Tillerson Unveils 'New' US Syria Plan: 'Assad Must Go!'

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Tillerson Unveils 'New' US Syria Plan: 'Assad Must Go!'

Post by ajax »

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/fe ... d-must-go/
Confirming that the US military presence inside Syria had little to do with fighting ISIS, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson unveiled in detail today the real US strategy for Syria: overthrow of the Assad government.

In a speech at Stanford University's Hoover Institution and introduced by President George W. Bush's Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice, Secretary Tillerson vowed that the United States military would continue to occupy Syrian territory until three conditions are met:
Read the rest here:
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/fe ... d-must-go/

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Tillerson Unveils 'New' US Syria Plan: 'Assad Must Go!'

Post by Silver »

Because things worked out so well in Korea and Vietnam and Afghanistan and Iraq and Libya.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

War is an American tradition and a key ingredient in the USA's reciepe for posperity

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Joel wrote: January 18th, 2018, 9:02 am War is an American tradition and a key ingredient in the USA's reciepe for posperity

Wrong.

13 And the blood of that great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall turn upon their own heads; for they shall war among themselves, and the sword of their own hands shall fall upon their own heads, and they shall be drunken with their own blood.

Being apart of the continuous wars makes us part of that great and abominable Church.

D&c 98 explains that without a commandment from god to go to war we are unjustified in war and we are....

15 For if ye will not abide in my covenant ye are not worthy of me.
16 Therefore, renounce war and proclaim peace, and seek diligently to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers, and the hearts of the fathers to the children;

Not worthy of god.

That is not a recipe for success.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ezra wrote: January 18th, 2018, 9:32 am
Joel wrote: January 18th, 2018, 9:02 am War is an American tradition and a key ingredient in the USA's reciepe for posperity

Wrong.

13 And the blood of that great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall turn upon their own heads; for they shall war among themselves, and the sword of their own hands shall fall upon their own heads, and they shall be drunken with their own blood.

Being apart of the continuous wars makes us part of that great and abominable Church.

D&c 98 explains that without a commandment from god to go to war we are unjustified in war and we are....

15 For if ye will not abide in my covenant ye are not worthy of me.
16 Therefore, renounce war and proclaim peace, and seek diligently to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers, and the hearts of the fathers to the children;

Not worthy of god.

That is not a recipe for success.
I think Joel was using sarcasm in his post similar to the way I employed it in mine.