Interesting discussions again? Let's see...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Interesting discussions again? Let's see...

Post by gardener4life »

So just a quick note...well relatively quick.

I hope that its possible that good and interesting discussions will again start coming out of the woodwork. I noticed that during the period of contention the last two weeks it was pretty much dead for new threads and nothing interesting was coming up. I think this was partly people were thinking they were tired of the fighting and so on. And they might have thought, why should I post anymore so and so will just cause a ruckus and then someone will knock them and it'll be a chain...

But I think it's already getting back to normal. People are already starting to post interesting thoughts again. This is good. Also this is a really good example of how we get more inspirations and help from the Spirit when we're focusing on good and doing good. So that confirms that it was the right thing to be trying to curb away some of the predatory behavior away from the sight. (I'm not trying to single anyone out or point fingers, but just show how you can see how inspiration flows when it's the right environment. We need an uplifting environment too in order to feel what being a child of God means and how to progress as one. We can't skip over the wonder and beauty of being a child of God too much. We need to think of it often in simple terms.)

So while we're on it...here's an interesting thought for you. I was thinking about the differences of the natural man and the saint. And this came up while listening to the Book of Mormon. You recall in that wonderful book, Nephi is praying upon his garden tower and the people hearing it hear him lament over the fallen state of the people. He's also lamenting over what will fall upon them. You can reference this story more if you want. It does a good job of showing how the wicked bring this upon themselves. God didn't bring it on them. They do it all on their own.

HELAMAN Chapter 7

What struck me as interesting was this idea and how God warns the people to repent or destruction will come upon them. But the natural man is trying to think, 'Oh so God is threatening to destroy me (rebellious attitude grows and gets angrier)'. But the saint (edited this line. I accidentally put natural mine instead of saint a second ago) when he or she reads or hears about this story sees that Nephi wasn't threatening to destroy them. And God wasn't threatening to destroy them either, but just God was alerting to them of dangers already happening and growing among them right there next to them and in their midst. God was trying to say, hey watch out that's really about to hit you...move away! Move away! (flee into the mountains scriptures ring a bell here.)

So when you read scriptures about God threatening to destroy something, you can see that its a proof that the people were natural men and not saints. (Mosiah 3:19). It's basically showing that they were in a fallen state that they didn't have enough access to the Spirit that God was pointing out the danger not threatening to bring down the hammer himself. A fallen state where it's merciful to end their suffering can ensue but more to the point, you see scriptures where God is trying to warn us through the Holy Ghost. some take that warning as a blessing and some rebel further, gettingt angrier seeing it as that proof of punishment means they are justified in being wicked, in their thoughtless state. They reject God by this fallacy and illusion of blaming God, rather than personal responsibility. And some of the wording of some scriptures even suggests that rather than God, when people get very wicked the Earth itself starts to reject them (destructions start to occur then.)
Last edited by gardener4life on February 9th, 2018, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: Interesting discussions again? Let's see...

Post by Durzan »

interesting thoughts.

abijah
pleb in zion

Re: Interesting discussions again? Let's see...

Post by abijah »

I agree with the premise on which this forum was started, on freedom of speech. To me it seems there is little worth in a discussion setting where people are not comfortable/able to share their genuine thoughts and feelings. It makes for an empty and boring conversation. Unconstructive criticism and attacking people is just going to drive them away and close people off.

In regards to your point I also agree that wickedness brings it's own reward. One of the baser tendencies of the natural man is to deflect blame, and attempting to place the fault on someone/something else. Man is ultimately accountable for his own fate and destiny, reflected in the choices he made and his use of agency. Those who are reap the rewards of their wicked decisions sowed the seeds themselves.