"Because I Know The Book Of Mormon Is True." Pres. Nelson

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
eddie
captain of 1,000

"Because I Know The Book Of Mormon Is True." Pres. Nelson

Post by eddie »

President Nelson treasures stake conference gathering: ‘We’re all in this together’
By
Jason Swensen
@JNSwensen
Published: February 4, 2018 4:55 pm

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — President Russell M. Nelson delivered a unifying message at Sunday’s Salt Lake Granger West Stake Conference:

“We’re all in this together.”

In their separate remarks, the Nelsons recounted a question that was once posed by a nurse to Dr. Russell M. Nelson after he performed a difficult surgery: “Why are you not like other surgeons?”

" Because I know the Book Of Mormon is true."

Some surgeons, the nurse knew well, could be short-tempered and profane as they performed their pressure-filled duties. Dr. Nelson’s reply?:

That answer prompted the nurse and her own surgeon-husband to study the Book of Mormon. President Nelson later baptized the nurse.

In her remarks, Sister Nelson testified of the essential, guiding role the Book of Mormon could play in every aspect of life. All can offer the same answer once offered by Dr. Nelson: " Because I know the Book Of Mormon is true."

Questions to Latter-day Saints about why they pay tithing, or help others, or attend multiple Church meetings, or dress modestly, or avoid drugs or alcohol can all be answered with the same reply.

" Because I know the Book Of Mormon is true."

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: We’re all in this together

Post by BeNotDeceived »

That’s a great line from the movie Brazil.

Long about Christmas time 1986 my college buddy and I were looking for movie to watch, at this crazy video store on State Street. The tree was hanging upside down, from the ceiling. Which come to find out, was common long ago.

Brazil was in the “bizarre” section, and was a big budget film from the 80s that remains one of my favorites.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NcKlDMYnmug Is a guy telling how it relates to false flags, etc. Image