Got the flu?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Flu poll

Got the flu shot. Got the flu.
6%
Got the flu shot. Didn't get the flu.
11%
Didn't get the flu shot. Got the flu.
9%
Didn't get the flu shot. Didn't get the flu.
74%

Total votes: 65
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Got the flu?

Post by Rose Garden »

A friend posted this poll on Facebook and I thought the results (so far) were interesting. I thought I'd get a few more votes and see if the results were the same.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Re: Got the flu?

Post by Jamescm »

This year I got the shot because it is mandated for my employment because the Department of Defense are suckers, and I did not get the flu.

Last year, however, I got the flu several weeks after getting the flu shot. The base clinic is where I was diagnosed with it, too, which made it funnier.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

More people die from the flu shot every year then the flu.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I never have a flu shot.
I currently have the flu.

However, the two are not connected.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

No shot. No flu. I will never get a flu shot.

Btw, I'm suddenly thinking about our old friend, Bob Henstra.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

No shot, no flu. Have never had a flu shot. Have had the flu very very rarely.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Silver Pie wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 6:47 pm No shot, no flu. Have never had a flu shot. Have had the flu very very rarely.
Well, there are some that claim silver has antiviral properties so I could see why you rarely get the flu.

As a matter of fact, my post is exactly the same as yours. Never had a flu shot. Never intend to get one.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Silver wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 6:53 pm
Silver Pie wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 6:47 pm No shot, no flu. Have never had a flu shot. Have had the flu very very rarely.
Well, there are some that claim silver has antiviral properties so I could see why you rarely get the flu.

As a matter of fact, my post is exactly the same as yours. Never had a flu shot. Never intend to get one.
Image That has got to be it. (I wish I still had a silver dollar. I used to have several and was determined to keep at least one because of those purported properties.)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Silver Pie wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 7:02 pm

That has got to be it. (I wish I still had a silver dollar. I used to have several and was determined to keep at least one because of those purported properties.)
Remind me sometime to introduce you to the concept of coin shops. Wait, I'll just do it now. Coin shops are these really cool retail establishments and almost every one of them carries this fantastic little item called a silver dollar. People, ordinary ones, drive their cars to the parking lot in front of the coin shop. They turn off the engine and go inside with little to no fear or trepidation. They ask, somewhat meekly, if the shop owner could show them a silver dollar or two, preferably something not too expensive. The shop owner obliges. The emboldened shopper takes out a $20 bill and goes home with one of those mysterious silver dollars. This transaction occurs hundreds of times daily all over the country. The End.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 7:26 pm
Silver Pie wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 7:02 pm

That has got to be it. (I wish I still had a silver dollar. I used to have several and was determined to keep at least one because of those purported properties.)
Remind me sometime to introduce you to the concept of coin shops. Wait, I'll just do it now. Coin shops are these really cool retail establishments and almost every one of them carries this fantastic little item called a silver dollar. People, ordinary ones, drive their cars to the parking lot in front of the coin shop. They turn off the engine and go inside with little to no fear or trepidation. They ask, somewhat meekly, if the shop owner could show them a silver dollar or two, preferably something not too expensive. The shop owner obliges. The emboldened shopper takes out a $20 bill and goes home with one of those mysterious silver dollars. This transaction occurs hundreds of times daily all over the country. The End.
Okay, Silver PIe, now educate him on how to make silver pies . . .

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Here are the numbers from the 2 polls on facebook:
Option 1: 1, 2
Option 2: 2, 5
Option 3: 1, 1
Option 4: 8, 3

Totals:
Option 1: 4
Option 2: 12
Option 3: 4
Option 4: 35

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Silver wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 7:26 pm Remind me sometime to introduce you to the concept of coin shops. Wait, I'll just do it now. Coin shops are these really cool retail establishments and almost every one of them carries this fantastic little item called a silver dollar. People, ordinary ones, drive their cars to the parking lot in front of the coin shop. They turn off the engine and go inside with little to no fear or trepidation. They ask, somewhat meekly, if the shop owner could show them a silver dollar or two, preferably something not too expensive. The shop owner obliges. The emboldened shopper takes out a $20 bill and goes home with one of those mysterious silver dollars. This transaction occurs hundreds of times daily all over the country. The End.
ROFL.gif
ROFL.gif (10.7 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
Now why didn't I think of that. It is such a no-brainer. (Maybe I'll do that. I think there's a coin shop not too far of a drive from here.)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Meili wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 8:13 pm Okay, Silver PIe, now educate him on how to make silver pies . . .
When I made up the name Silver Pie, I was thinking of a wedge of pure silver, cut from a pie-shaped larger piece. I don't know if such a thing exists, but if one had a pie mold that could handle melted silver it could conceivably be made to exist. Odds are that it would cost a whole lot more than twenty bucks, though. ;)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Meili wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 8:22 pm Here are the numbers from the 2 polls on facebook:

Totals:
Comparison with this poll at this time:
Option 1: 1
Option 2: 5
Option 3: 2
Option 4: 25

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver Pie wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 8:51 pm
Meili wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 8:22 pm Here are the numbers from the 2 polls on facebook:

Totals:
Comparison with this poll at this time:
Option 1: 1
Option 2: 5
Option 3: 2
Option 4: 25
Oh, yeah. Thanks for posting that.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Well, you can skip the poll for at least two reasons...:

https://www.infowars.com/massive-flu-ou ... qus_thread

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

JohnnyL wrote: January 25th, 2018, 10:14 pm Well, you can skip the poll for at least two reasons...:

How do I know that article is telling the truth?

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

How do you know whether anyone posting here is telling the truth? ;)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Crackers wrote: January 26th, 2018, 8:13 am How do you know whether anyone posting here is telling the truth? ;)
I know that only you and I are, and I'm not too sure about you. Ha!

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Lol, that's a good place to start!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Meili wrote: January 26th, 2018, 7:27 am
JohnnyL wrote: January 25th, 2018, 10:14 pm Well, you can skip the poll for at least two reasons...:

You could check the links, search for the news, etc.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Crackers wrote: January 26th, 2018, 8:13 am How do you know whether anyone posting here is telling the truth? ;)
Good point.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

JohnnyL wrote: January 26th, 2018, 1:02 pm

The problem is, it says that the news outlets have been lying. So how can I tell which ones are telling the truth? It's he said/she said of news outlets.

I measure what I read in the news against my personal experience and the people I associate with. I don't throw out the news but I don't believe it right off the bat either. I would say, assuming that the people on this forum are mostly honest, that you have a better chance of getting the flu by getting the flu shot than you do if you don't get it. That was basically the point of the poll. I don't recall your article addressing that specific question, though.

The question your article addresses seems to be the question of whether the CDC is putting out accurate information. I'm not really concerned with whether they are or aren't, though it is interesting. Since I don't rely on them when I make decisions about health care, the topic is a mute point.

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

I've never had the flu shot and never plan on getting it. I will never give one to my kids either. Sure we've had the flu before but we have home remedies that work.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Meili wrote: January 26th, 2018, 1:36 pm
JohnnyL wrote: January 26th, 2018, 1:02 pm

The problem is, it says that the news outlets have been lying. So how can I tell which ones are telling the truth? It's he said/she said of news outlets.

I measure what I read in the news against my personal experience and the people I associate with. I don't throw out the news but I don't believe it right off the bat either. I would say, assuming that the people on this forum are mostly honest, that you have a better chance of getting the flu by getting the flu shot than you do if you don't get it. That was basically the point of the poll. I don't recall your article addressing that specific question, though.

The question your article addresses seems to be the question of whether the CDC is putting out accurate information. I'm not really concerned with whether they are or aren't, though it is interesting. Since I don't rely on them when I make decisions about health care, the topic is a mute point.
The article shows how the flu shot is ineffective, and has been since its beginning. That was the first of three points.

The CDC puts out mostly good information, especially for a govt. agency. On the other hand, they have been caught, red-handed, in intentionally lying. As with many govt. agencies and companies, it is a few people in a few positions, not everyone, who is corrupt.