Canada - thoughts?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Canada - thoughts?

Post by Fiannan »

Any humans, I mean hupersons, here have thoughts on this?

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Re: Canada - thoughts?

Post by Dave62 »

He is an oikophobic fool. Canadians chose poorly when they elected this man as the PM. If I was Canadian I would want Jordan Peterson to enter politics.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Trudeau is stupid. And likely gay.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

mes5464 wrote: February 9th, 2018, 7:41 am Trudeau is stupid. And likely gay.
Would not surprise me
He has made this country worse since getting in.
He's angered much of his own supporters with not legalizing weed as promised.
I didn't vote for him and I am glad I didn't.
I mean Canada is a piece of crap anyways. I don't like living here.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

He's angered much of his own supporters with not legalizing weed as promised.
Listening to him speak...

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Seriously, where did they get this guy?! (don't answer that) Julie Rowe seems to have a bit of a crush on him - giggled when talking about him, and called him really handsome, etc. But then she said he will be the Anti-Christ, so....

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Robin Hood will back me up on this one. In a Westminster form of government you do not get to vote for the Prime Minister, unless you happen to live in his riding (district).

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

We used to laugh at idiots and fools. Now we elect them. Where are the Visigoths when you need them?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

gkearney wrote: February 9th, 2018, 2:44 pm Robin Hood will back me up on this one. In a Westminster form of government you do not get to vote for the Prime Minister, unless you happen to live in his riding (district).
That is correct.
No one voted for him except those in his constituency who voted for him as their MP.
Prime Ministers are not directly elected.

I would add that dispite this clearly odd PM, Canada is a great country (well at least Alberta is).

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Also if his party members in parliament do not like the job he is doing they can vote him out as party leader any time they like and put someone else in as Prime Minister. If thing really get out of hand, like not passing a budget, the Governor General, acting on behalf of HM the Queen can dismiss the government and call new elections.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Robin Hood wrote: February 9th, 2018, 3:58 pm
gkearney wrote: February 9th, 2018, 2:44 pm Robin Hood will back me up on this one. In a Westminster form of government you do not get to vote for the Prime Minister, unless you happen to live in his riding (district).
That is correct.
No one voted for him except those in his constituency who voted for him as their MP.
Prime Ministers are not directly elected.

I would add that dispite this clearly odd PM, Canada is a great country (well at least Alberta is).
That’s due to Alberta having oil and lots of grass for cattle. So Alberta has money which then promotes the economy. I lived in Calgary for 6 months and the economy was really booming. The rest of Canada not so much. BC is pretty.
Their income taxes are lower. Less government waist but less freedoms too. Comparison to the USA. Canada has less government corruption. Day to Day life they have as many freedoms as you do in the USA. The only thing different vs the USA that I saw was for gun ownership freedoms.
Fuel is much more expensive. Living costs are about the same. Canada definitely has better quality foods in the stores with a large organic section. In Calgary I didn’t see many obese people at all. In the USA the saying is that “it’s the land of the free.”
So people believe that without questioning it. But if the ability to own a gun is all that is different between Canada and the USA then is it really the land of the free. As you can own guns in Canada as well just have to apply. Which is what we do here in the USA.

I believe there are places more free then the USA.

Mewtwo
captain of 10

Post by Mewtwo »

Canada freaks me out. If the 2012 protest against Warren Farrell at the University of Toronto is any indication, Canada got the jump on the US by a few years with the whole idea that it's the mainstream cool thing to be an SJW.

Still, it also seems to be the hub for the free speech movement. Canada may have given us crazies like Big Red, but it's also given us Jordan Peterson, Karen Straughan and a whole bunch of other wonderful people.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

People like Trudeau or Clinton, as well as the people who vote for them, sometimes leave me wishing for the collapse prophesied to come soon.

Life was hard. Hard work and industry, mostly by men, made life easier. More hard work and industry made life appear easy. Then feminists and those foolish enough to follow or kowtow to feminists started attacking men and the masculine attributes that made life easy for them. When the collapse comes these people will initially blame toxic masculinity and patriarchy, but soon they will either accept their true role in life or die.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGZglVh-vcI
(Ben Shapiro weighs in on the awful Trudeau)

He is an utter loser. A complete laughing stock, and I truly hope he is booted out of office next year.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/sugar-tax-debate-canada-soda-childhood-obesity/article36591805/ wrote: ... To Dr. Robert Lustig, a pediatric endocrinologist who teaches at the University of California, "it's all about the science" of sugar. Dr. Lustig and Dr. Freedhoff testified alongside other doctors, health groups, researchers, Indigenous leaders and industry stakeholders before a Senate committee that last year called on Ottawa to consider a tax on sugar-sweetened and artificially sweetened beverages.

Foods high in added sugars, Dr. Lustig said in an interview, are metabolized differently than those that are naturally sweet. An apple has fibre, which creates a type of gel that effectively blocks a certain amount of sugar from being absorbed by the body and instead causes it to be devoured by bacteria in the intestine. The fructose in sugary soda can only be metabolized by the liver, and is then converted into fat. That fat either remains in the liver, potentially leading to fatty liver disease, or is exported as a triglyceride, possibly leading to cardiovascular disease and obesity. ...
Good proposal, except need to excempt Stevia and a few other good sweeteners detailed in The Plant Paradox.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Sirocco wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:15 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGZglVh-vcI

He is an utter loser. A complete laughing stock, and I truly hope he is booted out of office next year.
Don't hold your breath. Voters in Canada want far left politicians and policies, and a lot of people who don't want far left policies don't bother voting because they feel like their votes won't matter. My big question is which country will collapse first: the US or Canada.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

brianj wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:14 am
Sirocco wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:15 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGZglVh-vcI

Don't hold your breath. Voters in Canada want far left politicians and policies, and a lot of people who don't want far left policies don't bother voting because they feel like their votes won't matter. My big question is which country will collapse first: the US or Canada.
Canada because far left policies create decline at a faster rate.
I think he bothered a lot of people due to not giving things like legal weed and all that First Nations aid he went on about.
That pisses people off.