Deception of Jake Hilton

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

Deception of Jake Hilton

Post by LdsMarco »

Not sure how long this been going on but I guess for a while now.

I saw one of his recent videos (not sure why I did, but I did), and he now claims (not sure how long he believes this now) that the Book of Mormon is pretty much false. That the Bible is the way to get the truth.

I think it's crazy how far satan can really take someone - so far from the truth and use him to bring others along with him. WOW!

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: Deception of Jake Hilton

Post by oneClimbs »

LdsMarco wrote: December 20th, 2017, 10:09 am Not sure how long this been going on but I guess for a while now.

I saw one of his recent videos (not sure why I did, but I did), and he now claims (not sure how long he believes this now) that the Book of Mormon is pretty much false. That the Bible is the way to get the truth.

I think it's crazy how far satan can really take someone - so far from the truth and use him to bring others along with him. WOW!
I've never heard of Jake Hilton, who is he?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I don't know this guy but this is a dangerous position;

Alma 24:30

30 And thus we can plainly discern, that after a people have been once enlightened by the Spirit of God, and have had great knowledge of things pertaining to righteousness, and then have fallen away into sin and transgression, they become more hardened, and thus their state becomes worse than though they had never known these things.

Alma 47:36 Now these dissenters, having the same instruction and the same information of the Nephites, yea, having been instructed in the same knowledge of the Lord, nevertheless, it is strange to relate, not long after their dissensions they became more hardened and impenitent, and more wild, wicked and ferocious than the Lamanites—drinking in with the traditions of the Lamanites; giving way to indolence, and all manner of lasciviousness; yea, entirely forgetting the Lord their God.

You can't just reject light and truth without consequences. The other problem is that people like Sherem and Korihor wanted to no one to know about truth so that they could have more power over them in terms of carnal things, materialism, right to rule, etc. There is no sin = there's no harm in doing this wickedness with me. Or I want to be the leader.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

LdsMarco wrote: December 20th, 2017, 10:09 am Not sure how long this been going on but I guess for a while now.

Could you please do us the favor of posting actual evidence for your claims? It's only fair to Jake Hilton, and the rest of us, that we are able to verify these claim of "deception" for ourselves.

I watched some bits of his videos and didn't find anything of value enough to me that would keep me interested in watching more. When I've already read the same source material (i.e the scriptures) there are very few commentaries that I find have value for me personally. I'd be more likely to read or listen to commentaries by someone like Skousen, Gileadi or Nibley.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

BrianM wrote: December 20th, 2017, 11:43 am

Could you please do us the favor of posting actual evidence for your claims? It's only fair to Jake Hilton, and the rest of us, that we are able to verify these claim of "deception" for ourselves.

I watched some bits of his videos and didn't find anything of value enough to me that would keep me interested in watching more. When I've already read the same source material (i.e the scriptures) there are very few commentaries that I find have value for me personally. I'd be more likely to read or listen to commentaries by someone like Skousen, Gileadi or Nibley.
HERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE. PLEASE DON'T ASK THE TIME OF WHERE HE SAID IT. I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION ON THE LOCATION

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

btw, I don't think he said it in exact words but he did say the BOM was flawed and he trusts the bible more than the BOM. Truths are in the Bible is what he said

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I think there's a reason why we have chapters on Sherem, Korihor, and others in the scriptures. They are simply warning us about a lot of guys like this, who are misled and misleading others. Sherem and Korihor could sound sweet and nice even while they were pulling people away from truth for their own profit. Its sad but sometimes people fall away and that's partly why we're encouraged to only follow the prophets and apostles. (Other people are more vulnerable and not ready to give everything, thus they can be pulled away from truth.)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

LdsMarco wrote: December 20th, 2017, 12:04 pmHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE. PLEASE DON'T ASK THE TIME OF WHERE HE SAID IT. I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION ON THE LOCATION
Thank you, I appreciate that. I just think it's best practice to always provide a source for claims that could be considered potentially slanderous. This is likely what you were referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBePfFvrWns&t=44m30s

Jake Hilton said:
The Book of Mormon ... is not my foundation... and... has a whole lot of problems with it... there are plenty of problems with the Book of Mormon...