Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Recommend me some good charities to donate to

Post by Robin Hood »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 12th, 2018, 6:42 pm I recently got an inheritance and am looking at different charities. I love animal charities and am a big contributor to the Humane Society since I'm an animal loving vegetarian. Suggest some charities that I can look into.
I heartily recommend the Robin Hood Appreciation Fund.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Donating individually to missionaries in your ward or stake can be done on your tithing form. You could pick one missionary who might need or appreciate an extra $25 each month, and add it to your offerings each month.

I also like local food banks and local no-kill animal shelters.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Buy GundryMD & Contribute to Charity Water

Post by BeNotDeceived »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 12th, 2018, 7:40 pm
brianj wrote: January 12th, 2018, 7:23 pm What is important to you? What do you want to support?

One charity I have donated to is a ballet foundation because I support their effort to bring art and beauty to the community.
I want to donate to causes where the recipients have no ways of helping themselves. i.e. animal charities.
Olive Oil Extract
Vital Reds polyphenols
Energy Renew phytonutrients
& soon Heart Defense flavonoids.

All stuff, he’s brought to the fore :P

Can these people help themselves :?:

Seeking Truth
captain of 10

Post by Seeking Truth »

simpleton wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:31 pm If you truly want blessings in heaven don't donate to any charities... But give to the widow, the fatherless and God's poor .. and not with the idea of receiving praise or a tax write off... but if you just want a tax write off, then, well, just take your pick..

Mathew 6

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly...

I see where this person is coming from, I think they are saying not to just spend money instead of putting yourself out there to do the service. But there is a lot you can do with your money that can’t be done on your own. If we put our resources together we can achieve so much more than what we can possibly find and complete on our own. That’s what the church does with tithing and offerings, etc.

One thing you could do is hold on to a bit of it to donate in a time of crisis, like another hurricane or disaster.

Or find a couple looking to adopt and struggling to pay for it, that would be a huge blessing to them.

This is very kind of you to donate some after receiving an inheritance!

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Simon Parkes helps deprogam victims of mk ultra. You can donate to him at www.simonparkes.org, as many that he helps don't have funds to pay for deprogramming.

Russ Dizdar also helps victims of satanic ritual abuse.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

You’ve mentioned one - the Humane Society. There might also be a local animal rescue charity or animal protection league that you could support.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

CelestialAngel wrote: June 29th, 2018, 1:17 pm Are there any charities to help out the immigrant children separated from parents and detained at camps?
Yes.

https://m.facebook.com/donate/490507544 ... 958409678/