Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: Won't we know what kingdom of glory we're going to when we're resurrected?

Post by Durzan »

makes sense to me.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Remember that whatsoever is bound on earth and in heaven can also be loosed on earth and in heaven. I don't believe that an experience of having your calling and election made sure, in whatever form it exists, means you are guaranteed exaltation. I see this as saying that you have proven yourself and will receive exaltation if you continue on your current path.

I've wondered about the resurrection because of claims that we will receive a body in the format of our eternal judgement at that time. And I have also read that at the end of the millennium Satan will be loosed for "a short season." I view this last time of temptation as a final exam after which we are given our grades. I don't know how will work out, but I don't expect us to know our eternity until after that final exam.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

brianj wrote: December 25th, 2017, 11:12 am Remember that whatsoever is bound on earth and in heaven can also be loosed on earth and in heaven. I don't believe that an experience of having your calling and election made sure, in whatever form it exists, means you are guaranteed exaltation. I see this as saying that you have proven yourself and will receive exaltation if you continue on your current path.

I've wondered about the resurrection because of claims that we will receive a body in the format of our eternal judgement at that time. And I have also read that at the end of the millennium Satan will be loosed for "a short season." I view this last time of temptation as a final exam after which we are given our grades. I don't know how will work out, but I don't expect us to know our eternity until after that final exam.

I agree and will add.

WE WILL SPEND ETERNITY WITH THOSE WHO WILL ALLOW US NO MORE FREEDOM THAN WE ARE WILLING TO ALLOW THEM.
Over and over again, the scriptures emphasize that we will be judged according to our treatment of our fellowmen. If we are charitable, we will be placed with the sheep in the Lord’s kingdom rather than with the goats in outer darkness. (Matt. 25:31—46) If we forgive, we may be forgiven. (Matt.6:12) If we are just, we may rise in the resurrection of the Just: and dwell with them. (D&C Sec. 76) If we refrain from exercising compulsion unrighteously, our dominion in the hereafter may be everlasting and flow unto us forever and ever without compulsory means. (D&C Sec. 121) In short, we can expect to be treated in the next life as we treat others here.
The exact implementation of this law of the harvest will occur at the end of this life, when we will be divided into groups and each will be consigned to spend eternity with those with whom he is most like. An unjust person will dwell with those who will treat him unjustly; a kind, forgiving person will enjoy the companionship of kind and forgiving associates, etc. But the fact which is important to our discussion here is that each person will be with that group who will allow him to exercise no more freedom than he is willing to allow them.
If, during this life, we have been persuaded to believe that the force of government, or any other agency, should be used to deny our fellowmen the stewardship which God has given them over their families, their property, and their private affairs, we can be very certain that we will be placed with a group in the hereafter who will hold similar views. With such an attitude, we cannot expect to have stewardship or dominions of our own because we do not believe in them for others and neither will those with whom we will dwell believe in them for us. The poetic justice of God decrees that if we deprive our fellow of those unalienable rights which, according to the
Declaration of Independence, they have been endowed by their Creator, we will lose our free agency to the same extent.
H. Verlin. Anderson, “The Great and Abominable Church of the
Devil”

I think more then god placing in our places at judgement day we will place ourselves.

We will go with whom we are most like. Whom we are most comfortable being around.

I imagine it’s just like what happens when a person who isn’t living as they should is surrounded by righteous people feels very uncomfortable and wants to leave and go be with the people they normally associate with. Or what happens when a good righteous person finds themselves in a group of people who cuss smoke drink and do drugs. They are not comfortable and want to be surrounded by righteous individuals.
We will go with those who are like us.
I can see Christ pleading befor and during judgement day for all to come with him. Repent, change do what is necessary to live with him.

But they will choose to go with those whom they feel most comfortable with. They will deny him as their God as they will not know him. I also see some needing to be placed as they will think they know God but God will not know them as the scriptures say.

After all.

It is in the darkness of men’s own eyes that they become
lost.
Black elk.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

There are those who will be the first fruits who will rise from the dead when Christ returns. They will ascend when He comes again and descend with Him (celestial). Then there are those in the afternoon of the first resurrection (2nd trump sounds) after Jesus has ushered in the millennium (terrestrial). Finally after the millennium, the rest will resurrect (telestial, perdition). I pulled this up for any who want to study it out: Times of Resurrection

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

CelestialAngel wrote: December 25th, 2017, 12:24 pm What do you have to do to be worthy of a Celestial body resurrection?
1. Repent
2. Be baptized in water
3. Be baptized by fire (receive the Holy Ghost who will tell you all things what you should do).

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

marc wrote: December 25th, 2017, 12:27 pm
CelestialAngel wrote: December 25th, 2017, 12:24 pm What do you have to do to be worthy of a Celestial body resurrection?
1. Repent
2. Be baptized in water
3. Be baptized by fire (receive the Holy Ghost who will tell you all things what you should do).
Which mean you have to pray and listen. Pray always As the scriptures say. which would imply some real dedication to both prayer and listening. It should be the forefront of your daily routine.

It’s also why the daily worldly rat race will take out a big majority as it implys in d&c 121 33:43

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Pray "always" and do not "faint." Each person who does so will abide the day, for if they have been baptized with fire, they will abide the fire when Jesus returns.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

A Celestial being doesn't cast shadows. ;)

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Ezra wrote: December 25th, 2017, 12:31 pm
marc wrote: December 25th, 2017, 12:27 pm
1. Repent
2. Be baptized in water
Which mean you have to pray and listen. Pray always As the scriptures say. which would imply some real dedication to both prayer and listening. It should be the forefront of your daily routine.

It’s also why the daily worldly rat race will take out a big majority as it implys in d&c 121 33:43
Good points here! Thanks for mentioning this. (And you guys just described enduring to the end.)

I also worry how much the worldly rat race is taking its toll on people. It never ceases to amaze me how people that are church members will end up defending Telestial behavior and embracing it, when we should just get on our knees and seek Heavenly Father.

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

Of course, the question is whether you want to go to the CK. I haven't heard exactly what we'll do there, but sounds a bit boring - I assume a lot of church meetings, temple sessions, missionary work, home teaching. Streets paved with gold, and sitting on a throne. Singing endless hymns. Building worlds and dealing with all the complaining, having to wipe out the sinners.

Whereas in the lower kingdoms, you'll just be hunting, fishing, gardening, that type of thing, and JS said they're so great we'd kill ourselves to get there if we could see those kingdoms.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

This is an interesting question.

In life, we're given as much light and knowledge as we can handle. We apply it piece by piece.

The scriptures say that we'll have a bright recollection of all of our guilt, and have weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth if we are wicked on the judgment. The righteous will have a knowledge that they are acceptable before the Lord and that he accepts them. (This is partly why some people get inspirations that the Lord accepted their time as missionaries! How cool is that!) So we must know in some way we didn't do what Heavenly Father and Jesus wanted us to do with this gift of life and opportunities to grow. There's also that scripture of a poor man that lived as a beggar going to heaven and the man that refused to help him calling out to him in heaven for water; the parable Jesus taught is real.

But maybe some people will think that their kingdom is 'celestial' just because that's where they will fit in? I don't mean to say that everyone will get the blessings if they don't deserve them. But in life, I've noticed some people are comfortable in certain environments and to them that's heaven. To someone that drinks a bar is heaven, so to that person the Telestial Kingdom would be what happiness is for them. (Sad but...that's how it is.) And to some people like us, a world full of Telestial things would be agonizingly painful. This is why people get worn down during the week, and feel refreshed from the sacrament.

We'll be able to be happy in our own way no matter what kingdom we go to. But some places will have more happiness than others. We will have a place where we can fit in and be ourselves. This is I think part of the meaning of '...in my father's house are many mansions...' Jesus is saying its big enough he can find a place for each species of animal to fit in and be itself so of course for us that means he'll be able to put us where we can be productive, happy, and be a fruit, not a tare.

For some of us, we've worried about this, but that worry goes away when you think about how cleverly organized this world and it's animals and species are done. There is literally a place for thousands of different kinds of bird species alone, not counting all the fish and all those other things. IF you think about it that's marvelous. And that's partly why the creation is in the scriptures. From reading about the creation we can see that Heavenly Father has organization that's beautiful and helpful to each living thing to have a place and to feel like it fits in where it belongs!

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Remember there is also a judgement at the time of the second coming. Generally those that are resurrected during the morning of the First Resurrection are going to inherit one of the celestial degrees of glory, see marc post above. Those that have also had the second anointing are also told they will inherit the celestial kingdom.
He will judge His people. When Jesus comes again, He will judge the nations and will divide the righteous from the wicked (see Matthew 25:31–46; see also chapter 46 in this book). John the Revelator wrote about this judgment: “I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, … and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” The wicked he saw “lived not again until the thousand years were finished” (Revelation 20:4–5; see also D&C 88:95–98).
https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-princ ... t?lang=eng