Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Now we have another Prophet who is sealed to multiple women that makes 12 out of 17 prophets

Post by brianj »

That’s a very interesting observation.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Now we have another Prophet who is sealed to multiple women that makes 12 out of 17 prophets

Post by David13 »

Very interesting.
dc

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 1:33 pm It might be hard for a lot of people to accept but just look at the numbers. 12 out of 17 prophets and possibly 13 out of 18.
Both ratios are based on a prime number. :P

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

The only problem is that those who have taken multiple wives through sealings are in opposition to the scriptures and the condemnation of it - there are far many more scriptural passages that condemn the practice as an abomination than there are those that attempt to justify it. Heck, Christ himself taught that any man who takes another wife save for the reason of adultery, fornication or any sin that breaks the marriage covenant is committing adultery himself.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Col: I hate to be the one to break the news to you but Jesus most likely practiced polygamy (Mary, Martha and Mary Magdalene).

If there are more versus that condem polygamy than approve of it, that means nothing. For example there are MANY more versus against killing yet Nephi and Abraham were both commanded to do it and accounted unto them as richeousness.
Last edited by DesertWonderer2 on January 19th, 2018, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:41 pm Col: I hate to be the one to break the news to you but Jesus most likely practiced polygamy (Mary, Martha and Mary Magdalene).
Would you believe me if I told you Jesus did not practice polygamy?

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

marc wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:45 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:41 pm Col: I hate to be the one to break the news to you but Jesus most likely practiced polygamy (Mary, Martha and Mary Magdalene).
Now it's getting interesting

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Col. Flagg wrote: January 16th, 2018, 1:58 pm The only problem is that those who have taken multiple wives through sealings are in opposition to the scriptures and the condemnation of it - there are far many more scriptural passages that condemn the practice as an abomination than there are those that attempt to justify it. Heck, Christ himself taught that any man who takes another wife save for the reason of adultery, fornication or any sin that breaks the marriage covenant is committing adultery himself.
Are you condemning Pres. Nelson for remarrying after his first wife died? Are you being serious here?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

The scriptures don't actually oppose or condemn it. They only condemn it when its sought out and with lust. When it's common consent and gifted by the Lord or the wife then it's different. Go read D&C 132. The wording in 132 describes the Lord saying how Sarah gave Hagar unto Abraham (without him seeking it out). There's a difference. Some people are reading in Jacob where he condemns it. It depends on how it's conducted. D&C 132 by common consent is different. Plus the D&C form the women are mostly in charge of it.

The bad practice is when people are being left out or left on the side for someone to have pleasure.

But when it's a form of adoption for someone with no family at all, that needs a home and brought in as adopted children or an adopted wife then it's not evil.

Please think about this in terms of adoption and adoption similarities. When you have orphans or someone alone with no companion, there's intense loneliness on both ends of the couple with no kids, or the kids with no parents. This can be very similar to someone who is widowed. It is not good for man to be alone; you have heard this phrase a lot. I think that applies to both women and men. We don't do well when we're alone. We need encouragement a companion, and support.

In one situation, neglect is started. In the right circumstances and by common consent it is saving and helping, lifting someone from sorrow to joy.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

If you could make a good case for your position.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 12:12 pm Here is is a list of all the prophets we've had and whether they've been sealed to 1 or multiple women in the temple and if that is interesting or not:

1.Joseph Smith- Multiple women
2. Brigham Young- Multiple women
3. John Taylor- Multiple women
4. Wilford Woodruff- Multiple women
5. Lorenzo Snow- Multiple women
6. Joseph F. Smith- Multiple women
7. Heber J Grant- Multiple women
8. George Albert Smith- 1 woman
9. David O McKay- 1 woman
10. Joseph Fielding Smith- Multiple women
11. Harold B Lee- Multiple women
12. Spencer W Kimball- 1 woman
13. Ezra Taft Benson - Multiple women (in 1950 had wife stand as proxy and was sealed to a cousin as a wife)
14. Howard W Hunter- Multiple women
15. Gordon B Hinckley- 1 woman
16. Thomas S Monson- 1 woman
17. Russell M Nelson- Multiple women

That's 12 prophets out of 17 that are sealed to more than one woman and next in line is Dallin H Oaks who would make 13 out of 18 prophets sealed to multiple women. Something tells me if this many prophets have this occurrence then it's going to be common in the Celestial Kingdom and we have to accept it. Because I'm sure the prophets accept it.

I don't understand, because when our family got sealed in the temple back in October, they specifically asked us if we had been sealed before. When I asked why, they said so they could unseal the previous sealing. So did these men have to unseal, then seal to just one?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 3:42 pm
Would you believe me if I said it was revealed to me by a true messenger from Father? But given the incredulous nature of people in general, I will only offer three scriptures and leave it at that.

Matthew 26:6 ¶ Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,

7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?

9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.

10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.

11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

12 For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.

13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

and
Mark 14:3 ¶ And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

4 And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?

5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.

7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.

9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
and
John 11:1 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.

2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)

John 12:1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.

2 There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.

3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, which should betray him,

5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:25 pm
tdj wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:05 pm
CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 12:12 pm Here is is a list of all the prophets we've had and whether they've been sealed to 1 or multiple women in the temple and if that is interesting or not:

1.Joseph Smith- Multiple women
2. Brigham Young- Multiple women
3. John Taylor- Multiple women
4. Wilford Woodruff- Multiple women
5. Lorenzo Snow- Multiple women
6. Joseph F. Smith- Multiple women
7. Heber J Grant- Multiple women
8. George Albert Smith- 1 woman
9. David O McKay- 1 woman
10. Joseph Fielding Smith- Multiple women
11. Harold B Lee- Multiple women
12. Spencer W Kimball- 1 woman
13. Ezra Taft Benson - Multiple women (in 1950 had wife stand as proxy and was sealed to a cousin as a wife)
14. Howard W Hunter- Multiple women
15. Gordon B Hinckley- 1 woman
16. Thomas S Monson- 1 woman
17. Russell M Nelson- Multiple women

That's 12 prophets out of 17 that are sealed to more than one woman and next in line is Dallin H Oaks who would make 13 out of 18 prophets sealed to multiple women. Something tells me if this many prophets have this occurrence then it's going to be common in the Celestial Kingdom and we have to accept it. Because I'm sure the prophets accept it.

I don't understand, because when our family got sealed in the temple back in October, they specifically asked us if we had been sealed before. When I asked why, they said so they could unseal the previous sealing. So did these men have to unseal, then seal to just one?
No, men are allowed to be sealed to multiple women. Women have to wait until after they and all the men they were married to die before they can be sealed by proxy in the temple and then tradition goes she will have to choose 1 of those to be her eternal companion. As a man, honestly it's true God ordained plural marriage is about a man having multiple female spouses, but not the other way around. Not sure why though.
So if a woman has been married before, then she has to wait until not only her current husband is dead, but she has to die also before she can choose? What if she is divorced, but seals to her current husband?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Is 2 really multiple?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:57 pm But I will say we don't know the future of plural sealings in the next life and if they are valid because the only true way a marriage and sealing is forever is if it is sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise, and maybe those old pioneers sealed to up to 40 women and men who remarry after a death will only have the Holy Spirit of Promise sustain 1 sealing. We just don't know so we seal everyone and let Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ sort it out in the afterlife pretty much.
This is right. And it's entirely possible that some people's hearts failed them or they let go of the iron rod. It really happens to people. So maybe a lot of the people involved will self eliminate by giving up and maybe some will only have some other choice left.

But you have to believe that people will get what they deserve and that Heavenly Father will take care of you if you live right. If you don't do that you won't understand this principle. And enmity prevents people from understanding spiritual principles like this. If you have any enmity you won't get it, because living this way you really have to be living to want to help other people be happy and not just yourself. That's what normal marriages do too. And we're trying to grade and say whether or not this marriage thing is right or wrong when we don't even have our own figured out. :P Chuckle...
Last edited by gardener4life on January 16th, 2018, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

:lol:

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 3:20 pm
Col. Flagg wrote: January 16th, 2018, 1:58 pm The only problem is that those who have taken multiple wives through sealings are in opposition to the scriptures and the condemnation of it - there are far many more scriptural passages that condemn the practice as an abomination than there are those that attempt to justify it. Heck, Christ himself taught that any man who takes another wife save for the reason of adultery, fornication or any sin that breaks the marriage covenant is committing adultery himself.
Are you condemning Pres. Nelson for remarrying after his first wife died? Are you being serious here?
Nope, the scriptures are as well as Christ himself. Look it up Mark and then return and report your findings. Forget it, I'll save you the time...
Genesis 2:24:

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
Matthew 19:3-6:

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mark 10:11:

11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
Deuteronomy 17:17:

17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
Want more?
Last edited by Col. Flagg on January 16th, 2018, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

marc wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:12 pm
Would you believe me if I said it was revealed to me by a true messenger from Father? But given the incredulous nature of people in general, I will only offer three scriptures and leave it at that.

7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?

10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.

12 For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.

13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

and
Mark 14:3 ¶ And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

4 And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?

5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.

7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.

9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
and
John 11:1 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.

2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)

John 12:1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.

2 There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.

3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, which should betray him,

5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
Sorry not going to sugar-coat it:

No. I wouldn’t believe you if you said a true messenger from The Father had revealed it to you. People who have forsaken their covenents and attempted to perform sacred ordinances w/o authorization tend not to recognize true messengers.

Regarding the verses you quoted: I don’t know what the point is you are trying to make. Please explain.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

The real deal!
Danztel died Feb. 12, 2005, just shy of the Nelson’s 60th wedding anniversary. The Nelson posterity of 10 children and 57 grandchildren now includes 116 great-grandchildren.

Brother Russell Nelson Jr. said losing his mother was deeply sad, especially for his father. “The passing of our mother, we could tell, was a deep hit for him.”

“He was sad and he missed her, just like anybody would after so many years of life together,” said President Nelson’s granddaughter Katie Irion Owens.

In 2006, he married Wendy L. Watson. Russell Nelson Jr. said the family saw “an immediate change” in President Nelson’s countenance. “The sadness was gone and it did us all good to see that happiness back.”

Sister Wendy Nelson has been by his side now for 12 years and has been a “tremendous support for him,” he said.

“I am sure it is hard to walk into a family of 200-plus people and feel like you are close friends,” said Sister Webster. “Wendy has made the effort and she has been amazing.”

Sister Owens said “with Wendy, he has now found another amazing complement and match.” When Sister Nelson accompanies President Nelson on assignments “she speaks to people’s hearts” in a way that can’t come “any other way than through Wendy Watson Nelson. She is so dynamic, so positive, so bright and brilliant.”

Sister Owens said President Nelson has a strong relationship with each of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren — sending handwritten birthday, Christmas and anniversary cards. He loves to visit the hospital when new babies are born; two great-grandchildren — numbers 115 and 116 — joined the family just last week.

The Nelsons and their vast posterity still hold monthly family home evenings, noted Sister Webster.
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... hurch.html

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Col. Flagg wrote: January 16th, 2018, 5:20 pm
Nope, the scriptures are as well as Christ himself. Look it up Mark and then return and report your findings. Forget it, I'll save you the time...

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
Want more?
No thanks. You clearly don't understand what any of these scriptures even mean yourself so let's just leave it at that. Are you going to vote in opposition of sustaining Pres. Nelson as our new Prophet? You are too much brother..

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Might as well turn it up a few notches....

JD -11:269

We wish to obtain all that father Abraham obtained. I wish here to say to the Elders of Israel, and to all the members of this Church and kingdom, that it is in the hearts of many of them to wish that the doctrine of polygamy was not taught and practiced by us...It is the word of the Lord, and I wish to say to you, and all the world, that if you desire with all your hearts to obtain the blessings which Abraham obtained, you will be polygamists at least in your faith, or you will come short of enjoying the salvation and the glory which Abraham has obtained. This is as true as that God lives. You who wish that there were no such thing in existence, if you have in your hearts to say: "We will pass along in the Church without obeying or submitting to it in our faith or believing this order, because, for aught that we know, this community may be broken up yet, and we may have lucrative offices offered to us; we will not, therefore, be polygamists lest we should fail in obtaining some earthly honor, character and office, etc,"—the man that has that in his heart, and will continue to persist in pursuing that policy, will come short of dwelling in the presence of the Father and the Son, in celestial glory. The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy. Others attain unto a glory and may even be permitted to come into the presence of the Father and the Son; but they cannot reign as kings in glory, because they had blessings offered unto them, and they refused to accept them....

Brigham Young

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

simpleton wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:09 pm Might as well turn it up a few notches....

JD -11:269

We wish to obtain all that father Abraham obtained. I wish here to say to the Elders of Israel, and to all the members of this Church and kingdom, that it is in the hearts of many of them to wish that the doctrine of polygamy was not taught and practiced by us...It is the word of the Lord, and I wish to say to you, and all the world, that if you desire with all your hearts to obtain the blessings which Abraham obtained, you will be polygamists at least in your faith, or you will come short of enjoying the salvation and the glory which Abraham has obtained. This is as true as that God lives. You who wish that there were no such thing in existence, if you have in your hearts to say: "We will pass along in the Church without obeying or submitting to it in our faith or believing this order, because, for aught that we know, this community may be broken up yet, and we may have lucrative offices offered to us; we will not, therefore, be polygamists lest we should fail in obtaining some earthly honor, character and office, etc,"—the man that has that in his heart, and will continue to persist in pursuing that policy, will come short of dwelling in the presence of the Father and the Son, in celestial glory. The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy. Others attain unto a glory and may even be permitted to come into the presence of the Father and the Son; but they cannot reign as kings in glory, because they had blessings offered unto them, and they refused to accept them....

Brigham Young
The JD is interesting and historical, but not necessarily doctrinal.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Want more?
No thanks. You clearly don't understand what any of these scriptures even mean yourself so let's just leave it at that. Are you going to vote in opposition of sustaining Pres. Nelson as our new Prophet? You are too much brother..
I'm sorry you're so naive and blind Mark - what part of 'one flesh' do you not understand? You must consider me a real numbskull. :lol: You need to do some serious research into how the Lord programmed females with respect to their feelings, sensitivities and sacredness of their emotions my friend, especially when it comes to love. Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I do not plan to vote in opposition to President Nelson because I think he is a good man worthy of support and sustaining - maybe he doesn't think there is anything wrong with getting sealed to another woman after the death of his, after all, many men in the church have done it and continue to do so. I'm not going to condemn him for it - the Lord is our judge my friend.
Last edited by Col. Flagg on January 16th, 2018, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:59 pm
Col. Flagg wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:53 pm
Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Want more?
I'm sorry you're so naive and blind Mark. Yeah, I don't understand what is taught in those scriptures when it's as plain as day. :lol: You must consider me a real numbskull. :lol: You need to do some serious research into how the Lord programmed females with respect to their feelings, sensitivities and sacredness of their emotions my friend, especially when it comes to love. Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I do not plan to vote in opposition to President Nelson because I think he is a good man worthy of support and sustaining - maybe he doesn't think there is anything wrong with getting sealed to another woman after the death of his, after all, many men in the church have done it and continue to do so. I'm not going to condemn him for it - the Lord is our judge my friend.
You're really criticizing 12 of our 17 prophets?
No, that's between the 12 who have engaged in it and the Lord and our Savior. Tell me... what part of this scripture do you not understand???

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Or Christ himself teaching that except in cases of immorality, adultery or betrayal by a wife, if a man marries another woman, in his eyes, it is adultery. But someone is an apostate if they bring this up. :lol:

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 5:28 pm
marc wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:12 pm

and

and

Sorry not going to sugar-coat it:

No. I wouldn’t believe you if you said a true messenger from The Father had revealed it to you. People who have forsaken their covenents and attempted to perform sacred ordinances w/o authorization tend not to recognize true messengers.

Regarding the verses you quoted: I don’t know what the point is you are trying to make. Please explain.
I'm not exactly a scriptorian but your proposed polygamy is anti-biblical. Mary and Martha were sisters. I'll just inline this for you so you don't have to look it up:
Leviticus 18:18 “And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.”

So while it's unlikely Jesus being married would be left out of the bible, it is indeed possible that it was one of the plain and precious things removed and then was also chosen not to be revealed in the JST. But I think it can be concluded that Jesus did not marry both Mary and Martha, two sisters.

Figured I'd add this too, in case you believe in the Book of Mormon:
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/jacob/3.5 (better in context)
Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/jacob/2.24-26
24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

25 Wherefore, thus saith the Lord, I have led this people forth out of the land of Jerusalem, by the power of mine arm, that I might raise up unto me a righteous branch from the fruit of the loins of Joseph.

26 Wherefore, I the Lord God will not suffer that this people shall do like unto them of old.
Also this, which lends credence. It describes how he did wicked things and in that description is the many wives and concubines.
1 And now it came to pass that Zeniff conferred the kingdom upon Noah, one of his sons; therefore Noah began to reign in his stead; and he did not walk in the ways of his father.

2 For behold, he did not keep the commandments of God, but he did walk after the desires of his own heart. And he had many wives and concubines. And he did cause his people to commit sin, and do that which was abominable in the sight of the Lord. Yea, and they did commit whoredoms and all manner of wickedness.
Last edited by harakim on January 16th, 2018, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.