Senate Votes to End Same-Sex Marriage

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Senate Votes to End Same-Sex Marriage

Post by Thinker »

... in Bermuda. I know it's not the US, as many would wish, but this gives me hope!
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/13 ... itory.html

It's obvious that homosexual lobbyists bullied their way into the US legal system, ignoring the democratic process, so I imagine it might have been similarly in other countries. And maybe now that people realized what was going on and how horrible it is to redefine such a basic societal foundation as the family, they are beginning to make corrections.

Why legally redefining marriage, to include homosexuality, is wrong:
1. Children need a mom and dad and should not ever be legally required to do without one.
2. Statistically, homosexuality (according to the US CDC) is associated with high rates of STDs, AIDs, mental illness and other medical complications.
Why would government support behavior known to be so harmful?
3. If people want to engage in fetish-type sexual activities that go against their anatomy that's fine, but they do NOT have the right to push their ways on others. Yet, they have done just that - not just in media but also trying to indoctrinate our children in public schools.
4. My and many others' free-speech has been limited because of homosexual fanatics. Many have been harassed and called names like, "bigot, homophobe and hater" simply because we do not agree with the homosexual agenda.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: Senate Votes to End Same-Sex Marriage

Post by Sirocco »

Well if Mike "Electric Fence" Pence gets to be President, it very well may come to pass. Which since, I am a straight white male, apparently I have bigotry simply by existing to those people, so say those people.
Even when I didn't, but they poisoned that well and now I could care less if they are allowed to get married or not, and won't vote for their causes or such if it comes up.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Sirocco wrote: February 8th, 2018, 11:02 am Well if Mike "Electric Fence" Pence gets to be President, it very well may come to pass. Which since, I am a straight white male, apparently I have bigotry simply by existing to those people, so say those people.
Even when I didn't, but they poisoned that well and now I could care less if they are allowed to get married or not, and won't vote for their causes or such if it comes up.
I know what you mean, Sirocco.
If you think about the word, "bigot" - you realize how hypocritical they're being.
bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions
In them being intolerant toward your opinions, they are engaging in bigotry.
Even worse, in being intolerant toward you, simply for existing as you are, they are displaying prejudice.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Thinker wrote: February 8th, 2018, 11:06 am
Sirocco wrote: February 8th, 2018, 11:02 am Well if Mike "Electric Fence" Pence gets to be President, it very well may come to pass. Which since, I am a straight white male, apparently I have bigotry simply by existing to those people, so say those people.
I know what you mean, Sirocco.
If you think about the word, "bigot" - you realize how hypocritical they're being.
bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions
In them being intolerant toward your opinions, they are engaging in bigotry.
Even worse, in being intolerant toward you, simply for existing as you are, they are displaying prejudice.
Oh yeah, they then try and change the meanings of the words like people can just do that now.
When I was younger it was far more of a you leave me alone now I leave you alone, now I don't get left alone and I have to praise them for existing and get ridiculed for existing.
And I assume giving them money is somewhere in there.

A lot of them will say not wanting to date a transgender is transphobic.
Beyond the fact I think it's stupid to go into a relationship where one person isn't attracted to you or happy with the situation but they don't really think that far ahead.