Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Now we have another Prophet who is sealed to multiple women that makes 12 out of 17 prophets

Post by marc »

harakim wrote: January 17th, 2018, 5:03 am
marc wrote: January 17th, 2018, 4:22 am
harakim wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:06 pmI'm not exactly a scriptorian but your proposed polygamy is anti-biblical. Mary and Martha were sisters.
You misinterpreted my post. Please see my reply to DesertWonderer2 above.
Why do you think I misinterpreted your post? That quote was in response to DesertWonderer2.
I received a notification that you quoted me, but I missed that you had quoted DW2 quoting me. My apologies.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Re: Now we have another Prophet who is sealed to multiple women that makes 12 out of 17 prophets

Post by LdsMarco »

Obviously, too many here have their own opinion, which leads to a stupor of thought :D

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Col. Flagg wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:53 pm
Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 7:12 pm
Col. Flagg wrote: January 16th, 2018, 5:20 pm
Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Are you condemning Pres. Nelson for remarrying after his first wife died? Are you being serious here?
Nope, the scriptures are as well as Christ himself. Look it up Mark and then return and report your findings. Forget it, I'll save you the time...
Genesis 2:24:

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
Matthew 19:3-6:

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mark 10:11:

11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
Deuteronomy 17:17:

17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
Want more?
No thanks. You clearly don't understand what any of these scriptures even mean yourself so let's just leave it at that. Are you going to vote in opposition of sustaining Pres. Nelson as our new Prophet? You are too much brother..
I'm sorry you're so naive and blind Mark - what part of 'one flesh' do you not understand? You must consider me a real numbskull. :lol: You need to do some serious research into how the Lord programmed females with respect to their feelings, sensitivities and sacredness of their emotions my friend, especially when it comes to love. Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I do not plan to vote in opposition to President Nelson because I think he is a good man worthy of support and sustaining - maybe he doesn't think there is anything wrong with getting sealed to another woman after the death of his, after all, many men in the church have done it and continue to do so. I'm not going to condemn him for it - the Lord is our judge my friend.

Numbskull is a strong word. I prefer misguided. ;) Col you need to understand what "put away his wife and marry another" actually means before you come on here and make misguided and rash statements against Pres Nelsons remarriage. You are actually the one who is misinterpreting and misapplying the Saviors words and meaning. Get educated before rushing to judgement here against the Lords Prophet. Then you won't embarrass yourself. :evil:

PS Here is a start for you..
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1993/01/i-ha ... 2?lang=eng
Last edited by Mark on January 17th, 2018, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

marc wrote: January 17th, 2018, 4:12 am
DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 5:28 pm Sorry not going to sugar-coat it:

No. I wouldn’t believe you if you said a true messenger from The Father had revealed it to you. People who have forsaken their covenents and attempted to perform sacred ordinances w/o authorization tend not to recognize true messengers.
Alternatively, people who have been true and faithful to their covenants, including and especially their covenant to live the law of obedience, will rend the veil of unbelief.
Regarding the verses you quoted: I don’t know what the point is you are trying to make. Please explain.
Mary was Jesus' singular wife. What she did and why only she did what she did for Jesus was a necessary ordinance.

This is all I will offer.
Regarding your first comment above: I agree but I’m not sure of it’s relevance to the discussion.

Regarding your 2nd point: you proved that that Mary was his wife but that in no way proves that she was his sigular wife. As you know much was either not recorded in or taken from the Bible. Likewise I can’t PROVE that He had more than one wife. In truth there are only suggestions / circumstancial ecidence that He was (i.e Mary Magdalene at his tomb the morning of His resurrection.

What I always find funny is the intellectual dishonesty of the rabid anti- polygamy crowd: only quoting scriptures against it when there are scriptures approving / commanding it. The fact is there are times when it is approved and times when it is not. Simple.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:59 pm
Nope, the scriptures are as well as Christ himself. Look it up Mark and then return and report your findings. Forget it, I'll save you the time...

Want more?
No thanks. You clearly don't understand what any of these scriptures even mean yourself so let's just leave it at that. Are you going to vote in opposition of sustaining Pres. Nelson as our new Prophet? You are too much brother..
I'm sorry you're so naive and blind Mark. Yeah, I don't understand what is taught in those scriptures when it's as plain as day. :lol: You must consider me a real numbskull. :lol: You need to do some serious research into how the Lord programmed females with respect to their feelings, sensitivities and sacredness of their emotions my friend, especially when it comes to love. Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I do not plan to vote in opposition to President Nelson because I think he is a good man worthy of support and sustaining - maybe he doesn't think there is anything wrong with getting sealed to another woman after the death of his, after all, many men in the church have done it and continue to do so. I'm not going to condemn him for it - the Lord is our judge my friend.
You're really criticizing 12 of our 17 prophets?
Yes he is and it’s quite sad.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I don't believe any of the Apostles have done anything wrong in this regard.

I suppose Col Flagg would tell me this means the church is untrue.

However, in spite of that I continue to believe this is the true church.
dc

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:55 pm
Robin Hood wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:52 pm Is 2 really multiple?
Yes since when isn't 2 more than 1?
Does "multiple" mean more than one?
I know multiple is more than one, but does it mean that.
For example, I wouldn't describe someone with £2million as a multi-millionaire, but I would if they had £5million.
It just seems strange describing someone who has 2 wives (one dead, one alive) as having multiple wives.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Robin Hood wrote: January 17th, 2018, 9:25 am
For example, I wouldn't describe someone with £2million as a multi-millionaire, but I would if they had £5million.
It just seems strange describing someone who has 2 wives (one dead, one alive) as having multiple wives.
consisting of, having, or involving several or many individuals
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/multiple

Sounds like more than 2 to me

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

LdsMarco wrote: January 17th, 2018, 9:31 am
Robin Hood wrote: January 17th, 2018, 9:25 am
consisting of, having, or involving several or many individuals
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/multiple

Sounds like more than 2 to me
"consisting of, including, or involving more than one"
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... h-dict-box

Sounds like more than 1 to me. :P

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Fiannan wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:19 pm
Or Christ himself teaching that except in cases of immorality, adultery or betrayal by a wife, if a man marries another woman, in his eyes, it is adultery. But someone is an apostate if they bring this up.
And yet the Mosaic Law recognizes polygamy and in some cases mandates it. Of course you can claim that Jesus did away with that but I would really like to see a reference in the Bible, not some party-hungry pope, that claims that polygamy is adultery.
Some of you guys need to start using your heart and conscience instead of exaggerated and bogus claims attempting to justify polygamy. It's morally reprehensible, wrong and tramples on the feelings and emotions of women. Hate to break it to you, but the Lord delights in the chastity and happiness of his daughters - polygamy destroys that.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mark wrote: January 17th, 2018, 8:37 am

Want more?
I'm sorry you're so naive and blind Mark - what part of 'one flesh' do you not understand? You must consider me a real numbskull. :lol: You need to do some serious research into how the Lord programmed females with respect to their feelings, sensitivities and sacredness of their emotions my friend, especially when it comes to love. Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I do not plan to vote in opposition to President Nelson because I think he is a good man worthy of support and sustaining - maybe he doesn't think there is anything wrong with getting sealed to another woman after the death of his, after all, many men in the church have done it and continue to do so. I'm not going to condemn him for it - the Lord is our judge my friend.

Numbskull is a strong word. I prefer misguided. ;) Col you need to understand what "put away his wife and marry another" actually means before you come on here and make misguided and rash statements against Pres Nelsons remarriage. You are actually the one who is misinterpreting and misapplying the Saviors words and meaning. Get educated before rushing to judgement here against the Lords Prophet. Then you won't embarrass yourself. :evil:

PS Here is a start for you..
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1993/01/i-ha ... 2?lang=eng
Mark, see my reply to Fiannan above - those who think polygamy is some sort of divine mandate or is OK in the eyes of the Lord are allowing themselves to be deceived and I have to seriously question their heart and sensitivity towards women. :(

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Col. Flagg wrote: January 17th, 2018, 11:20 am
Fiannan wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:19 pm
Or Christ himself teaching that except in cases of immorality, adultery or betrayal by a wife, if a man marries another woman, in his eyes, it is adultery. But someone is an apostate if they bring this up.
And yet the Mosaic Law recognizes polygamy and in some cases mandates it. Of course you can claim that Jesus did away with that but I would really like to see a reference in the Bible, not some party-hungry pope, that claims that polygamy is adultery.
Some of you guys need to start using your heart and conscience instead of exaggerated and bogus claims attempting to justify polygamy. It's morally reprehensible, wrong and tramples on the feelings and emotions of women. Hate to break it to you, but the Lord delights in the chastity and happiness of his daughters - polygamy destroys that.
Heart? Maybe in an era where many (most) LDS women will be spinsters one could say denying them the opportunity to be mothers in Zion is heartless.

Conscience? So a woman desiring to enter into a polygamist family has no conscience?

Bogus claims? Well, there is that Bible and all.

Morally reprehensible? If the Bible says it is moral then it is moral.

Feelings and emotions? Afraid to let women have the right to choose?

Ultimately your opinion is that polygamy goes against God. However, I see no evidence of that.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

‘Putting away his wife’ means setting aside a sacred bond between you and your spouse and allowing another woman to become a part of that sacred bond irrespective of the first wife’s feelings or emotions. Christ isn’t saying it’s OK to get sealed to multiple women if a first, second or third wife dies, he is trying to get the human race to see that once two people are joined at the hip in marriage, they are one flesh, a single entity in the eyes of the Lord, bonded together as one. The only time it is OK for a man to marry another after being sealed to a woman is if his spouse desecrates that bond through adultery, fornication or immorality on her part. A wife’s death doesn’t give a man a heavenly license or the right to take multiple wives through sealing. Any man who adds another woman or multiple women to that bond is destroying the ‘one flesh’ and showing no concern and little love for his first wife in the process, especially when she has no say and is expected to just accept another woman as part of that sacred bond on the other side. No way that is ‘of God’. And like I’ve said many times… if women were ever allowed to take multiple husbands, watch how fast polygamy gets labeled an ‘abomination’ by men everywhere. :lol:

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 17th, 2018, 9:15 am

I'm sorry you're so naive and blind Mark. Yeah, I don't understand what is taught in those scriptures when it's as plain as day. :lol: You must consider me a real numbskull. :lol: You need to do some serious research into how the Lord programmed females with respect to their feelings, sensitivities and sacredness of their emotions my friend, especially when it comes to love. Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I do not plan to vote in opposition to President Nelson because I think he is a good man worthy of support and sustaining - maybe he doesn't think there is anything wrong with getting sealed to another woman after the death of his, after all, many men in the church have done it and continue to do so. I'm not going to condemn him for it - the Lord is our judge my friend.
Didn't realize there were so many judges in Zion here on the board or that taking a stand for what's right and against what is wrong (especially in the eyes of the Savior), means you are an apostate or hating on the brethren. :lol: I'll ask it again because so many of you seem to just ignore it... what part of a man and woman becoming 'one flesh' do you not get???

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Though not out of character for him.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Col. Flagg wrote: January 17th, 2018, 11:52 am
Didn't realize there were so many judges in Zion here on the board or that taking a stand for what's right and against what is wrong (especially in the eyes of the Savior), means you are an apostate or hating on the brethren. :lol: I'll ask it again because so many of you seem to just ignore it... what part of a man and woman becoming 'one flesh' do you not get???
That phrase referers to the marriage covenent and the union of or state of being that should exist between people in said covenent. It has nothing to do with polygamy. Said another way, the pharse is about the quality of individuals not the quanitiy of them.

PLEASE quit reading anti-Mormon materials.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 17th, 2018, 12:40 pm

That phrase referers to the marriage covenent and the union of or state of being that should exist between people in said covenent. It has nothing to do with polygamy. Said another way, the pharse is about the quality of individuals not the quanitiy of them.

:lol: Are you calling the Bible and scriptures anti-Mormon lit?

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

cyclOps wrote: January 17th, 2018, 12:21 pm
Though not out of character for him.
I love how when you take a stand against what's wrong and defend what's right here on the board and if it opposes what some of our Prophets or church leaders have said or done, even if it is in opposition to scripture, you're labeled a brethren-hater and apostate. :lol:

And let us not forget... President Hinckley made the following statement on Larry King Live on September 8, 1998 with regard to the practice of polygamy: "I condemn it, yes, as a practice, because I think it is not doctrinal".

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Col. Flagg wrote: January 17th, 2018, 12:58 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 17th, 2018, 12:40 pm

:lol: Are you calling the Bible and scriptures anti-Mormon lit?
(sigh)
No, just your mis-interpretation of them.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Col. Flagg wrote: January 17th, 2018, 11:47 am ‘Putting away his wife’ means setting aside a sacred bond between you and your spouse and allowing another woman to become a part of that sacred bond irrespective of the first wife’s feelings or emotions. Christ isn’t saying it’s OK to get sealed to multiple women if a first, second or third wife dies, he is trying to get the human race to see that once two people are joined at the hip in marriage, they are one flesh, a single entity in the eyes of the Lord, bonded together as one. Tihe only time it is OK for a man to marry another after being sealed to a woman is if his spouse desecrates that bond through adultery, fornication or immorality on her part. A wife’s death doesn’t give a man a heavenly license or the right to take multiple wives through sealing. Any man who adds another woman or multiple women to that bond is destroying the ‘one flesh’ and showing no concern and little love for his first wife in the process, especially when she has no say and is expected to just accept another woman as part of that sacred bond on the other side. No way that is ‘of God’. And like I’ve said many times… if women were ever allowed to take multiple husbands, watch how fast polygamy gets labeled an ‘abomination’ by men everywhere. :lol:
Why do we need a living Prophet when we have Col. Flagg to give us the mind and will of the Lord in all things! I take back my earlier statement. NUMBSKULL! :lol:

Sirius
captain of 100

Post by Sirius »

marc wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:45 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:41 pm Col: I hate to be the one to break the news to you but Jesus most likely practiced polygamy (Mary, Martha and Mary Magdalene).
Would you believe me if I told you Jesus did not practice polygamy?
marc, In sec 132 Joseph is taught the Lord's law of Celestial Marriage and promises attached to the law.
30 Abraham received promises concerning his seed, and of the fruit of his loins—from whose loins ye are, namely, my servant Joseph—which were to continue so long as they were in the world; and as touching Abraham and his seed, out of the world they should continue; both in the world and out of the world should they continue as innumerable as the stars; or, if ye were to count the sand upon the seashore ye could not number them.

31 This promise is yours also, because ye are of Abraham, and the promise was made unto Abraham; and by this law is the continuation of the works of my Father, wherein he glorifieth himself. 32 Go ye, therefore, and do the works of Abraham; enter ye into my law and ye shall be saved. 33 But if ye enter not into my law ye cannot receive the promise of my Father, which he made unto Abraham.
What was the law?
34 God commanded Abraham, and Sarah gave Hagar to Abraham to wife. And why did she do it? Because this was the law; and from Hagar sprang many people. This, therefore, was fulfilling, among other things, the promises.

35 Was Abraham, therefore, under condemnation? Verily I say unto you, Nay; for I, the Lord, commanded it.
It would make sense that Jesus Christ would have entered into this same law (his law) and received the same promises, as he would not command anyone to obey a law that he himself is not obedient to.

It should also be pointed out that Christ taught he did nothing but what he had seen his Father do. We can know of at least two wives our Father in Heaven would need to be sealed to. Our Heavenly Mother and the Mother of Jesus Christ in the flesh, Mary.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

If you don't have multiple concurrent spouses, as is the case for the modern 20th and 21st century ones, it is not polygamy.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Mark wrote: January 17th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Col. Flagg wrote: January 17th, 2018, 11:47 am ‘Putting away his wife’ means setting aside a sacred bond between you and your spouse and allowing another woman to become a part of that sacred bond irrespective of the first wife’s feelings or emotions. Christ isn’t saying it’s OK to get sealed to multiple women if a first, second or third wife dies, he is trying to get the human race to see that once two people are joined at the hip in marriage, they are one flesh, a single entity in the eyes of the Lord, bonded together as one. Tihe only time it is OK for a man to marry another after being sealed to a woman is if his spouse desecrates that bond through adultery, fornication or immorality on her part. A wife’s death doesn’t give a man a heavenly license or the right to take multiple wives through sealing. Any man who adds another woman or multiple women to that bond is destroying the ‘one flesh’ and showing no concern and little love for his first wife in the process, especially when she has no say and is expected to just accept another woman as part of that sacred bond on the other side. No way that is ‘of God’. And like I’ve said many times… if women were ever allowed to take multiple husbands, watch how fast polygamy gets labeled an ‘abomination’ by men everywhere. :lol:
Why do we need a living Prophet when we have Col. Flagg to give us the mind and will of the Lord in all things!
Exactly!! :evil: :) ;)
Last edited by Col. Flagg on January 17th, 2018, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Benjamin_LK wrote: January 17th, 2018, 3:15 pm If you don't have multiple concurrent spouses, as is the case for the modern 20th and 21st century ones, it is not polygamy.
If you have a wife you are sealed to on the other side of the veil and one you are currently sealed to on earth, that is polygamy.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Here's some more 'anti-Mormon lit' if anyone is interested... :? :lol:

http://www.texsource.com/bible/jesusser ... lygamy.pdf