Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: How do you know that your ordinance has been sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise?

Post by Juliet »

I think you have to know the Holy Spirit and Jesus' voice so you can receive that blessing. And I don't think you have to have the physical ordinance before receiving the promise. For example, you may be told by the Holy Spirit that you have the blessings of eternal marriage even if you don't marry in this life.

The Holy Spirit whispered to me at age 15 that He knew I would always do what is right. That was an incredible blessing to know of the Lord's confidence in me at that young age and has blessed me throughout my life.

abijah
pleb in zion

Re: How do you know that your ordinance has been sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise?

Post by abijah »

Juliet wrote: January 17th, 2018, 1:29 pm I think you have to know the Holy Spirit and Jesus' voice so you can receive that blessing. And I don't think you have to have the physical ordinance before receiving the promise. For example, you may be told by the Holy Spirit that you have the blessings of eternal marriage even if you don't marry in this life.

The Holy Spirit whispered to me at age 15 that He knew I would always do what is right. That was an incredible blessing to know of the Lord's confidence in me at that young age and has blessed me throughout my life.
I agree with this, this particular sealing doesn't always occur immediately at the time of an ordinance. I have loved ones who have testified that such feelings came years later. As for myself personally, I can relate to this in that I felt similar pronouncements years before I experienced the relevant ordinances. I think, just as with all things, the Lord chooses His timing for His own, wise reasons. Each individual case differs, perhaps some, such as Juliet would be most blessed with an early visitation, whereas for others may ultimately profit more from a delayed manifestation.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Every Ordinance has its like "Spiritual" Counterpart.

Baptism by Immersion with water and "Baptism" by "immersion" with the Spirit - The Holy Spirit of Promise in fulfillment of "Spiritual Re-birth."
3 Nephi 9:20 And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost, even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not.
The Sacramental "re-birth" may occur as a "well spring" within as the bread, being representative of the flesh and a veritable "staff of life," is "immersed" with the water, being representative of the blood and a veritable "fountain of life." In essence, a "miniature" baptism takes effect inside of a person - enabling through "remembrance" of thought and "sensation" of feeling - a renewed "re-birthing" within through whose seeds become a germination of the "Divine Nature" and "Spiritual Adoption."

The New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage:

Being that this covenant and "ordinance" involves "twain" that are to become "one," the "Spiritual" Sealing involves that which is "jointly" and "simultaneously" experienced. There are two instances where such "intimacy" may instigate the Sealing by the Holy Spirit of Promise: 1.) The "After-Glow" and 2.) Spousal Embrace in the Celestial Room of the Temple.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

The physical Ordinances are still very important because when you physically partake and receive an ordinance, you are signing up for God's help kind of like a spiritual contract so He can get you to where you can receive the ordinance with the Holy Spirit of promise.

It is a big step to receive the physical ordinance that takes great faith and that usually precedes receiving the spiritual power.