Church Assistance

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Church Assistance

Post by Mark »

farmerchick wrote: January 7th, 2018, 11:38 pm Liberty,
You been given great advice. I've been in a similar position as a young twenty to thirty something. I'm a grandma now, but as I look back on my struggles, especially times of uncertain financials, I see that as I trusted in the Lord to help me through it, I always just had enough. Not a dollar more and usually not a nickel more, but I always made it. I never stopped trying even though the future looked very bleak and there was no way logically speaking for me to make it. I wanted to end my life a few times as well because I felt it would be easier. Things were very hard for me. But somehow, through unforeseen opportunities, unforeseen turn of events, and always paying my tithing, I made it just barely. I've been without a car, a home, and good employment, as well as being divorced with children and no child support. I cut my expenses, went without, worked as much as I could and never asked the bishop for help. I've eaten top ramen for weeks on end, lived in a basement and drove around really beat up cars that broke down all the time. It didn't hurt me! My family helped out but in hindsight I wish they hadn't. They prolonged my journey of misery by not allowing me to learn valuable lessons that no one can teach you.. No matter what happens even if it's the worst scenario possible, always remember the sting of it is temporary, as long as you are still alive. You will learn what not to do through this experience. You will also learn what to do through this experience as you navigate through it. That kind of knowledge is priceless. Your future is as bright as you make it. Light your inner fire and remember when the going gets tough, the tough get going. You can turn this around without the bishop. Addition and subtraction are the only real skills you need. Does my income equal my outgo and if it doesn't, cut appropriately until it does. Do whatever is necessary to make it work. Fast and pray for employment opportunities and do whatever is necessary. Selfishness is what drives some of us to seek the easy way out. Your bishop is giving you an opportunity possibly without knowing it to develop character and skills that will serve you well during your life. You just have to figure this out. I figured it out and I will never ever be in that position again. Lessened learned. You can do it too. Learning how to fish (sometimes on your own) instead of being given a fish is really the better gift. Trust in the Lord and do what is necessary to lift yourself out of this. You are your greatest asset.

Amen Sister! You go girl!! :lol:

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

You can do it Liberty! I have been in the position of wanting to end it all before. It passes. If you hold strong, opportunities will open, things will change and you will have great happiness and look back on this time with compassion on yourself and great relief that you just kept trekking on.

The best advice I can give you to help your mental health, from my own experience is to exercise, read your scriptures, pray, cut out sugar AND get some medicine. There are some great generics out there that are super cheap. I have found, however that medicine is just a boost and is no substitute for not having those other things in order.

Have hope. Be positive and go out there and do what you can for yourself. You will find you are stronger than you thought you were:) I will be praying for you!

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

Met with my new Bishop since moving into his boundary for the first time. Needless to say he was an answer to my unsaid prayers I immediately felt the spirit as I entered his office and he offered up an opening prayer and closing prayer. Something my other bishop has never done with my family we have met with him upwards of 10-15 times. It's a bit hard for me to recollect the exact events as it was very emotional. My new Bishop got to know my wife and I, asked about the temple the worthiness questions. I sadly offered up I was unworthy and have been so for some time. He called my wife out of the room once the introductions were over. He went over my worthiness and how my actions have directly attributed to hurting marriage family and my own spirit and relationship my father my savior and my extended family. He loves me and I felt that genuine love and non judgemental attitude he wasn't just going through the motions like a parrot he went through each layer of sin I had hidden and tucked away and I found myself pruned and voluntarily sobbing like a girl and offering up confessions to things I wasn't able to talk to my other bishop about because of a lack of personal or spiritual connection. We both found ourselves teary eyed and holding each other in a teary eyed embrace. He spoke of things I couldn't have even began to comprehend but instantly made sense as he spent about 1.5-2 hours meeting with my family. I don't want to put my other bishop down as personally I know he's a good man however when it came to my burden I was carrying I believe he was unfit or inexperienced. This Bishop was in tune with the spirit and has the spirit of REVELATION about him. As I opened up to him he was able to discern my needs and wants and deepest desires of my heart and he lifted that burden from me with open arms. This isn't to say he supported my sins I felt so much guilt and shame and he told me just why how I was hurting people around me. He almost seemed psychic although I know this to not be true I know it was diving inspiration and revelation. He knew my sins and my problems before I confessed them and slowly and gently eased them out of me. He helped to cleanse my spirit and my love for gospel and the church our father and our savior. I feel invigorated and rejuvenated from atonement and his condemnation and forgiveness to my crimes and sins against the lord and my family. We made a sustainability plan which included my rent only, on condition I pay it back in service he wants to give me calling once I meet with an lds counselor and we work on getting myself worthy. He showed me the lords way of saving money vs the worlds something I have never known instant epiphany moment. I must call him every day and update him on employability or else he will provide for my family but not for me. How he will do this he doesn't know but if I fail in this he said the lord will direct him we both laughed. I must do voluntary split missionary sessions on Wednesday with the missionaries. The lord has given me a hand up on condition that I do my part in trying to pull myself up to meet him halfway to the best of my ability. The bishop talked on the lords church and the order of it and how there is a Go and do and then report back and if I would like to attend the temple I must be willing to follow this pattern as it is not to much different then the Temple. He didn't go through the motions I felt his genuine love for me and compassion while I confessed the most nasty and vial things I have kept bottled up unable to bring myself to confess to my other bishop I believethat this has to do with using the lords wheel not reinventing in but more so genuinely caring I believe that our spirits must be able to sense even silent indignation or judgements or whatever. I wouldn't say he is more righteous then my other bishop nor even more experienced. I believe it is the approach and the energy and genuine non judgmental attitude that allows for righteous repentance and willingness to accept the righteous penance and punishment for our actions. He took the time of day and gave it to me and my family freely willingly and with joy. Not quite sure what I'm trying to say I know a lot has to do with myself and my actions however I believe the lords chosen leaders are divinely called but it kind of depends on them choosing whether or not to use that divination and divine authority from god or not. Personally as soon as he offered up the prayer I knew the spirit was there and everything would be alright it was like a switch was turned that's the only way I was able to describe it the flood gates opened I think that just as important as our actions and faith and sincerity so it is with Bishops in being able to tune into the lord when they follow his guidelines as silly as that may be. Some advice from my other bishop that kind of fell on deaf ears was we need to pray everyday and then my old bishop went on to say how he prayed so much with his family but then neglected my family the blessing of his priesthood authority in opening and closing with a prayer I believe there was a spiritual disconnection because possibly the wheel wasn't used at all. While I believe many people may want to confess or remove their burden it is hard to do so when the spirit of the lord isn't there. Also while not patronizing me in my sin or my error he pointedly taught lessons and told me to learn from my most recent mistakes but didn't nail me to the cross with my sins with his tone eyes heart words action inaction.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

This is good. I would point out to you D&C 50:19-24 but particularly 20 to 24. This is what happened there. And yes this new bishop you meant with was full of the Spirit and was using it to help you. Try to work forward. Things aren't lost. You can get back up, repent, and have faith. And spending time with the missionaries is the best way to do that. He was doing you a service to be around them.

Also to the others telling him to be more independent is wonderful but sometimes you can't 'catch up' to pay rent without help when a paycheck is 3 weeks to a month away and rent is due next week. Talking about being tough is easy when you aren't burning against a deadline.