Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception

Post by JohnnyL »

Rand wrote: February 15th, 2018, 9:31 pm Acupuncture has been thoroughly studied and proven in many regards. But, it still can be called a branch of energy healing. But, it is legal and government approved. It is just a slippery slope to use a general term like energy healing...
If you mean electricity-wise, yes. If you mean qi, healing, etc., ... most here would put that in energy healing.

Spider
captain of 100

Re: Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception

Post by Spider »

I never heard about energy healing until a year or two ago, and I don’t know anyone who practices it so I really don’t get it. I have a sincere question for JohnnyL. Why do we need to pay an energy healer when we can get a priesthood blessing for free? Is there a difference between energy healing and a priesthood blessing other than a priesthood holder doing the blessing? What I am trying to understand is why there is a need for energy healers. Any energy healers out there please help me understand.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

Upton Sinclair

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Was it a "wake up call" she had or a call from the Church?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Spider wrote: February 15th, 2018, 10:40 pm I never heard about energy healing until a year or two ago, and I don’t know anyone who practices it so I really don’t get it. I have a sincere question for JohnnyL. Why do we need to pay an energy healer when we can get a priesthood blessing for free? Is there a difference between energy healing and a priesthood blessing other than a priesthood holder doing the blessing? What I am trying to understand is why there is a need for energy healers. Any energy healers out there please help me understand.
Hi Spider,

First ask yourself: why would anyone, including church presidents and apostles, visit a doctor when they can get a priesthood blessing for free, from fellow apostles, seers, and revelators?
Do they lack faith? Are they showing that they have lost their testimony? Do they show more faith in the arm of man, than in the Spirit and priesthood? Do they hold doctors as healers greater than God? Do they know where the AMA came from? Do they realize so many doctors are agnostic and atheistic? Do they realize things are only dealt with on the physical level (of problems, and therefore solutions)? Do they replace the priesthood with pills?

[Go ahead, anti-EHers, please answer, seriously; and then replace "doctor" with "energy healer" and see WHY the answers changed for you. (Because I'm maybe 99% certain they will.)]

I would suggest starting with visiting a few energy healers' websites. Read the testimonials. Seek to understand why people have used them. Especially pay attention to the ones where people went to doctors or psychiatrists/psychologists for years, spent tens of thousands of dollars and put their families in debt, and made little progress or ended up worse than when they started.

Energy healing is one of many ways to heal outside of Western medicine (pharmaceutical drugs and surgery). Understand that every licensed doctor in the USA is under the AMA, which controls what they can or can't do by threat of license revocation. The AMA has crushed and vilified any competition to Western medicine, and continues to do so, including having tried to block osteopathic doctors and chiropractors from practicing; and brainwashes people into believing they are the gods of healing. (If you want to read about an evil organization and its beginnings, nothing in the would-be, made up history of "new age" energy healing can begin to compare with it.)

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I am not into this issue really one way or another but I just thought of something. Almost everyone I have ever met who is into this sort of alternative healing, be it crystals, music, energy or whatever is a woman. Could some of these women have the gift of healing but as the priesthood was removed from women thousands of years ago, they have no other way to express their blessings except in this sort of New Age thing?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

"The fruits of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are health and vigor of body and of mind and of spirit, and the fruits of spiritualism are insanity and suicide." (source: Heber J. Grant, General Conference 1934)

Energy healing is a subset of spiritualism.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

BrianM wrote: February 16th, 2018, 11:24 am "The fruits of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are health and vigor of body and of mind and of spirit, and the fruits of spiritualism are insanity and suicide." (source: Heber J. Grant, General Conference 1934)

Drop the mike...

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

IMO, And as Jesus taught, we all have the power to heal and do as he did and more. There is no need for a mother to get set apart and given this gift - it’s inherent. I do have a problem with charging for it, but the fact that there are other forms of healing that are not commercialized by pharmaceutical companies or that are not formalized in an “offical” public-approved ceremony doesn’t subtract from the real healing experienced.

“There must needs be opposition in all things” - and no doubt in dabbling with energies and that circle, there are risks. But I’d say there are more risks in ignoring one’s own inherent gifts. The placebo effect (power of belief) is the 1st factor FDA uses to test medication effectiveness. To ignore that power & one’s own psych-ology, is like ignoring a tiger & expecting it to be tame - best to have it work for us rather than against us. IMO, That’s a big part of how Jesus healed.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

BrianM wrote: February 16th, 2018, 11:24 am "The fruits of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are health and vigor of body and of mind and of spirit, and the fruits of spiritualism are insanity and suicide." (source: Heber J. Grant, General Conference 1934)

Call for sources/ references chain. Not just something like "some spiritualist believed in it or said it was" but how actual EH is directly linked to/ sprung from it, just like in the chain of evidence for a crime tool.

(By the way, that has been done for the AMA.)

Also, a list of spiritualists who have gone insane and committed suicide, vs. those who have after using Western medicine, particularly pharmaceuticals? LdsMarco, OP, maybe you could give a hand on this one?
Last edited by JohnnyL on February 16th, 2018, 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 16th, 2018, 12:10 pm

Drop the mike...
Wow, that was substantive. :roll:

How about responding to those questions?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

JohnnyL wrote: February 16th, 2018, 10:06 am
Spider wrote: February 15th, 2018, 10:40 pm I never heard about energy healing until a year or two ago, and I don’t know anyone who practices it so I really don’t get it. I have a sincere question for JohnnyL. Why do we need to pay an energy healer when we can get a priesthood blessing for free? Is there a difference between energy healing and a priesthood blessing other than a priesthood holder doing the blessing? What I am trying to understand is why there is a need for energy healers. Any energy healers out there please help me understand.
Hi Spider,

First ask yourself: why would anyone, including church presidents and apostles, visit a doctor when they can get a priesthood blessing for free, from fellow apostles, seers, and revelators?
Do they lack faith? Are they showing that they have lost their testimony? Do they show more faith in the arm of man, than in the Spirit and priesthood? Do they hold doctors as healers greater than God? Do they know where the AMA came from? Do they realize so many doctors are agnostic and atheistic? Do they realize things are only dealt with on the physical level (of problems, and therefore solutions)? Do they replace the priesthood with pills?

[Go ahead, anti-EHers, please answer, seriously; and then replace "doctor" with "energy healer" and see WHY the answers changed for you. (Because I'm maybe 99% certain they will.)]

I would suggest starting with visiting a few energy healers' websites. Read the testimonials. Seek to understand why people have used them. Especially pay attention to the ones where people went to doctors or psychiatrists/psychologists for years, spent tens of thousands of dollars and put their families in debt, and made little progress or ended up worse than when they started.

Energy healing is one of many ways to heal outside of Western medicine (pharmaceutical drugs and surgery). Understand that every licensed doctor in the USA is under the AMA, which controls what they can or can't do by threat of license revocation. The AMA has crushed and vilified any competition to Western medicine, and continues to do so, including having tried to block osteopathic doctors and chiropractors from practicing; and brainwashes people into believing they are the gods of healing. (If you want to read about an evil organization and its beginnings, nothing in the would-be, made up history of "new age" energy healing can begin to compare with it.)
When I read your question the thought I had was "Western medicine may compliment a priesthood healing, energy healing competes with a priesthood healing."

I don't want to be drawn into defending something I don't have a lot of faith in. Western medicine has more than a few flaws to be sure, but energy healing is not the answer I find to be of most use, the answer is studying the scriptures and prayer. With the exception of traumatic injuries (broken bones and serious cuts for which Western medicine actually provides a solution) most illnesses within my experience have dealt with lifestyle habits and the cures found in the scriptures. For example, the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Moses.

Energy healing provides no better answer than the scriptures and priesthood to healing those illnesses. And energy healing provides no answers to the trauma.

So, I see no place where energy healing improves upon what is already available.

Now, as to the harm energy healing does. . . many of us have unfortunately witnessed that.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Michelle wrote: February 16th, 2018, 2:33 pm
Hi Spider,

When I read your question the thought I had was "Western medicine may compliment a priesthood healing, energy healing competes with a priesthood healing."

I don't want to be drawn into defending something I don't have a lot of faith in. Western medicine has more than a few flaws to be sure, but energy healing is not the answer I find to be of most use, the answer is studying the scriptures and prayer. With the exception of traumatic injuries (broken bones and serious cuts for which Western medicine actually provides a solution) most illnesses within my experience have dealt with lifestyle habits and the cures found in the scriptures. For example, the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Moses.

Energy healing provides no better answer than the scriptures and priesthood to healing those illnesses. And energy healing provides no answers to the trauma.

So, I see no place where energy healing improves upon what is already available.

Now, as to the harm energy healing does. . . many of us have unfortunately witnessed that.
This was not really "defending something [you] don't have a lot of faith in"; it's not about Western medicine. It's just showing prejudice that shows up in double standards--gross ignorance (more unintentional), or hypocrisy (more intentional). Why your answers were different, only you can answer personally.

And I don't know if people are blind because they can see but say they can't, are intentionally blind, or unintentionally blind, but blind it is. The fact that while tens of thousands of very satisfied customers openly recount their testimonies to the contrary, you can't see "where energy healing improves...", and thus, you are correct to believe what you do, right? I count myself fortunate, as many of us here also, to see on this topic.

I am taking that your answer to the prophets and apostles question is: not enough faith. Either that, or they don't pray and read the scriptures enough. Hmm... If that's the case, likely that's my problem, too.

Not.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

JohnnyL wrote: February 16th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Hi Spider,

This was not really "defending something [you] don't have a lot of faith in"; it's not about Western medicine. It's just showing prejudice that shows up in double standards--gross ignorance (more unintentional), or hypocrisy (more intentional). Why your answers were different, only you can answer personally.

And I don't know if people are blind because they can see but say they can't, are intentionally blind, or unintentionally blind, but blind it is. The fact that while tens of thousands of very satisfied customers openly recount their testimonies to the contrary, you can't see "where energy healing improves...", and thus, you are correct to believe what you do, right? I count myself fortunate, as many of us here also, to see on this topic.

I am taking that your answer to the prophets and apostles question is: not enough faith. Either that, or they don't pray and read the scriptures enough. Hmm... If that's the case, likely that's my problem, too.

Not.
Your response is kind of confusing. It doesn't seem you understood my reply at all.

I believe the prophets and apostles have plenty of faith. Energy healing is "My will be done, not thine" True faith is "Thy will be done, not mine."

As usual, I probably shouldn't have responded to you. I just hope you aren't leading anyone else astray with your posts.

I should have learned my lesson from our previous conversations. Don't expect me to reply if you answer this.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Michelle wrote: February 16th, 2018, 11:25 pm
JohnnyL wrote: February 16th, 2018, 9:08 pm
JohnnyL wrote: February 16th, 2018, 10:06 am Hi Spider,

Not.
Your response is kind of confusing. It doesn't seem you understood my reply at all.

I believe the prophets and apostles have plenty of faith. Energy healing is "My will be done, not thine" True faith is "Thy will be done, not mine."

As usual, I probably shouldn't have responded to you. I just hope you aren't leading anyone else astray with your posts.

I should have learned my lesson from our previous conversations. Don't expect me to reply if you answer this.
I feel like an apologist answering anti-Mormons' questions. Instead of having a logical and understanding discussion with them, they already have their minds made up, because their minister told them, showed them some random scriptures, shared a movie of hear stories of ex-Mormons experiences with the devil because of the church, they hear about JS and his spiritualism (oooh, interesting connection, huh?) and--with mostly ignorance but some malice--share it with all they know. So you answer every question with fact, sources they can view, and logic--doesn't matter, they don't bother (and don't care), move to the next one, and the next one, and the next one, in a rush, believing that if they throw everything bad against the Mormon wall, something will stick and someone will see it. They believe they are knowledgeable, and condemning Mormons is the work of God.
"Have you ever read the Book of Mormon?" Silence, then some answer that avoids the question. "Have you ever been to church?" "Yes, and it was weird and I had a bad feeling." "How many Mormons do yo know and interact with?" "I know one guy, and he thinks he's better than everyone (because he won't go drinking with us)." ETC.

Oh, I think you didn't understand your own response. Turning to Western medicine is more "my will be done, not Thine" than energy healing. Or can you still not see that? True faith is "Thy will be done" for healing and is, as BY kind of basically said, following the Spirit and getting off your butt to do things it leads you to to get yourself healed. Is true faith sitting around taking pharmaceuticals until you need a few operations that land you tens of thousands of dollars in debt and limit your life, or opening yourself to possibilities in the face of ignorance of and detesting from the masses?

I also believe they have great faith. I'm just seeing a double standard in your and Elder Ballard's expressed views, though I'm sensing it's due more to ignorance than malice. However, and here's the rub, that ignorance has led to open malice (and still does--"I just hope you aren't leading anyone else astray with your posts"--are you kidding me??!!).

Not sure how I could lead anyone else astray when speaking the truth? Though yes, I hope to lead them away from your false paradigm.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 11th, 2018, 6:05 pm More deception and evil from the EH crowd:

http://www.good4utah.com/good-things-ut ... 1026260978
??

I guess we're supposed to say we see it all over there, right?

??

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

JohnnyL wrote: March 11th, 2018, 10:18 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 11th, 2018, 6:05 pm More deception and evil from the EH crowd:

??

??
Correct. It is self evident.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 12th, 2018, 8:49 am

??
??
Ah, the continuing uninterrupted inundation of unsubstantiated nonsense from DW2.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

JohnnyL wrote: March 12th, 2018, 9:08 am
DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 12th, 2018, 8:49 am

??
??
Ah, the continuing uninterrupted inundation of unsubstantiated nonsense from DW2.
Ah, I thought there was a good solid base of nonsense in her link.

I'll skip the details as to why I thought I'd avoid it.
dc

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Talk about getting off the path. I have been around a bunch of crazy stuff in my life but things like this still sound so strange - I listened for a few minutes and wondered how many people out there are like this?

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

I've been studying some conference talks recently about pain, suffering, and healing in various forms - both physically and spiritually - and whenever I hear and read their words they taste sweet, and good, and beautiful to me. I am filled with light, hope, and sweet assurance from the Holy Ghost that they speak truth and in turn I feel myself drawing closer to God.

On the other hand - and standing in stark contrast to the words of God through His holy prophets - is Energy Healing. DesertWonderer is right, it is self-evident. Just watching that video fills my mouth with a bitter taste, and I reject it. There is no light and truth in her words, but rather a cheap and baudy imitation; a duplicitous and damning counterfeit that Satan is the author of.

I invite all within the sound of my voice to flee far away from that garbage, and turn to Christ and His gospel for healing. In the end it is only in and through Christ that we can find true and lasting healing and salvation.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

My understanding is not that women held the priesthood thousands of years ago, and had it removed. The priesthood is a directive authority that was held by patriarchs, then the Levites, then nobody, and now every worthy male member. If a "male member" is defined in his eternal sense as "A current or future head of household", then the priesthood is available to all men and women when blessed with the opportunity of sealing-an opportunity that all faithful men and women will have. The definition of a "prophetess" seems to be "wife of a prophet", and such a person may certainly be blessed with great spiritual sensitivity without actually holding priesthood authority.

But with or without that viewpoint, the priesthood is founded principally on faithfulness and a submission to the will of the Lord, rather than seeking to heal and exercise power. The vast majority of men throughout history have also not held the priesthood, but it is still statistically many more woman than men who find themselves in this field.

The reason, I believe, is because a natural trait of the daughters of God is an affinity for belief or spiritual strength generally. On the positive end, this leads them to be more receptive to the gospel, and to receive it more quickly than men. On the negative end, this leads them to be more receptive to deception and to counterfeit spirituality. This is only my own observation in my own life.

As for energy healing? I'm leaning toward Michelle's comments on this one; there's no place for it. After years of practice with Qi Gong, I'm convinced that there is nothing I can achieve with it that I haven't trumped with the many experiences I've been blessed to witness through actual priesthood blessings. In contrast to that success, if there are deceiving spirits waiting to give a little healing help to people if they hope to later take them down a stray path or open them up to more direct influence, they sure seem to have low hopes for snagging me on that hook through Qi Gong or even crystals.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Onsdag wrote: March 12th, 2018, 11:00 am I've been studying some conference talks recently about pain, suffering, and healing in various forms - both physically and spiritually - and whenever I hear and read their words they taste sweet, and good, and beautiful to me. I am filled with light, hope, and sweet assurance from the Holy Ghost that they speak truth and in turn I feel myself drawing closer to God.

On the other hand - and standing in stark contrast to the words of God through His holy prophets - is Energy Healing. DesertWonderer is right, it is self-evident. Just watching that video fills my mouth with a bitter taste, and I reject it. There is no light and truth in her words, but rather a cheap and baudy imitation; a duplicitous and damning counterfeit that Satan is the author of.

I invite all within the sound of my voice to flee far away from that garbage, and turn to Christ and His gospel for healing. In the end it is only in and through Christ that we can find true and lasting healing and salvation.
Well said.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

quantum physics is in the realm of spiritual world, should be welcome.
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... 20world%22