Enmity is the real enemy

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Enmity is the real enemy

Post by gardener4life »

I feel impressed to post this. A lot of the posts recently I'd read something, and then read the reply. It was like a commenter didn't even understand what the person they were replying to was saying. Then next my thought was that it was because of enmity. In a very real and true way enmity would and sometimes causes people to not understand what someone said, even though the wording of the original person does make sense.

Enmity is very real. And it's stirring up on this forum a lot of people against each other to accomplish nothing. Sometimes someone will have a nice thought and it doesn't even get understood because of this. So I thought to put up some scriptures on enmity. Now bear in mind, I'm not pointing this at a specific group of people, but trying to show it's not even us that is stirring things up. It's that other guy that opposes God...that brought an apple to Eve. Also in this pattern, notice how this enmity against the prophets and anyone talking about things of God is a tool by Satan to try to get those people to later reject God and the things of God. So I would invite you to be careful of enmity and be more conscious of brotherhood and sisterhood.

Doctrine and Covenants 101:26
26 And in that day the enmity of man, and the enmity of beasts, yea, the enmity of all flesh, shall cease from before my face.

Romans 8:7
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Moses 4:21
21 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed; and he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Enmity first introduced here.)

1 Nephi 13:5
5 And the angel said unto me: Behold the formation of a church which is most abominable above all other churches, which slayeth the saints of God, yea, and tortureth them and bindeth them down, and yoketh them with a yoke of iron, and bringeth them down into captivity.

Proverbs 6:18-19
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Helaman 10:15

15 And it came to pass that when Nephi had declared unto them the word, behold, they did still harden their hearts and would not hearken unto his words; therefore they did revile against him, and did seek to lay their hands upon him that they might cast him into prison. (Members reviled against other members and leaders.)

Doctrine and Covenants 10:13,24-25
13 For he hath put into their hearts to do this, that by lying they may say they have caught you in the words which you have pretended to translate.

Moses 5:13,18,21,23,28-30,38,49,52
13 And Satan came among them, saying: I am also a son of God; and he commanded them, saying: Believe it not; and they believed it not, and they loved Satan more than God. And men began from that time forth to be carnal, sensual, and devilish. (Isn't it amazing how many scriptures come down to either LOVE GOD, or love that other person who I don't even like to write his name? If you love God, you will the spirit. IF you love the things of the world then you will start to bit by bit start to love the great and spacious building more.)

D&C 10:5 Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work.

3 Nephi 6:15 Now the cause of this iniquity of the people was this—Satan had great power, unto the stirring up of the people to do all manner of iniquity, and to the puffing them up with pride, tempting them to seek for power, and authority, and riches, and the vain things of the world. (with PRIDE, ENMITY is also very high and running rampant.)

3 Nephi 2:2 Imagining up some vain thing in their hearts, that it was wrought by men and by the power of the devil, to lead away and deceive the hearts of the people; and thus did Satan get possession of the hearts of the people again, insomuch that he did blind their eyes and lead them away to believe that the doctrine of Christ was a foolish and a vain thing.

People already know pride comes before the fall. But enmity is running rampant with pride and leading it along. Enmity against brothers and sisters fuels rejection of the things of God...fuels hatred and rivalries.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Enmity is the real enemy

Post by Alaris »

gardener4life wrote: January 15th, 2018, 12:33 am I feel impressed to post this. A lot of the posts recently I'd read something, and then read the reply. It was like a commenter didn't even understand what the person they were replying to was saying. Then next my thought was that it was because of enmity. In a very real and true way enmity would and sometimes causes people to not understand what someone said, even though the wording of the original person does make sense.

Enmity is very real. And it's stirring up on this forum a lot of people against each other to accomplish nothing. Sometimes someone will have a nice thought and it doesn't even get understood because of this. So I thought to put up some scriptures on enmity. Now bear in mind, I'm not pointing this at a specific group of people, but trying to show it's not even us that is stirring things up. It's that other guy that opposes God...that brought an apple to Eve. Also in this pattern, notice how this enmity against the prophets and anyone talking about things of God is a tool by Satan to try to get those people to later reject God and the things of God. So I would invite you to be careful of enmity and be more conscious of brotherhood and sisterhood.

Doctrine and Covenants 101:26
26 And in that day the enmity of man, and the enmity of beasts, yea, the enmity of all flesh, shall cease from before my face.

Romans 8:7
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Moses 4:21
21 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed; and he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Enmity first introduced here.)

1 Nephi 13:5
5 And the angel said unto me: Behold the formation of a church which is most abominable above all other churches, which slayeth the saints of God, yea, and tortureth them and bindeth them down, and yoketh them with a yoke of iron, and bringeth them down into captivity.

Proverbs 6:18-19
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Helaman 10:15

15 And it came to pass that when Nephi had declared unto them the word, behold, they did still harden their hearts and would not hearken unto his words; therefore they did revile against him, and did seek to lay their hands upon him that they might cast him into prison. (Members reviled against other members and leaders.)

Doctrine and Covenants 10:13,24-25
13 For he hath put into their hearts to do this, that by lying they may say they have caught you in the words which you have pretended to translate.

Moses 5:13,18,21,23,28-30,38,49,52
13 And Satan came among them, saying: I am also a son of God; and he commanded them, saying: Believe it not; and they believed it not, and they loved Satan more than God. And men began from that time forth to be carnal, sensual, and devilish. (Isn't it amazing how many scriptures come down to either LOVE GOD, or love that other person who I don't even like to write his name? If you love God, you will the spirit. IF you love the things of the world then you will start to bit by bit start to love the great and spacious building more.)

D&C 10:5 Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work.

3 Nephi 6:15 Now the cause of this iniquity of the people was this—Satan had great power, unto the stirring up of the people to do all manner of iniquity, and to the puffing them up with pride, tempting them to seek for power, and authority, and riches, and the vain things of the world. (with PRIDE, ENMITY is also very high and running rampant.)

3 Nephi 2:2 Imagining up some vain thing in their hearts, that it was wrought by men and by the power of the devil, to lead away and deceive the hearts of the people; and thus did Satan get possession of the hearts of the people again, insomuch that he did blind their eyes and lead them away to believe that the doctrine of Christ was a foolish and a vain thing.

People already know pride comes before the fall. But enmity is running rampant with pride and leading it along. Enmity against brothers and sisters fuels rejection of the things of God...fuels hatred and rivalries.
Great post and a great reminder to me! I can certainly do better. Thanks gardener4life! You are a tremendous example of charity. I seem to remember there being some scripture about charity being somewhat important:
Moroni 7:44 If so, his faith and hope is vain, for none is acceptable before God, save the meek and lowly in heart; and if a man be meek and lowly in heart, and confesses by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ, he must needs have charity; for if he have not charity he is nothing; wherefore he must needs have charity.
45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
This is certainly my prayer!