Great News For Me Finally!!!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Great News For Me Finally!!!

Post by skmo »

As many of you know, I am not a member of the LDS Church due to really, Really, REALLY stupid activity on my part. That will soon change.

As of this morning I am cleared to once again enter the waters of baptism and take upon myself the Name of Christ in a covenant with Him. As eloquent as I am (if not humble) I have no words to describe the joy which I feel. I realize how wretched my life had become, but I have worked hard to move beyond my weakness and become a member of the Lord's Church. It will happen soon.

I wish to thank many of you here for the great support and advice you've given me. The baptism will take place within the next couple of weeks, it will be somewhere in the Uintah Basin probably in the Roosevelt area. If any of you are interested in coming, PM me and I'll provide more details when I know them.

Again, my thanks and appreciation to many of you.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Great News For Me Finally!!!

Post by JohnnyL »

Congratulations!

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

Amazing!!! That is so wonderful.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:D So glad to hear.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Best thing that could ever happen to a person, Im happy for you!

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I know you have been working on this, so it's great to hear you are on the next step.
I'm somewhat close but too far for a day trip.
If better weather sets in I could make it on the motorcycle.
dc

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

That's wonderful! Happy for you~!

Just a thought, keep it simple. Simple gospel from now will keep you safe. Faith, repentance daily, praying, reading the scriptures.

And we are really happy for you. Thank you for telling us!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

After knowing you on the forum these past 9 years, this is tremendous news to hear, skmo! Very happy for you, brother!

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Would have loved to come but will be in FL at that time. Fantastic news. The heavens rejoice with you. Very happy for you and your family. May the spirit lift and sustain you. Blessings!

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Bless you for climbing that mountain! The journey is beginning anew! You will have a constant companion on this leg of the journey. Repentance is the only way for each of us.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

skmo wrote: January 7th, 2018, 7:50 pm As many of you know, I am not a member of the LDS Church due to really, Really, REALLY stupid activity on my part. That will soon change.

As of this morning I am cleared to once again enter the waters of baptism and take upon myself the Name of Christ in a covenant with Him. As eloquent as I am (if not humble) I have no words to describe the joy which I feel. I realize how wretched my life had become, but I have worked hard to move beyond my weakness and become a member of the Lord's Church. It will happen soon.

I wish to thank many of you here for the great support and advice you've given me. The baptism will take place within the next couple of weeks, it will be somewhere in the Uintah Basin probably in the Roosevelt area. If any of you are interested in coming, PM me and I'll provide more details when I know them.

Congratulations. You and the Lord have done a great thing here.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Wonderful news! We just had a rebaptism in my ward. It was such a beautiful experience. You will be able to appreciate this ordinance much differently and more deeply than so many of us. Thanks for sharing.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

skmo wrote: January 7th, 2018, 7:50 pm As many of you know, I am not a member of the LDS Church due to really, Really, REALLY stupid activity on my part. That will soon change.

Skmo, I am truly happy for you. Following ones heart and inspiration, when they are in harmony will always move you forward and be a blessing unto you. Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I said it on this forum 2 years ago, and this great news of your rebaptism is my confirmation. I knew you were one of His most valiant ones. You made it through hell and the refiner's fire, and now you are coming back to the Lord stronger than ever. Congratulations!
"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out."

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

skmo,

I am very pleased and proud of you. Well done! Remarkably, well done! What was once a "hole" is now to be made "whole." In a future time and setting, you will be able to draw upon your experiences to counsel, guide and assist in the healing of others. You have "overcome" and your experience in doing so constitutes the attainment of wisdom. God bless you. In those initial days of your exposure on this forum, you would have encountered me with my former identification of "brrgilbert" and an icon consisting of a weigh balance. I am grateful that the wounds have healed and that I could be a witness to the transformation. You give me a great deal of encouragement. My deepest respect and best wishes.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

That is indeed great news, skmo! I'd be there with bells on if I could. I'm sure the heavens are rejoicing with us all. :D

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

God bless you!

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

So happy for you! You are one of my favorite posters because you are so genuine. I have been rooting for you here on my couch for years:) Wish I could be there!!

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Congratulations

Indy
captain of 100

Post by Indy »

That is truly great news. Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Congratulations skmo!

-Finrock

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

My goodness I haven't seen this much unity or this many positive comments about the LDS church here on this forum for I don't know how long. Maybe you need to be re-baptized more often Brother. You know.. like taking one for the team.. lol

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Congratulations! This is wonderful news!

When and where will you be baptized? If you're within an hour or so of me and it isn't during work hours, I'll be there. And I suspect I won't be the only one!

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

Amazing! Good for you!

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Mark wrote: January 8th, 2018, 2:40 pm My goodness I haven't seen this much unity or this many positive comments about the LDS church here on this forum for I don't know how long. Maybe you need to be re-baptized more often Brother. You know.. like taking one for the team.. lol
The prodigal son comes to mind. It’s a spiritual celebration!