New Moderators on LDSFF (2018)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

New Moderators on LDSFF (2018)

Post by creator »

We have new moderators on LDSFF. I appreciate their willingness to assist.
  • iWriteStuff
  • Durzan
  • Michelle
As I've said, at times, I am open to accepting new moderators (anyone can volunteer) and will gladly accept those that have demonstrated they can handle discussion in an objective and fair manner, follow the rules of the forum, and especially those who have shown they don't get easily mad or upset (or triggered) and are okay with others "being wrong"..

Some of the guidelines I give to moderators are as follows: Moderators should be peacekeepers. As moderators we should do our best to set a good example, be respectful, tactful and diplomatic in our participation in forum discussions - and especially when communicating with others in your role as a moderator.

Also, I am open to suggestions of others whom you think would be a good fit as LDSFF moderators.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: New Moderators on LDSFF

Post by creator »

Also, the Puppet Master approves.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

BrianM wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:29 pm Also, the Puppet Master approves.
Who is the puppet master? I think both of those choices are good, I particularly like iwrite's humor. ( he"s a little mixed up politically, but still like able.)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

eddie wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:36 pmI particularly like iwrite's humor. ( he's a little mixed up politically, but still like able.)
I didn't previously look too closely at iwritestuff's political leanings but after reading some of the posts on this "Ether's Avenue" thread I would have to disagree with you (he is not mixed up politically). He seems aware of the problems and corruption with both the Republicans and Democrats, is aware of " the false dichotomy of two party hegemony", and "the Republicans and Democrats are the Left and Right hands of the Party of Gadianton". Well said. Spot on.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

eddie wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:36 pmWho is the puppet master?
I'm not sure if anyone really knows.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FFA

He resurrected Image

From the confines of OD; we all err, and even die-hard conservatives are called upon to forgive liberally.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

BrianM wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:50 pm
eddie wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:36 pmI particularly like iwrite's humor. ( he's a little mixed up politically, but still like able.)
I didn't previously look too closely at iwritestuff's political leanings but after reading some of the posts on this "Ether's Avenue" thread I would have to disagree with you (he is not mixed up politically). He seems aware of the problems and corruption with both the Republicans and Democrats, is aware of " the false dichotomy of two party hegemony", and "the Republicans and Democrats are the Left and Right hands of the Party of Gadianton". Well said. Spot on.
To each his own!

LucianAMD
ex-Puppet Master

Post by LucianAMD »

eddie wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:36 pm
BrianM wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:29 pm Also, the Puppet Master approves.
Who is the puppet master?
;)

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

BrianM wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:27 pm We have two new moderators on LDSFF. I appreciate their willingness to assist.
  • iWriteStuff
  • Durzan
As I've said, at times, I am open to accepting new moderators (anyone can volunteer) and will gladly accept those that have demonstrated they can handle discussion in an objective and fair manner, follow the rules of the forum, and especially those who have shown they don't get easily mad or upset (or triggered) and are okay with others "being wrong".

Some of the guidelines I give to moderators are as follows: Moderators should be peacekeepers. As moderators we should do our best to set a good example, be respectful, tactful and diplomatic in our participation in forum discussions - and especially when communicating with others in your role as a moderator.

Also, I am open to suggestions of others whom you think would be a good fit as LDSFF moderators.
I suggest and recommend Silver.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

AJAX FOR PRESIDENT

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Vision wrote: February 9th, 2018, 6:47 am AJAX FOR PRESIDENT
Here!! Here!!

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

gardiner4life, Michelle

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

BrianM wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:50 pm
eddie wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:36 pmWho is the puppet master?
I'm not sure if anyone really knows.
Who is any man's puppet master? ;)

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

How it feels to become a moderator:
promoted.jpg
promoted.jpg (10.54 KiB) Viewed 1925 times

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

I accept. Vision - 1st Counselor
brlenox wrote:
Here!! Here!!
brlenox - 2nd Counselor

As all can see, I take care of those who support me.

And let it be known to all: I promise to give authority back when this crisis is over.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

ajax wrote: February 9th, 2018, 8:25 am
brlenox wrote:
Here!! Here!!
brlenox - 2nd Counselor

And let it be known to all: I promise to give authority back when this crisis is over.
Why is it only men are considered...

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Arenera wrote: February 9th, 2018, 8:33 am
brlenox wrote:
Here!! Here!!
brlenox - 2nd Counselor

Wait, Vision and brlenox are men? [Insert Obrien's favorite curse word here].

No worries, I've made arrangements for plenty of women to be part of the inner circle.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

ajax wrote: February 9th, 2018, 8:36 am
brlenox wrote:

Here!! Here!!
brlenox - 2nd Counselor

No worries, I've made arrangements for plenty of women to be part of the inner circle.
Less than a day in and you've already pissed off the ladies. Bravo.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

brlenox wrote:

Here!! Here!!
brlenox - 2nd Counselor

Is it required they wear Spandex Mr. President?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Meili wrote: February 9th, 2018, 9:06 am

brlenox - 2nd Counselor

Less than a day in and you've already pissed off the ladies. Bravo.
I have no need for the offended. Only the willing and obedient.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

eddie wrote: February 9th, 2018, 10:29 am

brlenox - 2nd Counselor

Is it required they wear Spandex Mr. President?
Now you're thinking eddie. There may perhaps be room for you.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

BrianM wrote: February 8th, 2018, 7:27 pm We have two new moderators on LDSFF. I appreciate their willingness to assist.
  • iWriteStuff
  • Durzan
As I've said, at times, I am open to accepting new moderators (anyone can volunteer) and will gladly accept those that have demonstrated they can handle discussion in an objective and fair manner, follow the rules of the forum, and especially those who have shown they don't get easily mad or upset (or triggered) and are okay with others "being wrong".

Hmmm. That way I found out Durzan is a moderator was this warning in my box:
Sent: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 am
Recipient: AI2.0
Hey AI 2.0,

You certainly do seem to have a lot of zeal and heart towards the gospel, and I do appreciate your enthusiasm. While it does have its place, such zeal can go to far, causing more problems than they would solve.

Some of your more posts have come off as a little harsh to some, and to others they seem to be jail-baiting in nature. Thus, I would ask you to keep your rhetoric in check; we do not live in Book of Mormon times, and while what you say may be true (and sometimes things like that do need to be said), such words often only add heat to the fire, and bring additional contention into a thread.

Be careful from now on. Okay?
Interesting. I've been on the forum for going on four years and this is the only time I've received a warning since Jules warned me for speaking about Denver Snuffer. So, if 'some' of my posts come off as 'harsh' and 'others think they are 'jail-baiting' in nature, there must be several posters on the forum who have complained about my posts, yet I've not been apprised of this until now.

And, unfortunately, I had some times when Durzan and I did not see 'eye to eye'...

Also concerning is that I'm really unsure of what was meant by 'jail-baiting'???? ' I have no idea what that warning even means. This worries me since I've got no clue what I'm saying which is 'jail-baiting in nature'.

Yes, I'd guess I'd better take the Moderator's advice and be careful now.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I don't know I was going to vote for Amlici and Pahoran.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

AI2.0 wrote: February 9th, 2018, 10:57 am
  • iWriteStuff
  • Durzan

Hmmm. That way I found out Durzan is a moderator was this warning in my box:
Sent: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 am
Recipient: AI2.0
Hey AI 2.0,

You certainly do seem to have a lot of zeal and heart towards the gospel, and I do appreciate your enthusiasm. While it does have its place, such zeal can go to far, causing more problems than they would solve.

Some of your more posts have come off as a little harsh to some, and to others they seem to be jail-baiting in nature. Thus, I would ask you to keep your rhetoric in check; we do not live in Book of Mormon times, and while what you say may be true (and sometimes things like that do need to be said), such words often only add heat to the fire, and bring additional contention into a thread.

Be careful from now on. Okay?
Interesting. I've been on the forum for going on four years and this is the only time I've received a warning since Jules warned me for speaking about Denver Snuffer. So, if 'some' of my posts come off as 'harsh' and 'others think they are 'jail-baiting' in nature, there must be several posters on the forum who have complained about my posts, yet I've not been apprised of this until now.

And, unfortunately, I had some times when Durzan and I did not see 'eye to eye'...

Also concerning is that I'm really unsure of what was meant by 'jail-baiting'???? ' I have no idea what that warning even means. This worries me since I've got no clue what I'm saying which is 'jail-baiting in nature'.

Yes, I'd guess I'd better take the Moderator's advice and be careful now.
It looks like a general warning as it does not cite a specific post. Thus it seems like something that is based on harbored feelings over time. In my opinion, I would suggest releasing Durzan immediately with a vote of thanks for his limited service. Those in agreement please manifest...those opposed...

Edited. After doing a review of Durzan's post over the past few months, this is not someone who can be objective and indeed has already let the authority go to his head. Over the past four days, It is a case where he has an idea of how HE wants the forum to be moderated and not at all exemplary of how Brian has moderated over the years. Far too much preemptive commentary and butting in with warnings of potential when no offense has even manifest. If someone is going to be a moderator, I think it is important that they get the site owners mindset and try to become an extension of his mentality and expectations. For the most part Brian has been an objective observer allowing conversation free flow without tapping his ruler on the desk to remind you of his presence. His warnings are given without a sense of threatening big brother mentality. Durzan is everywhere and he wants you to know it
Durzan wrote: February 9th, 2018, 9:48 am Easy Mirkwood. From personal experience, I can say that this kind of thread can blow up in your face if you aren't careful. I'll be keeping my eye on it.
Yeah right...
Durzan wrote: February 8th, 2018, 8:43 pm Hey, guys, keep it cool and respectful here. A couple of posts came very close to stepping into disrespectful territory.

Politics is a hot button issue, please don't let your tempers get the better of you guys, or I may be required to take further action. Remember, we are all Mormons here; lets act like it, shall we?
I feel like my mother is watching me....
Durzan wrote: February 6th, 2018, 10:18 pm Calm down everyone we are all friends here. No need to let pride, arrogance, and contention sour the conversation. If it gets to that point I'll call brian in here to shut things down. mmmk?
shadow wrote: February 6th, 2018, 2:27 pm It didn't necessarily go to the poor yearly, it went to them ONCE every 3 years. I suspect tithe payers were on different schedules, I hope. There were a few different tithes in those OT times which some have successfully argued were tithes totaling 23%. The 10% general tithe, the 10% worship tithe and the once every 3 year welfare tithe. Today we have one 10% tithe and a generous fast offering.
I think you missed my point. What you said made it sound like once every three years, they gave 1/3 of all tithing collected during those three years to the poor... which would equate to 33% of all the tithing collected by the church on a yearly basis. I did not say that they had a tithing rate of 33%.
Hey...quit it...I'm going to get my big brother and he can beat you up...People who call on other peoples authority to create a sense of having authority themselves are not good choices for monitoring others. Oh furthermore, this mod can call everyone arrogant, and prideful.

It is most interesting that he has dared make such observation of AI2.0 simply on the basis of the fact that the nature of her strong commentary is only construed as such because it is based on research, factual observations, and she makes a reasoned well informed response where the strength of her argument is always going to be resisted by people who think their opinions or personal doctrines should not be contested.

I suggest don't become a net nanny ...
Last edited by brlenox on February 9th, 2018, 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Give Silver a chance.