Joel Skousen's 2017 Year End Analysis [VIDEO]

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

Joel Skousen's 2017 Year End Analysis [VIDEO]

Post by creator »

Joel Skousen's 2017 Year End Analysis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl7D0Evfi64
enjoy!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Joel Skousen's 2017 Year End Analysis [VIDEO]

Post by Fiannan »

I lived in Utah a while and quickly learned if you did not have the right last name you may as well forget climbing the political ladder.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I don't want to spend over two hours listening. Can I get a summary?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote: December 20th, 2017, 9:39 pm I don't want to spend over two hours listening. Can I get a summary?
Yeah, we have to kill Kim Jung Un because he says scary stuff. And we're all gonna die, except for those who make it to the New Jerusalem. Oh, and Donald Trump is a good guy, except when he's not. Oh, and Spencer and Julie Rowe are wrong. Well, also, don't send your kids to government schools. And please buy Joel's books.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

brianj wrote: December 20th, 2017, 9:39 pm I don't want to spend over two hours listening. Can I get a summary?
Caucases are cool. 8-)

Sorta explains why there’s no liberal talk radio. Image

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

Silver wrote: December 20th, 2017, 10:45 pm
Yeah, we have to kill Kim Jung Un because he says scary stuff. And we're all gonna die, except for those who make it to the New Jerusalem. Oh, and Donald Trump is a good guy, except when he's not. Oh, and Spencer and Julie Rowe are wrong. Well, also, don't send your kids to government schools. And please buy Joel's books.
You know, after your thread picking on Trump's tan, I'm surprised you didn't accuse Joel Skousen of secretly being transgender for his pronoun gaffe at 1:15:20.

But anyway, the video is largely more of the same from his previous years analyses. He believes North Korea has been preserved as a WW3 trigger by China so they can escape blame; Iran and Syria being unfairly targeted by US and Israel; Conservatives should keep their kids out of public schools and be prepared to leave cities when war comes, but ideally long before. He also has updated remarks on the Las Vegas Shooting, Donald Trump's presidency, the North Korea situation, etc. I agree with most of his analysis, but if you've seen his 2016 discussion, you can just watch the first and last 40 minutes and skip the middle hour which is mostly rehashed.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

@1:34 he couldn’t be more wrong about wether you can see LASERs. :x

A relatively small CO2 LASER easily creates 100 Watts of InfaRed; I know this having aligned them using thermal paper.

For comparison a typical dermatology LASER only emits 1 Watt of yellow light. Image

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

This guy's full of hot air.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Robin Hood wrote: December 21st, 2017, 2:06 am This guy's full of hot air.
It did bother me when he decided to throw Elder Holland under the bus for his general conference statement about the Church never fleeing again.

Skousen is quick to note that some Church members are relying on near death experiences and signs (when he was referring to Visions of Glory and Julie Rowe). Yet he also holds himself out as knowing how the future will turn out and the Lord's current attitude toward continuing revelation. It's a fine line.

He is also biased against Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies without fully understanding them. Or at a minimum, he may understand some things but didn't express himself well in the video.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Silver wrote: December 21st, 2017, 2:54 am
It did bother me when he decided to throw Elder Holland under the bus for his general conference statement about the Church never fleeing again.

Skousen is quick to note that some Church members are relying on near death experiences and signs (when he was referring to Visions of Glory and Julie Rowe). Yet he also holds himself out as knowing how the future will turn out and the Lord's current attitude toward continuing revelation. It's a fine line.

He is also biased against Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies without fully understanding them. Or at a minimum, he may understand some things but didn't express himself well in the video.
I've watched him a number of times but realised early on that he is basically making a living off his uncles name.
I don't think he knows anything.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Robin Hood,
This guy's full of hot air.
I haven't seen this particular video, but I have heard a number of his lectures. He is No Cleon Skousen. I respect the warnings of Cleon Skousen, but Joel has demonstrated that problem so often found on this board. Yes these are the end times, yes there is much conspiratorial stuff going on we should protect ourselves from.

That being said, it doesn't mean everything is a grand conspiracy, and if you accept all that the conspiracy wackos say as truth because it goes against accepted wisdom, you become a bigger fool than the fools that ask no questions and accept the worldly view.

Regards,

George Clay

PS: I also do not intend to watch over 2hrs of his BS to see if I could find a jem inside of that BS. I have better use for my time.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

@00:18 the key to this planet is a giant laser Image

It's also one simple key where his expertise ain't so tise. :evil:
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on December 21st, 2017, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

It's unfortunate to see the level of disrespect coming from some of you on this forum.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

BrianM wrote: December 21st, 2017, 6:42 pm It's unfortunate to see the level of disrespect coming from some of you on this forum.
Who's being disrespectful? It's OK to not agree with someone.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Exposure to things not considered . . . interesting and informative.

Things concerning the "pre-mortal," societal conditions from Mr. Skousen's viewpoint were interesting to consider.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

BrianM wrote: December 21st, 2017, 6:42 pm It's unfortunate to see the level of disrespect coming from some of you on this forum.
I think anyone who claims to have special knowledge of great and universal benefit to others, who then charges people for access to that information, deserves what you describe as disrespect.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

You can hear Skousen for free on KTalk Radio and listen to podcasts any time.

http://agreat.space/ktalk/archive/World ... s%20Brief/

The benefit of buying the brief is that Joel will regularly respond to your emails.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Joel is exceedingly knowledgeable in many areas and is a very intelligent, nice man, who is also very accomplished. For instance, he was Chairman of the Conservative National Committee during the '80's. And I've been lucky to have him as a guest in my home, and to have heard him and talked to him in person several times.

Plus he can back up very well most of what he says and claims with good evidence, and normally makes a good case for his prognostications. But it is understandable why a certain type of person and mentality won't be able to benefit from his research and analyses. Their loss . . . but I doubt they will ever realize it.

Do I go along with all of Joel's claims. Nope, but I generally understand where he is coming from and appreciate his point of view.

In my view, it is best to see what people have to say, keeping in mind their various ideas and conclusions without passing black-and-white judgement on them. You can review a multitude of commentators and see where any one of them may disagree with any of the others. But you can also see where many of them make a lot of sense and overlap in areas of agreement.

The trick is to weigh and evaluate all these sources to see where they disagree or agree, and why . . . using all this input to put together your own world view.

Throwing out the baby with the bath is simply not a very intelligent way to process information, IMH but Strong Opinion.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

setyourselffree wrote: December 21st, 2017, 9:43 pm
Disagreement is perfectly fine. I'm talking about disrespect (or making fun of people).
For example, I don't like Trump and didn't vote for him (or Clinton), and while I might point out some of the anti-liberty, anti-constitutional things Trump is doing/supporting, I don't make any personal attacks against him or make fun of his skin color (that's a reference to other threads on LDSFF)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BrianM wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 12:44 pm
setyourselffree wrote: December 21st, 2017, 9:43 pm
Disagreement is perfectly fine. I'm talking about disrespect (or making fun of people).
For example, I don't like Trump and didn't vote for him (or Clinton), and while I might point out some of the anti-liberty, anti-constitutional things Trump is doing/supporting, I don't make any personal attacks against him or make fun of his skin color (that's a reference to other threads on LDSFF)
Skin color? Who said anything about skin color?

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
They are precious in his sight.
Jesus love the little children of the world.

I never said anything about skin color. I only made reference to the illogical color of make-up worn by a certain politician who lied during his campaign, who lies now, who is allowing the US military to kill innocent people, who is surrounded by Goldman Sachs and CFR, and whose son-in-law is in business with George Soros. But still there are people on this forum that think that politician is somehow better than the Madame of Death who wasn't elected in the last presidential election.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Silver wrote: December 21st, 2017, 2:54 am He is also biased against Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies without fully understanding them.
You know who else is biased against cryptocurrencies? Brandon Smith.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Jonesy wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 4:25 pm
Silver wrote: December 21st, 2017, 2:54 am He is also biased against Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies without fully understanding them.
You know who else is biased against cryptocurrencies? Brandon Smith.
I know. I saw that article of his. I understand his concerns, but it seems he is only partly right. My contacts in the cryptocurrency world see plenty of decentralized, non-fiat promoting applications.

I guess at this point my claim remains that Blockchain is a tool like a hammer or a gun and can be used for good or evil. It all depends on who wields the tool.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

One problem I see without having looked at this video is people trust an expert instead of getting their own scriptures open and doing their own praying on the subject. You can get things going forward on your own by praying on your hands and knees.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Check out what Wikileaks just did.
cryptokitties.JPG
cryptokitties.JPG (69.52 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Now I wonder why they chose that color for the Trump kitty. I didn't create it, but you can tell by the way that heart is lit up that I do like it.

Anyway, true to life, the cats are exactly alike in every way except for color. That's what the Trump supporters got in real life -- a Clinton in male clothing. Otherwise, he would not be killing innocents in multiple countries right now.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

larsenb wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 12:05 pm Throwing out the baby with the bath is simply not a very intelligent way to process information, IMH but Strong Opinion.
Good Point :!:

@5:40 this expert incorrectly states that pounds are a unit of mass. :o

He should know better, but maybe he doesn't :?:

Heaven knows we mortals (myself included) all make plenty of mistakes. Q&A sessions are especially difficult.

Please do as suggested and don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, just take everything with a grain of salt, and test everything for yourself. He says "pounds and kilograms are a unit of mass", but in context he may not be wrong, but rather less clear than possible.

@11:50 "Geoid" may explain gravity hill behind the capitol in SLC. Image

Dude blew it; :x the car does roll up-hill if done properly. :o
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on December 22nd, 2017, 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.