Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
drtanner
captain of 1,000

Re: Does Deseret Book support Priestcraft?

Post by drtanner »

investigator wrote: December 23rd, 2017, 5:54 pm Yes, it is a subtle tactic of deception to say that "We will not and... cannot lead [you] astray." The "Prophets" of the past can lead you astray with teachings such as Adam God, Blacks and the Priesthood, Plural Marriage being a requirement for entrance into the Celestial Kingdom, Blood Atonement, and others, however, the Brethren of today can "unequivocally condemn" those teachings and the "Prophets" that taught them and correct their errors. That must necessarily mean that the "Prophets" of the future can correct the errors "Prophets" of our day and condemn their teachings. What happened to "God is an unchangeable God? I agree with Elder Ballard we should keep "[our] eyes on [them]".
It is unfortunate that you are caught up in the thick of thin things. Everything pales in comparison to the reality that Jesus Christ really does have a church with living prophets, and valid ordinances of salvation where godliness is manifest and a house of the Lord where things on earth are bound in heaven. These things are all undeniably true.

D&C 90:5 And all they who receive the oracles of God, let them beware how they hold them lest they are accounted as a light thing, and are brought under condemnation thereby...

Amen and Amen!!

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

drtanner wrote: December 24th, 2017, 12:51 am
investigator wrote: December 23rd, 2017, 5:54 pm Yes, it is a subtle tactic of deception to say that "We will not and... cannot lead [you] astray." The "Prophets" of the past can lead you astray with teachings such as Adam God, Blacks and the Priesthood, Plural Marriage being a requirement for entrance into the Celestial Kingdom, Blood Atonement, and others, however, the Brethren of today can "unequivocally condemn" those teachings and the "Prophets" that taught them and correct their errors. That must necessarily mean that the "Prophets" of the future can correct the errors "Prophets" of our day and condemn their teachings. What happened to "God is an unchangeable God? I agree with Elder Ballard we should keep "[our] eyes on [them]".
It is unfortunate that you are caught up in the thick of thin things. Everything pales in comparison to the reality that Jesus Christ really does have a church with living prophets, and valid ordinances of salvation where godliness is manifest and a house of the Lord where things on earth are bound in heaven. These things are all undeniably true.

D&C 90:5 And all they who receive the oracles of God, let them beware how they hold them lest they are accounted as a light thing, and are brought under condemnation thereby...

Amen and Amen!!
You quote that scripture and assume that the word oracle in that context means prophet; however, if you took the time to read it in context, you would see that it means revelations of God. The revelations of God pertaining to Priestcraft that I quoted from the “most correct book on earth” and I truly beleive that it is, paint quite a different picture of how the “ priests” in BOM times conducted their priestly duties and how the PSR of today conduct their duties. Beware of how you treat those revelations from God (BOM) lest you bring yourself under condemnation. Isn’t that how the church was brought under condemnation in the first place (section 84).

Merry Christmas to all.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

investigator wrote: December 24th, 2017, 8:21 am
drtanner wrote: December 24th, 2017, 12:51 am

Amen and Amen!!
You quote that scripture and assume that the word oracle in that context means prophet; however, if you took the time to read it in context, you would see that it means revelations of God. The revelations of God pertaining to Priestcraft that I quoted from the “most correct book on earth” and I truly beleive that it is, paint quite a different picture of how the “ priests” in BOM times conducted their priestly duties and how the PSR of today conduct their duties. Beware of how you treat those revelations from God (BOM) lest you bring yourself under condemnation. Isn’t that how the church was brought under condemnation in the first place (section 84).

Merry Christmas to all.
Merry Christmas investigator. I am grateful that we both from what I can tell share a love of the savior and put all of our faith in him. May that faith and love of him be our guide post and lead us to all of the blessings that the gift of his birth, life, suffering, and death would afford. Love you brother, hope you have a wonderful day.