Is Trump Morianton?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

Is Trump Morianton?

Post by Michelle »

Truthfully, I remember the moment my husband told me Trump was running for president. I believed it was a joke and waited for the punchline.

Then when I realized it wasn't a joke, I couldn't fathom what he was doing it for. He wasn't going to win, right?

Then he was the nominee of the Republican Party and I was glad not to be a Republican. (No, I didn't vote for him or Hillary.)

Then he actually won and I was stunned. But I watched with interest as the stock market climbed and climbed and climbed. (Not that I am unaware of the quantative easing funds being used to artificially inflate its climb, but there does seem to be some economic optimism as well.)

I have actually been surprised this year by some of the good things Pres. Trump has done.

I'm starting to wonder if he is going to turn out to be a sort of Morianton. (from Ether, not Alma)

Ether 10:9 And it came to pass after the space of many years, Morianton, (he being a descendant of Riplakish) gathered together an army of outcasts, and went forth and gave battle unto the people; and he gained power over many cities; and the war became exceedingly sore, and did last for the space of many years; and he did gain power over all the land, and did establish himself king over all the land.

10 And after that he had established himself king he did ease the burden of the people, by which he did gain favor in the eyes of the people, and they did anoint him to be their king.

11 And he did do justice unto the people, but not unto himself because of his many whoredoms; wherefore he was cut off from the presence of the Lord.

12 And it came to pass that Morianton built up many cities, and the people became exceedingly rich under his reign, both in buildings, and in gold and silver, and in raising grain, and in flocks, and herds, and such things which had been restored unto them.

13 And Morianton did live to an exceedingly great age,

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: Is Trump Morianton?

Post by Ezra »

If that was the case then 600 billion dollars wouldn’t have been added to the national debt.

That makes $11,700 dollars more that each household will need to pay to the National debt. That to add onto the $945,000 each household needs to pay in order to pay off the debt. That’s including interest.

So wow ya. Really prosperous and rich. I can’t wait for next year when I’m another 11,000 dollars in debt. What’s another 11,000 on top of almost a cool million dollar debt that each household owes.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Where I think people are confused is that many people that are young now haven't ever had exposure to the type of person that is all action, and sort of talks like a John Wayne type. By that I mean, that will tell you that you are wrong and that you should have your but kicked but then really help you. I don't think that Trump is perfect. I'm sure he has many problems. He needs the gospel too.

What I am trying to say is he's the type that its like someone that will do and actions matter, and only actions matter to them but they might be like someone that might sound sore or cross or cuss people out as a coworker. Yet, their actions prove themselves.

so people have trouble reconciling this idea because they are used to the opposite. They are used to a sweet talker, sugar coater, yet whose actions always fail and never backup what they promised. (That's sad that people will prefer this type and shows how fallen we are as a people. People want a sugar coating sweet tongue of lies that breaks promises? What the heck...)

I think you just have to take it as tongue in cheek that Trump is trying to get you to rethink your options and telling you there's a better way (in his mind) while he tries to fix things. Our economy and government are /were in such bad shape when he came to office that there was no way of getting around the fact that he had shake things up to get anything done because it's like all the bad things had everything glued together like a machine that was seized up.

I do think that many of the things Trump has done are inspired. But I don't know if he will stay true to the course. The danger of pride before a fall is still big for all of us right now especially those in power.

So we'll see...what will things be like when he leaves office?

The true danger is the person after Trump. Trump has made it a point to make people accept he's shaking things up and that's OK. But if people accept a president can do that when the person coming in after him is wicked then it could be twice as bad as Obama and Hillary combined. I'm very worried about who is after Trump because of the power vaccum that will be created...and the lack of morality, etc. and also because of how divided people are still right now, and the unwillingness to cooperate that is open and could bust up this country. You can't remain divided so long without some permanent damage and this is going to be a new problem later. And also if you have someone wicked after Trump the first thing they will do is try to change things back again to how a ruling minority wants and bribes them to do.

The people CHOSE to be divided rather than accept a leader. Then they heap their fault finding on him, through rebellion because nobody is calling them out on it.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Ezra wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:25 pm If that was the case then 600 billion dollars wouldn’t have been added to the national debt.

That makes $11,700 dollars more that each household will need to pay to the National debt. That to add onto the $945,000 each household needs to pay in order to pay off the debt. That’s including interest.

So wow ya. Really prosperous and rich. I can’t wait for next year when I’m another 11,000 dollars in debt. What’s another 11,000 on top of almost a cool million dollar debt that each household owes.
I just realized I didn't answer this.

I don't think he will materially change the course of the US or undo what has been done so much as I seem to see those around me spending more.

I think that at least the illusion of prosperity might give those who are willing another chance to get prepared temporally.

I know we will use what resources are allotted to us in the next few years to keep up our preparations for self sufficiency. Plenty of skills I still need to learn and teach my children.

I'd like to think it will give us the chance to move out to our own piece of land before things get worse.