Senator Jeff Flake

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Senator Jeff Flake

Post by David13 »

Ezra wrote: January 21st, 2018, 6:26 pm
David13 wrote: January 21st, 2018, 1:10 pm
Ezra wrote: January 21st, 2018, 10:37 am
David13 wrote: January 21st, 2018, 8:01 am

Looking at Hatch, I don't know. Romney, no. Flake, definitely no, and Reid, well, there is a wolf in Mormon's clothing.
dc
You have to keep in mind that most suit clothing is made of wool. So most people in suits are literally wearing sheeps clothing. The difference being some are wolfs some are not.
Wolves. It's wolves.
And I have to say all suits are not wool. You have to buy quality or pay extra to get 100% wool. That's what I always do, as I always preferred wool suits. But if you go shopping today, you will find, much of what they have at the reasonable price of the spectrum is part synthetic fabric. But to me it just doesn't look as good. It seems to me to have a fake look to it.

Reminds me. Many years ago I was in the court house elevator, going up or down and a young attorney came in. His father and grandfather had been attorneys, his father became a judge. He was one of those young guys who thought he knew everything. He touched my lapel and rubbed it between his fingers and said, "this is kind of hot weather for a wool suit". I just chuckled. His father used to refer to him as "boy lawyer" as I suppose he was always telling the father "dad, you're not doing it right."
dc
So those who can afford the high end suits are the ones who are possibly the wolf in sheeps clothing. Thanks for confirming that fact.

No. Don't confuse coincidence with causation.
Just because someone has money, or spends what little money they have on quality, does not mean they possibly are a wolf in Mormons clothes. That's what I was trying to point out from the get go.

That whole wolf in sheep's clothes, Mormons clothes is not to be taken literally.

Don't take things literally, when they are meant to be sayings, similes, adages, idioms, etc.

Did you know that is from the Bible?

Ergo, I confirm nothing.

dc

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: Senator Jeff Flake

Post by Ezra »

It’s been confirmed by the scriptures. That the last will be first and first will be last.

30 But wo unto the rich, who are rich as to the things of the world. For because they are rich they despise the poor, and they persecute the meek, and their hearts are upon their treasures; wherefore, their treasure is their god. And behold, their treasure shall perish with them also.

Those wealthy wool suit wearing people who have their hearts in the wrong place are the wolfs (I’m going to keep spelling it that way) in sheeps clothing.