Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
harakim
captain of 1,000

Re: Recommend me some good charities to donate to

Post by harakim »

Thinker wrote: January 16th, 2018, 7:47 pm
CelestialAngel wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:27 pm
Thinker wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:40 pm
CelestialAngel wrote: January 13th, 2018, 5:21 am I think I need to up my donations to fast offerings and humanitarian aid on lds.org
If you’re looking for financial transparency to ensure your donations are most effective, I’d reconsider.

Charity Navigator might help at least in screening charities:
https://www.charitynavigator.org
I'm open to any charity so if you could some suggest you like I'll look into them. It doesn't have to be church related, I know the church has plenty of money.
Ok. As mentioned by others, it’s always best to study it out & pray - which may be why you started this thread. I really like the idea of microloans. When I read about extreme poverty, I learned that there are different “rungs” on the economic ladder. Those who have been subject to multiple hardships (natural disaster, war, bad location for trade etc) absolutely require help to even get on the first rung. So I think microloans are excellent ideas that give people help with pride because they do repay & I think they eventually help others. Kiva seems to have good ratings: https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... rgid=12978

Red Cross has been known to be one of the first on the ground for big and more local needs. However, they lack info to be rated (kind of like the church) - though maybe you could find more through another charity “navigator.”
I agree that microloans are a great charitable theory. However, microloans are the most corrupt of all the charities in my experience. In addition, most of the money Kiva collects doesn't even go to the people you think you're donating to. In fact, Kiva doesn't even make the loans to almost any of the people on the site, a third party does.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

Your $50. donation will restore eyesight to 1 blind person

http://www.seva.org/site/PageServer?pag ... gJyVPD_BwE

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Snake Oil Sold as Organics - Fraud Uncovered

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/03/11/organic-sector-is-growing.aspx wrote: ... Be Part of the Change
Ultimately, regenerative food and farming is the end goal. We not only want to identify and expose market fraud and deception, which the OCA does quite well, but we also want to encourage, inspire and catalyze the transition to regenerative agriculture practices that has stronger standards, such as those developed by the American Grassfed Association and Demeter, the latter of which provides biodynamic certification.

These are the things the annual GMO Awareness Week aims to achieve, and by contributing to this campaign, you support OCA’s work throughout the year. Changing an industry is a slow game, but over time, we see tremendous results. You can make a difference, and we really appreciate your participation. Without your support, none of the changes we’ve seen over the past several years would have been possible.

So, please, consider making a generous donation to the OCA today. As in previous years, I will more than match your gift and donate $3 for every dollar you donate. Remember, OCA is a nonprofit organization and, as such, all your gifts are fully tax deductible. ...
Video and more info at the link. :P

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Shriners Hospitals for Children

They do work for free on children who have defects or injuries that disable or scar them for life. Things like burns, growth plate fractures, etc. I believe it to be one of the best charities around.

https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc/donate

LucianAMD
ex-Puppet Master

Post by LucianAMD »

marc wrote: January 12th, 2018, 7:14 pm https://liahonachildren.org/

Also, help out Bananikka's efforts a little here would surely be appreciated:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47464
Great organization. I consider it one of the best.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 12th, 2018, 6:42 pm I recently got an inheritance and am looking at different charities. I love animal charities and am a big contributor to the Humane Society since I'm an animal loving vegetarian. Suggest some charities that I can look into.
I heartily recommend the Robin Hood Appreciation Fund.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Donating individually to missionaries in your ward or stake can be done on your tithing form. You could pick one missionary who might need or appreciate an extra $25 each month, and add it to your offerings each month.

I also like local food banks and local no-kill animal shelters.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Buy GundryMD & Contribute to Charity Water

Post by BeNotDeceived »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 12th, 2018, 7:40 pm
brianj wrote: January 12th, 2018, 7:23 pm What is important to you? What do you want to support?

One charity I have donated to is a ballet foundation because I support their effort to bring art and beauty to the community.
I want to donate to causes where the recipients have no ways of helping themselves. i.e. animal charities.
Olive Oil Extract
Vital Reds polyphenols
Energy Renew phytonutrients
& soon Heart Defense flavonoids.

All stuff, he’s brought to the fore :P

Can these people help themselves :?:

Seeking Truth
captain of 10

Post by Seeking Truth »

simpleton wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:31 pm If you truly want blessings in heaven don't donate to any charities... But give to the widow, the fatherless and God's poor .. and not with the idea of receiving praise or a tax write off... but if you just want a tax write off, then, well, just take your pick..

Mathew 6

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly...

I see where this person is coming from, I think they are saying not to just spend money instead of putting yourself out there to do the service. But there is a lot you can do with your money that can’t be done on your own. If we put our resources together we can achieve so much more than what we can possibly find and complete on our own. That’s what the church does with tithing and offerings, etc.

One thing you could do is hold on to a bit of it to donate in a time of crisis, like another hurricane or disaster.

Or find a couple looking to adopt and struggling to pay for it, that would be a huge blessing to them.

This is very kind of you to donate some after receiving an inheritance!

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Simon Parkes helps deprogam victims of mk ultra. You can donate to him at www.simonparkes.org, as many that he helps don't have funds to pay for deprogramming.

Russ Dizdar also helps victims of satanic ritual abuse.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

You’ve mentioned one - the Humane Society. There might also be a local animal rescue charity or animal protection league that you could support.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

CelestialAngel wrote: June 29th, 2018, 1:17 pm Are there any charities to help out the immigrant children separated from parents and detained at camps?
Yes.

https://m.facebook.com/donate/490507544 ... 958409678/