FAKE Rumors on AVOW

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

FAKE Rumors on AVOW

Post by Mahonri »

https://www.facebook.com/mormonchronicl ... 5600924243

Thread, text and email sent out by avow scare mongering with false and disputed claims.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: FAKE Rumors on AVOW

Post by creator »

There is a popular LDS website promoting a letter from a Stake President in NE Arizona that needs to be clarified. Mormon Chronicle investigators called both the hospital in question AND the Stake President.
1. The claim that there are lines outside the hospital is false.
2. The Stake President confirms that he had the Bishops in his stake read the letter and that he is the author.
3. The claim that all of the beds are full is false.
4. The hospital denies the claim in the letter that "the state of Arizona are running at—and beyond—capacity already." is disputed by the hospital
5. The claim that "We have now activated our hospital‘s “Incident Command” emergency response." is disputed by the hospital. The hospital says that it was discussed but never activated.
6. The claim that there are a lot of cases of the flu is confirmed.

The website (AVOW) promoting this is famous for false claims and isn't a place good Saints should be throwing away money supporting with expensive membership fees to participate on their forums.
Interesting stuff. Not sure why they like to engage in scare tactics so often. Many of the users on that forum have been doing that a lot for years. They also had a prediction tracker on the site (not sure if it's still there) but 99% of the predictions never came true.

Btw, make sure you have your food storage and emergency survival gear because the call out is coming this Spring... (you heard it here first!)

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

BrianM wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 12:25 am
There is a popular LDS website promoting a letter from a Stake President in NE Arizona that needs to be clarified. Mormon Chronicle investigators called both the hospital in question AND the Stake President.
1. The claim that there are lines outside the hospital is false.
2. The Stake President confirms that he had the Bishops in his stake read the letter and that he is the author.
3. The claim that all of the beds are full is false.
4. The hospital denies the claim in the letter that "the state of Arizona are running at—and beyond—capacity already." is disputed by the hospital
5. The claim that "We have now activated our hospital‘s “Incident Command” emergency response." is disputed by the hospital. The hospital says that it was discussed but never activated.
6. The claim that there are a lot of cases of the flu is confirmed.

The website (AVOW) promoting this is famous for false claims and isn't a place good Saints should be throwing away money supporting with expensive membership fees to participate on their forums.
Interesting stuff. Not sure why they like to engage in scare tactics so often. Many of the users on that forum have been doing that a lot for years. They also had a prediction tracker on the site (not sure if it's still there) but 99% of the predictions never came true.

Btw, make sure you have your food storage and emergency survival gear because the call out is coming this Spring... (you heard it here first!)
Do you have any idea what the Stake President said in his letter?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Also, Brian, please don't leave us in suspense! Why do you think a call out is coming this Spring? What type of a call out?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Matchmaker wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 7:17 am Also, Brian, please don't leave us in suspense! Why do you think a call out is coming this Spring? What type of a call out?
He wrote that line sort of tongue in keyboard, if you get my drift.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I kind of feel that the OP is incomplete. I'm trying to piece together what is going on. From what I can tell...flu is pretty prevalent in NE Arizona. Many are flocking to the hospitals. (Why? Flu is treatable at home) AVOW is trying to use scare tactics for what purpose? What did the Stake President say in his letter?

BrianM your cheekiness is showing. :lol:

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I had to dig deeper but I found it. (I couldn't access this from the link above) Here is what the letter entailed:

Letter read in church today (12/31/2017):

Dear Bishops,

Please be aware that we are in a true epidemic of highly contagious Influenza A. This is essentially the same virus that killed a quarter of the adults during the 1917-1918 “Spanish flu” epidemic.

The influenza season typically peaks in February but hospitals around the state of Arizona are running at—and beyond—capacity already.

We have now activated our hospital‘s “Incident Command” emergency response.

I feel it would be prudent to invite members who are having flu-like symptoms such as fever and cough to stay home from church meetings (or to leave for home if they came to church with those symptoms.) I will be sending this communication to each of the stake presidents within our coordinating council.

Sincerely,

President ●●●● ●●●●●●
Centennial Arizona Stake
Last edited by kittycat51 on January 2nd, 2018, 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

And then to sensationalize it even more, AVOW added

"This Stake President is the head E.R. Doctor in Show Low, Arizona. His hospital no longer has beds nor gurneys available. It is like people are waiting outside to get treated."

Totally false, except for who the Stake Pres is

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

They also added this unrelated link to what? Give it more sensational urgency? https://emsa.ca.gov/wp-content/uploa..._Logo-F-01.png

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

If this letter was truly written by Stake President DeWitt, he just wrote his resignation letter, totally irresponsible.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

Two things that can be confirmed:

1. This is the same strain of flu as the 1918 flu.
2. Epidemiologists and the CDC have predicted that this may be a very bad flu season.

Other than that, I haven't heard much about it spreading, mostly in other countries. How it plays out remains to be seen, but we have much better medical technology than 100 years ago. This thing could just fizzle out.

I think that the main hysteria revolves around the fact that it is the same strain as the 1918 flu. It may be blown way out of proportion. Just have to see how it plays out.

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

SouEu wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 12:46 pm Two things that can be confirmed:

2. Epidemiologists and the CDC have predicted that this may be a very bad flu season.

Other than that, I haven't heard much about it spreading, mostly in other countries. How it plays out remains to be seen, but we have much better medical technology than 100 years ago. This thing could just fizzle out.

I think that the main hysteria revolves around the fact that it is the same strain as the 1918 flu. It may be blown way out of proportion. Just have to see how it plays out.
That's perfectly reasonable. The inaccuracies should not have been put into the letter or in the extra comments introducing the letter.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

Mahonri wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 1:10 pm
SouEu wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 12:46 pm Two things that can be confirmed:

That's perfectly reasonable. The inaccuracies should not have been put into the letter or in the extra comments introducing the letter.
I agree.

kgrigio
captain of 100

Post by kgrigio »

One thing is sure, this is the worst flu season I have ever seen. Here in eastern Iowa it has hit real hard. My family never gets the flu shots and rarely gets the flu, and if we do only one or two of us get it. This year we all had it real bad for two weeks and a lot of people around us have gotten it. Is it pandemic level? Unlikely. Did it suck and does social media amplify the appearance that everyone has it? Yes.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

HA! This does NOT surprise me ONE BIT!

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Matchmaker wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 7:17 am Also, Brian, please don't leave us in suspense! Why do you think a call out is coming this Spring? What type of a call out?
LOL I thought he was joking

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

LdsMarco wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 2:56 pm
LOL I thought he was joking
It might be this spring, and I'm not joking. And it's been years since I've been on AVOW. I have some personal and other info. that leads me to this way of thinking.

When the war starts, the crash of our economy will occur, that will set everything else in motion. I would definitely say we are on the brink of war.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

A “call out” to “tent cities” is another false philosophy that avow has spread.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

There will never be a "call out" to "tent cities"

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Never say never. This Church is receiving new revelation from the current Prophet and the Apostles all the time.

If you are unfortunate enough to live near an area that is a nuclear target, let's hope there is at least a limited or temporary call out to tent cities or to other members houses in other Stakes, or there will be an awful lot of casualties in and out of the Church.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

BrianM wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 12:25 am

rofl

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Mcox wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 4:30 pm A “call out” to “tent cities” is another false philosophy that avow has spread.
For decades...

Gage wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 4:54 pm There will never be a "call out" to "tent cities"
Not as described by the avow philosophy of a man mingled with scriptures.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Mcox wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 4:30 pm A “call out” to “tent cities” is another false philosophy that avow has spread.
It's based on the nonsensical idea that patterns in the Book of Mormon will be repeated in today's world.

What I think is genuinely unbelievable is people who see prophesies of strife as bad as what caused Nephites and Lamanites to flee to Bountiful and Zarahemla for safety, but conclude that they will be able to enjoy life as normal.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the belief that one day a global announcement will be made telling all church members to bring themselves and their food storage to the Wasatch mountains, but I don't believe for a second that if you live in Boston during fulfillment of Wilford Woodruff's April 1863 prophecy of that city being swept into the sea then you will be able to relax on your front porch and watch everything else swept clear. Either you will die or you will evacuate the area before the city is washed away.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

A call to repentance probably ;)

I only said that because you can always find someone claiming the call out is coming "this Spring" or that the economic collapse is "this Fall". I'm a believer that anything could happen at any time but there's no need to be afraid of what might happen this Spring or Fall, etc.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Building up and strengthening your immune system is much more effective than a flu shot. I've heard of many people who got sick with the flu *because* they got a flu shot! Take plenty of Vitamin C and other immune supporting supplements and foods.