Please help Home this crippled homeless vet

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bananikka
captain of 100

Please help Home this crippled homeless vet

Post by Bananikka »

Please somebody if you're able find it in your heart to help this man. I did what I was able to and wish it was more but I don't have alot myself.😥 I'm trying ro raise awareness and hope that somebody sees this and is touched and inspired to help to get him off the streets but sadly It appears everything depends on how many eyes I'm able to get to this page. And having never done this sort of thing I'm not really sure where to start. I hope this is ok to post here. I apologize if it isn't. Thank you so much to anyone who is able to help. If you're unable to help, I'd really appreciate this being passed on so that perhaps somebody with the means and the heart will be able to do more for him than we can. And please everybody keep him in your prayers. I know many suffer but this man really
Touched my heart and I would love so much to make a difference in his life. Thank you to anyone who is even reading this💗

https://www.gofundme.com/help-home-crip ... ss-veteran

I'm hoping to raise some money for a homeless and crippled vet who I found sleeping on the side of the road on my way back from a holiday visit with family.
This man has no siblings and never married. He has no children and he's lost both of his parents. He has nowhere to go and the weather is only oing to get colder :(
I would lke to raise enough to help this man find an apartment or even a room to rent so that he can clean up and feel human again.
He;s a very kind and appreciate person and wept when we gave him some food and a couple of sleeping bags. (When we found him it was snowing and he was using what looked like a couple toddlers blankets. He had on dollar store mittens that had about an inch worn off of each finger. He said he was to cold to even put on the new gloves we had brought to him.
He is very friendly though timid, and smart as well. He says he knows mehanic work, so I think f given the chance though he does look to be abt 65-75 he may be able to work somehow reparing cars.
I would love to give this man a chance o be safe and warm, and to see what he can do if given another chance at life. If you arent able to help yourself please keep him in your prayers <3

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Please help Home this crippled homeless vet

Post by marc »

Wow, I haven't seen a post from you in a long time! I will do what I can to help this pay day. Thank you for sharing it.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

In Australia the Department of Veteran Affairs generously provides for and looks after all Veterans, war widows, and dependant children of veterans. What is the problem in the US ?????????????????

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Elizabeth wrote: January 10th, 2018, 9:11 pm In Australia the Department of Veteran Affairs generously provides for and looks after all Veterans, war widows, and dependant children of veterans. What is the problem in the US ?????????????????
Deep capitalism.

Indy
captain of 100

Post by Indy »

Thank you for posting this. We did post a small donation, I wish we could have given more.

As far as the comments about the US not taking care of veterans, this is just not true. Any veteran is given shelter, food and medical help. Sometimes it is a mental health issue or they are not aware of how to get help. If this is the case with him, perhaps you could help him by getting him to the right VA office.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Elizabeth wrote: January 10th, 2018, 9:11 pm In Australia the Department of Veteran Affairs generously provides for and looks after all Veterans, war widows, and dependant children of veterans. What is the problem in the US ?????????????????
Americans.