Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: What do you know about Heavenly Father?

Post by skmo »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 18th, 2018, 12:35 pm What are the things you know about God the Father since He isn't talked about much in detail.
All I could really say is that I would echo the words of Joseph Smith:
And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
That is one of the only things in life I Know. I would hope you do not take my word (about much of anything, actually) or Joseph Smith's, or anyone else's. Seek that answer out yourself, and when you either want it bad enough or need it bad enough, you'll know it, too.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

He weeps... more often than you would think. He, like our Savior, is filled with sorrow, and acquainted with grief. But He also knows the fullness of Joy.

Heavenly Father has seen things that are more terrible than you could imagine, even if you currently had same brain power as Him; But, He has also seen things that are more wonderful than that. He has seen countless Family members rise and fall, in both joy and agony. He has seen countless wars both inside and outside His creations. He has seen Wickedness and Righteousness, before we could even conceive the term. He has witnessed both great Evil and great Good, far beyond what we face here on Earth, and has witnessed and participated in the wars and conflicts between them.

To know Heavenly Father is to know what Endless truly means. To know is to know the kind of things He went through, and how they shaped him into the Just and Merciful Being is now. To him is to know the Savior; to know Him is to know what we are striving to be like.
Last edited by Durzan on January 19th, 2018, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
3 Nephi 15:24 But behold, ye have both heard my voice, and seen me; and ye are my sheep, and ye are numbered among those whom the Father hath given me.
Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
;)

icarus
captain of 10

Post by icarus »

I know His love.

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

He knows who I am. He loves me, is concerned about me and my worries. He listens to my prayers, and answers them, and guides and directs me. I need to be better at heeding the promptings of his Holy Spirit.
If I have a testamony of anything, it is that I Know He Lives. And yet here I am, just a regular man, husband and father, struggling in my own life in my own ways.
And yet, He Knows who I am.