Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception

Post by LdsMarco »

It took courage and humility for Aimee Benefield to share her story. For the past few years, she had been an influential face in the world of energy healing as well as an enthusiastic advocate of a popular mentoring program, 3-Key-Elements. But all that changed a couple of months ago after a sudden “wake up call”, and she is now seeking to warn her fellow Latter-day Saints about what she feels was a dangerous road of deception.

Read and listen to her full message here: http://www.warrior-events.org/free-fait ... g-podcasts

The owner of warrior-events.org and faithfilledpreparedness.com said that after much prayer and consideration, she has decided to take down most of her self-improvement trainings and programs, which she had spent countless hours creating over the past three years. She affirmed, “I stand with the leaders of my church” and apologized for anything in her trainings/products that may not have been keeping within the doctrines taught in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She says that at the time, she felt that she was truly on the Lord’s errand and thought she was doing the right thing and helping people, but she now sees that she was getting slightly off course.

“I feel like I need to share my story, because I have affected a lot of people. And many of them have a lot of confusion right now, and I don’t want to be a part of that confusion. So I want to be as clear as a I can about why I’m doing what I’m doing right now.”

“This is a hard wake up call for me,” the mother of six said in an emotional video, where she laid out her experience and her coming to the realization that she had been deceived. “I was getting off,” she said. “I hope that by sharing my story it might help others who have strayed, to course correct.”

“The gospel of Jesus Christ is real.. and it’s simple. ..And we don’t need to recreate the wheel. Yes our thoughts matter, yes..the state of our heart matters…energy is real, energy work is real” “…But you can learn how to heal, for free, through the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
Her complete turnaround has sent shock waves throughout the energy healing community she was apart of. She acknowledged that “this is a very sensitive topic for some, especially for some of my friends.” And to her friends/followers she said: “I just don’t want to hurt anybody. But, I love you enough to say something. Because honestly, I would rather just close everything down, and not say anything to anybody.”

Benefield said that she hopes that some of the things she shares “will help to unveil some of the dangers that are out there right now” because she feels that there are many good, but naive, Latter-day Saints who are unaware of how clever the adversary can be and that “he can masquerade nigh unto an angel of light” to deceive even the very elect.

Regarding how to help those of our Latter-day Saint friends who may have gotten slightly off course, she made this plea:

“Be so kind to these people. Please, be so understanding. They do NOT need our condemnation. They need our love and our prayers.”

You can watch and listen to Aimee’s full message, which includes some additional videos and podcasts about her experience: http://www.warrior-events.org/free-fait ... g-podcasts

*Of note: Aimee sold many self-improvement/empowerment training courses, but she has never charged money for any of her energy healing sessions.
Last edited by LdsMarco on March 29th, 2018, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception

Post by iWriteStuff »

LdsMarco wrote: February 9th, 2018, 6:55 am “I feel like I need to share my story, because I have affected a lot of people. And many of them have a lot of confusion right now, and I don’t want to be a part of that confusion. So I want to be as clear as a I can about why I’m doing what I’m doing right now.”
This is huge! Thanks for sharing.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Re: Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception

Post by h_p »

LdsMarco wrote: February 9th, 2018, 6:55 am Regarding how to help those of our Latter-day Saint friends who may have gotten slightly off course, she made this plea:

“Be so kind to these people. Please, be so understanding. They do NOT need our condemnation. They need our love and our prayers.”
Wise words in EVERY condition.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

EW is a satanic counterfeit to the true gospel. So glad that this lady has recognized the evil she was doing. Hopefully others will recognize this as well and come backto the good ship Zion.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

This admission made some pretty big waves in the EH circles when she put this on her blog. I believe she also posted it in some of her EH facebook groups and on her own facebook page.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Yes!!! Less competition, yahoo! :D

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 9th, 2018, 9:16 am EW is a satanic counterfeit to the true gospel. So glad that this lady has recognized the evil she was doing. Hopefully others will recognize this as well and come backto the good ship Zion.
False dichotomy, DW2.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I didn't watch all of her videos. If somebody did, can you tell me if she ever explained in detail why she thinks energy healing is wrong? It is obvious to many of us, that this indeed is the case. However, I'm sure those practicing EH will just say that not all EH is bad, or she was deceived but Christ-centered EH is good etc.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

There's always a war somewhere to be fought

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Good for her. For many of us this is so easy to see but when you give your life, heart and truly believe you are correct it's hard to make a course correction. I would liken this change of heart akin to growing up faithfully in one religion but willing to drop it all for the truth.

I don't think there is a good and bad energy healing I think it's all bad. Satan is a master of deception and works on our weaknesses trying to expose us even to where we think we are the Lords errand when indeed we are not.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

This is so awesome. Lds are finally seeing the harm that energy healing does. I have a stake calling, and our leaders are working on educating people that energy healing is against the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Laterday Saints.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Mcox wrote: February 9th, 2018, 6:29 pm This is so awesome. Lds are finally seeing the harm that energy healing does. I have a stake calling, and our leaders are working on educating people that energy healing is against the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Laterday Saints.
Uh, it's one woman.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Mcox wrote: February 9th, 2018, 6:29 pm This is so awesome. Lds are finally seeing the harm that energy healing does. I have a stake calling, and our leaders are working on educating people that energy healing is against the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Laterday Saints.
We are fortunate that this cancer has not struck our stake.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

JohnnyL wrote: February 9th, 2018, 9:25 pm
Uh, it's one woman.
Who know, Maybe you’ll be next? Hope springs eternal.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

You know what's cool about this? It's like Lamoni in the Book of Mormon. People give a lot of the credit to Ammon but really how strong people like this and Lamoni are for admitting openly they repent and going forward like stalwarts. I was thinking recently that a lot of Ammon being allowed to do as much as he did was because Lamoni was truly trying to be good.

So when you read about this where someone realizes they were wrong and admits it. I just think...those people are so strong for not worrying what the world thinks and instead only worrying what Jesus thinks.

There still are good things going on in the world. Let's keep trying to be and do good.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 10th, 2018, 7:56 am
Uh, it's one woman.
Or you... could finally get outside your box and go, "Oh!" :)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Mcox wrote: February 9th, 2018, 6:29 pm ... educating people that energy healing is against the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Laterday Saints.
So how does that go?
What materials are used to "educate" people?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

gardener4life wrote: February 10th, 2018, 8:55 am You know what's cool about this? It's like Lamoni in the Book of Mormon. People give a lot of the credit to Ammon but really how strong people like this and Lamoni are for admitting openly they repent and going forward like stalwarts. I was thinking recently that a lot of Ammon being allowed to do as much as he did was because Lamoni was truly trying to be good.

So when you read about this where someone realizes they were wrong and admits it. I just think...those people are so strong for not worrying what the world thinks and instead only worrying what Jesus thinks.

There still are good things going on in the world. Let's keep trying to be and do good.
I don't know, sounds like my friend's family and other new members that repented of joining the Mormon Church and went back to their mega anti-Mormon church.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

JohnnyL wrote: February 10th, 2018, 10:17 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: February 10th, 2018, 7:56 am
Uh, it's one woman.
Or you... could finally get outside your box and go, "Oh!" :)
You mean “get outside my box” and start using magc wands to heal myself? Hmmm...don’t think that will ever happen.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

mirkwood wrote: February 9th, 2018, 11:33 pm
You don't live in Utah? It's all over Utah.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I do, but it is not in our stake. I've asked around.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

JohnnyL wrote: February 9th, 2018, 12:23 pm Yes!!! Less competition, yahoo! :D

Less competition? So, you see other LDS Energy healers as competing against you for the same small pool of desperate, duped LDS who will pay money for your services. In actuality, she was never your competition. Unlike you, she never charged for Energy sessions. Yet, she heard the warnings of a Prophet and heeded his counsel to stop promoting the craft of Energy Healing. I commend her and other LDS members who show that level of faith and humility and desire to serve the Lord.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

BrianM wrote: February 14th, 2018, 10:21 am
mirkwood wrote: February 9th, 2018, 11:33 pm
You don't live in Utah? It's all over Utah.
That's probably true in Utah county(I think it's probably well known there), maybe out in the new subdivisions in Draper, Herriman, possibly... but it's not where I live in Salt Lake. I don't know any in my Stake who practice it, and it's never been brought up to us. I don't think it's a problem here, though I assume there are some that practice or use it, it isn't known.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I wanted to share what was posted on another thread--this is from Elder Ballard's talk in General Conference and is what prompted this woman to follow his counsel and give up Energy healing:
evejaa wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 pm
Maybe we all need to re-read M. Russell Ballard message again. As I read it, I hear him talking about Julie Rowe

We must be careful where our footsteps in life take us. We must be watchful and heed the counsel of Jesus to His disciples as He answered these questions: “Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man [and I add woman] deceive you.”9

Today I repeat earlier counsel from Church leaders.

Brothers and sisters, keep the doctrine of Christ pure and never be deceived by those who tamper with the doctrine. The gospel of the Father and the Son was restored through Joseph Smith, the prophet for this last dispensation.

Do not listen to those who have not been ordained and/or set apart to their Church calling and are not acknowledged by common consent of the members of the Church.10

Be aware of organizations, groups, or individuals claiming secret answers to doctrinal questions that they say today’s apostles and prophets do not have or understand.

Do not listen to those who entice you with get-rich schemes. Our members have lost far too much money, so be careful.

In some places, too many of our people are looking beyond the mark and seeking secret knowledge in expensive and questionable practices to provide healing and support.

An official Church statement, issued one year ago, states: “We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises—in exchange for money—miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders.”11

The Church Handbook counsels: “Members should not use medical or health practices that are ethically or legally questionable. Local leaders should advise members who have health problems to consult with competent professional practitioners who are licensed in the countries where they practice.”12

Brothers and sisters, be wise and aware that such practices may be emotionally appealing but may ultimately prove to be spiritually and physically harmful.
He couldn't have been more clear and I'm so grateful for faithful members who truly are trying to do what is right and not follow the world.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AI2.0 wrote: February 15th, 2018, 10:00 am I wanted to share what was posted on another thread--this is from Elder Ballard's talk in General Conference and is what prompted this woman to follow his counsel and give up Energy healing:
evejaa wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 pm
Maybe we all need to re-read M. Russell Ballard message again. As I read it, I hear him talking about Julie Rowe

We must be careful where our footsteps in life take us. We must be watchful and heed the counsel of Jesus to His disciples as He answered these questions: “Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man [and I add woman] deceive you.”9

Today I repeat earlier counsel from Church leaders.

Brothers and sisters, keep the doctrine of Christ pure and never be deceived by those who tamper with the doctrine. The gospel of the Father and the Son was restored through Joseph Smith, the prophet for this last dispensation.

Do not listen to those who have not been ordained and/or set apart to their Church calling and are not acknowledged by common consent of the members of the Church.10

Be aware of organizations, groups, or individuals claiming secret answers to doctrinal questions that they say today’s apostles and prophets do not have or understand.

Do not listen to those who entice you with get-rich schemes. Our members have lost far too much money, so be careful.

In some places, too many of our people are looking beyond the mark and seeking secret knowledge in expensive and questionable practices to provide healing and support.

An official Church statement, issued one year ago, states: “We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises—in exchange for money—miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders.”11

The Church Handbook counsels: “Members should not use medical or health practices that are ethically or legally questionable. Local leaders should advise members who have health problems to consult with competent professional practitioners who are licensed in the countries where they practice.”12

Brothers and sisters, be wise and aware that such practices may be emotionally appealing but may ultimately prove to be spiritually and physically harmful.
He couldn't have been more clear and I'm so grateful for faithful members who truly are trying to do what is right and not follow the world.
As shown before, it's very unclear what he meant. Clear" is: "energy healing is evil. Where is that?

And your entire argument and claim to victory rests on this unclear speech?

Today, a person was sharing with me about how energy healing had helped her. I told her how it could further help their autistic child. They definitely wants more information, and I will gladly provide it. :evil: