the murder of his mother ... Teen charged as adult with allegedly killing his mother with hammer.

Florida family murdered with a hammer in 'ritualistic Wiccan ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-318564 ... -Moon.html
Florida family murdered with a hammer in 'ritualistic Wiccan killing planned to coincide with the Blue Moon' A Florida family was brutally killed Tuesday at their ...

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

eddie wrote: February 16th, 2018, 4:35 am At the moment, I don't really care what the Florida gunman has been through, what kind of home he came from, who bullied him or the extent of his mental stability, I just don't care.

What I do care about is the safety of our children, and how to stop these gunmen from getting into our schools, I care about the ones who are attending school to learn, who will have careers, be good citizens, and most of all our future. They are the ones being shot in cold blood!

Why is it we can protect our money with guns, we also protect our Courtrooms with guns, and our Country, but we leave the children as sitting ducks?

Whatever the reason behind these shootings, right at this moment they need to be stopped!
The reason is for fake shootings to get people emotional and frantic so they will accept whatever solution the government proposes (top of the list: gun control).

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Fiannan wrote: February 16th, 2018, 8:51 am Remember when students could check in their rifles at the main office so their dads could pick them up and go directly hunting after they got off work?

But the guns have changed. These shootings aren't happening with grandpas 30-30.

That is my point. the gun lobby has tried to throw a wide loop around all gun owners suggesting the other guys want to take away my shotgun, and therefore I must stand up and defend the right for Bubba or some troubled teenager to own an advanced military styled weapon.

Pro-gun is losing the public debate because they hold to the idea "all access to all weapons or we fight".

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

JohnnyL wrote: February 16th, 2018, 9:41 am The reason is for fake shootings to get people emotional and frantic so they will accept whatever solution the government proposes (top of the list: gun control).
Maybe we all need to take a time out and see if we can come to any common ground. For instance...
hammertime.jpg
hammertime.jpg (17 KiB) Viewed 871 times
I think we could come up with ideas to overcome psychopaths with guns if we all just stopped blaming the guns and fix the people shooting them.