FAKE Rumors on AVOW

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Vision
captain of 1,000

Re: FAKE Rumors on AVOW

Post by Vision »

kittycat51 wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 9:29 am I had to dig deeper but I found it. (I couldn't access this from the link above) Here is what the letter entailed:

Letter read in church today (12/31/2017):

Dear Bishops,

Please be aware that we are in a true epidemic of highly contagious Influenza A. This is essentially the same virus that killed a quarter of the adults during the 1917-1918 “Spanish flu” epidemic.

The influenza season typically peaks in February but hospitals around the state of Arizona are running at—and beyond—capacity already.

We have now activated our hospital‘s “Incident Command” emergency response.

I feel it would be prudent to invite members who are having flu-like symptoms such as fever and cough to stay home from church meetings (or to leave for home if they came to church with those symptoms.) I will be sending this communication to each of the stake presidents within our coordinating council.

Sincerely,

President ●●●● ●●●●●●
Centennial Arizona Stake

It sad to me that a letter like this has to be written instead of common sense telling people to stay home when they are sick.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

AVOW...lol. Proof that you can buy anything in this world with money.

watchthewatchers
captain of 10

Post by watchthewatchers »

BrianM wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 11:51 pm
Matchmaker wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 7:17 am Also, Brian, please don't leave us in suspense! Why do you think a call out is coming this Spring? What type of a call out?
A call to repentance probably ;)

I only said that because you can always find someone claiming the call out is coming "this Spring" or that the economic collapse is "this Fall". I'm a believer that anything could happen at any time but there's no need to be afraid of what might happen this Spring or Fall, etc.
This is actually going to happen. General Conference will be in Spring. You can be sure they'll talk about repentance. We'll also get to meet the new prophet. :)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

watchthewatchers wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:57 am
BrianM wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 11:51 pm
Matchmaker wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 7:17 am Also, Brian, please don't leave us in suspense! Why do you think a call out is coming this Spring? What type of a call out?
A call to repentance probably ;)

I only said that because you can always find someone claiming the call out is coming "this Spring" or that the economic collapse is "this Fall". I'm a believer that anything could happen at any time but there's no need to be afraid of what might happen this Spring or Fall, etc.
This is actually going to happen. General Conference will be in Spring. You can be sure they'll talk about repentance. We'll also get to meet the new prophet. :)
And we get to meet two new apostles!

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

e-eye2.0 wrote: January 3rd, 2018, 10:56 am I will say the flue is crazy bad in Arizona this year. My family was hit with it - many in our ward have been hit. I was just talking to a friend this morning and his wife is the head nurse here at one of the major hospitals and she also said how bad this year was.

Personally I don't worry too much about the flue as my family is pretty healthy but the elderly and those who have other illnesses should be careful.

It states in the handbook that if you are sick to stay home from church. I think the issue is that many members feel obligated to go to church no matter what. It really is okay to miss a week when you or a kid is sick.

Rumors always get blown out of proportion especially when they are re-told. Look at all the false doctrine that is spread about the church . It goes for everything.
If it's true that this is the same flu as 1917-18, I think that's the bigger issue here. If I remember correctly, they think that flu had a cytokine response to it. In other words it attacked the young and healthy more than those with damaged immune systems. Like SARS. The patients that fared the best in the Chinese hospitals when the SARS epidemic whistled on through, were the AIDS patients. The health care workers--who tend to have very good immune systems--were dropping like flies.

From what I can see, though, it looks like its a variant of H1N1 swine fly that was so nasty in 2009-2010. My son brought home one type from Florida. We both got very sick. Then my daugher brought home a slightly different version a few months later from Utah. She got pretty sick, (which was unusual for her) but I only got mildly so, having been innoculated by the earlier exposure.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"Killer Aussie flu outbreak ... in UK

Professor Dingall told the Daily Express that this is the most serious flu epidemic since the 1968 pandemic that started in Hong Kong - and killed a million people worldwide.

H3N2 is a mutated strain of flu, meaning the vaccine in Australia has been less effective than hoped.

Those most at risk are the over 65s, pregnant women, young kids and those with chronic conditions - like diabetes, lung and heart disease.
" https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5233837/a ... sie-virus/ :arrow: