Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
drtanner
captain of 1,000

Re: Can a Mormon be a Buddhist?

Post by drtanner »

I guess I don’t understand your question. Are you asking if you can be a practicing Buddhist and lds?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Only the Gospel of Jesus Christ will get you back to heaven.

Faith in Christ.

While there is good to be found in the world, only Christ gets you back.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

CelestialAngel wrote: December 18th, 2017, 6:25 pm
drtanner wrote: December 18th, 2017, 6:02 pm I guess I don’t understand your question. Are you asking if you can be a practicing Buddhist and lds?
No I'm asking if you can have the idea of Buddhism, like meditation, love for the planet, disgust for material possessions and being able to give every possession up and find a happy place of mind.
It sounds like you're describing a true disciple of Jesus Christ with another label. Joseph Smith meditated often, communing with the Lord, he loved the outdoors and wouldn't hurt a rattlesnake. He had no love for material wealth and readily and regularly gave up his own personal property to help others.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

drtanner wrote: December 18th, 2017, 6:02 pm I guess I don’t understand your question. Are you asking if you can be a practicing Buddhist and lds?
No I'm asking if you can have the idea of Buddhism, like meditation, love for the planet, disgust for material possessions and being able to give every possession up and find a happy place of mind.
That sounds like the gospel for the most part to me
Last edited by drtanner on December 19th, 2017, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lyanne7
captain of 10

Post by lyanne7 »

Not really no would be my answer. I am a convert who was raised by a Buddhist mother.
I love many aspects of Buddhism, we do meditate when we pray. its called being quiet and after speaking to our Father, getting quiet asking him what would you have learn and then be quiet and listen. Not quite what they do because it is good to have some boundaries and intention on what and from who you are letting into your mind.
If you are not clear with who you pray to, you open yourself up to thoughts from other sources.
The road in Buddhism is wide compared to the narrow road leading to Jesus and full truth.

If you hold a temple recommend you are asked whether you have sympathies with other religions.

You can appreciate and see the elements of truth that shine through, but when you actively involve yourself in rituals and other activities then you are in the realm of sympathies.

I grew up with it, i was also raised around Hindus, Sikhs my father side Jewish. There is so much in it that is philosophy of men.
Why are you seeking something that has only bits and pieces of truth?

What is it you are missing in the fullness of the gospel?
Is it peace, a desire for oneness with the Holy Ghost? Discerning Father better? knowing how to discern which thoughts are from Father, which are from Satan? It takes consistent effort, quiet, reading from sources that have authority. it takes time, you will be rewarded from Father if you do your part.
Buddhists have some good points, attachments and expectations can cause suffering...in the gospel when you are truly converted your only attachment should be to do only what Father directs. This is what Jesus did. You only care what he thinks, are you right with him.

The problem with Buddhism is this constant running away from real life, that somehow you can escape all the things that create suffering. That you can achieve this state of nirvana, an enlightenment without pain and suffering being apart of it.That you are in control in saving yourself.

Their doctrine will counter truth. Truth of who we really are and why we are here. You cannot escape pain suffering. Life is meant to be unfair, Satan was allowed to come into the garden. he is allowed to come into your garden. You are being tested, proved. This is the best way to learn, its how we grow get strong develop faith.
It is not necessary to travel down foreign paths. Buddhism I know from experience seems peaceful, less work, less sacrifice...but my friend it leads you away from Jesus Christ. Is that what you want????? There is so much garbage on this site, many wolfs in sheep's clothing, apostates. Too few true followers that are focused on Zion, faith and know how to listen to the spirit. Hope this was an honest question from someone still sorting out their conversion.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

I would not be surprised if one day during the millenium, we integrate certain aspects of Buddhism, Taoism, etc. into the master Science of Theology that we call the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Joseph said that Mormonism is big enough for all truth no matter where we find it. Some of the Eastern philosophies have done so much with the truths they have been given. We would be living in Zion now if we had done so much with what we have been given.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I appreciate comments in this thread - especially how authentic Christianity is similar to Buddhism in letting go of attachments to have no other gods (priorities) before God & also the insights of the draw-back that Buddhism seems to kind of encourage escaping the reality of “there must needs be opposition in all things.”

When I visited a Buddhist temple, I loved the meditation part, but I found some of the gadgets (like little Buddha figures) distracting.

No doubt Jesus had been exposed to Buddhism. For one thing, it had been around for 400 years at that time - & had been spread to Isrrael. Also, some of his teachings are almost identical to Buddhist ideas like, “the kingdom of God cometh not with observation. Neither shall they say, lo here or lo there. Behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” - Luke 17. Buddha taught similarly that God/Buddha will never be met on the road & don’t go looking outside - because God/Buddha is within you.

Personally, I am believing more & more that the point of our spiritual journeys is to experience! And included in that is to have joy & love through learning to empathize with multiple perspectives. God sees all perspectives & loves and knows each person - and uses the many different religions to connect with his children. To be more godlike, I want to appreciate & more deeply respect the good that each religion offers.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

CelestialAngel wrote: December 18th, 2017, 6:00 pm I know Jews can be Mormons, but can Buddhists be LDS because I love everything about Buddhism but would never give up my covenants in the LDS church. I feel like I'm in a dilemma and would like some help please.
I would say you can label yourself as you see fit. But a label is not necessary in order to be the thing that you want to be. It holds you back from becoming the very thing itself.

Because if you see yourself as being something. “Wise”for example. You are no longer looking to become it because you already are it in your mind.

Labels more or less act as crutch. It is Something that can help you Only to a point. After that to continue to use it only holds you back as it’s purpose has been met.

I to love and have studied Buddhism. As well as Taoism. There are wonderful truths found in both. They are not complete either but their practices bring wonderful light and knowledge just as any truths do.

I look at it this way.

Gods gosple is “truth” if you want to describe it in one word. He has given his gospel to all people of this world. So you will find it everywhere you look. All religions have it to some degree.

Satan has also taught his gospel lies to the entire world so none of the religions are without some degree of misconception or misinterpretation.

So you need to always question all learnings all supposed truths that you have learned.

Many things people believe to be truths are only partial truths. But Satan would have us believe they are the end all be all truth. To keep us from finding the deeper meaning and understanding.

This is why I love so much the teaching of many eastern philosophy. The concept of no mind. If you know that is. helps to dispel those believes Satan has tricked us into thinking to be (the truth) To keep us in that one place. Instead of further investigation or thought.
The concept of (no mind) also frees us from the “labels” that I pointed out at the beginning of this much longer post then I wanted to write . that in effect keeps us from progressing and truly becoming the things we want to be if those labels are not in place.

So go for it. Find truth. Find the gosple. Look for it everywhere.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

From President Hinckley and I believe it applies here:
God be thanked for His marvelous bestowal of testimony, authority, and doctrine associated with this, the restored Church of Jesus Christ.

This must be our great and singular message to the world. We do not offer it with boasting. We testify in humility but with gravity and absolute sincerity. We invite all, the whole earth, to listen to this account and take measure of its truth. God bless us as those who believe in His divine manifestations and help us to extend knowledge of these great and marvelous occurrences to all who will listen. To these we say in a spirit of love, bring with you all that you have of good and truth which you have received from whatever source, and come and let us see if we may add to it. This invitation I extend to men and women everywhere with my solemn testimony that this work is true

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

The essence of Buddhisim is to be a beggar and live of the charity of others. No we are taught to be self-reliant so it is spiritually dangerous.
We also have to be wise stewards over our talents and possessions - giving them all away and not using our talents for the benefit of man will result in you not fulfilling the requirements of your mortal mission. Contrary to what you think it is actually selfish.

Most practising Buddhist do not give all their stuff away like most practising Christians. I have lived in a county that was predominately Buddhist, it is just a peaceful outlook on life. What you are talking about is becoming the equivalent of a Christian Nun, but following the Buddhist religion.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Christians would acquire talents to do good and serve others (magnify the talents).

The Celestial Kingdom is here on this Earth and will be a physical reality.

Some Eastern and mystical religions discount the importance of the body and this Earth and mortality.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

A similar question has been in my mind for a while; Is it OK for an active LDS to attend a Jewish Synagogue on Saturday with their new friends, along with attending their own LDS Church faithfully on Sunday?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

:) It's your lucky day. I happen to have dealt with this question before. :)

Although answers come from the spirit of the Lord, not from us. I humbly acknowledge I would have nothing without God. We have just happened to listen before so we have some of these inspirations to give you. These answers aren't ours but gifts and treasures the Lord gave us. So I can't say that I own these answers. But I am passing them to you. If we show credit to Christ that also melts away enmity and pride. He gave us our future and the answers to gospel questions can be simply given from him.

Some cultures especially ask the question you did; specifically the Japanese missionaries and investigators. I would point out something interesting for you to watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV6Ed1Lup1Q (Bear in mind this guy isn't LDS but some of the things he says are very interesting and match what we know about the dispersion of the lost tribes, gathering of Israel, and the Book of Mormon.)

Also why do people want and like nature and peacefully going out to meditate in nature? Because there isn't enmity in nature. Nature is created by God, but where man is there is enmity. Enmity is one of the agents at work in the Telestial Kingdom. Its interesting too that in the early days before the flood, you read in the Pearl of Great Price that Enoch, who walked and talked with God, looked like a wild man when described by others. He wasn't actually wild, nor was he ugly, but just he lived naturally with the land in balance probably much the way the Native Americans did except without their bloodshed. I think probably eventually the 3 Nephites lived that way too. This is really where the attraction is. Buddhism and Shintoism are very attracted to this and somewhat appeal this trait, but its because living in harmoney with our environment has been something God has always wanted to teach people.

It's also self sufficiency. If our environment is balanced and we know how to take care of ourselves and others then we can live in peace. Peace is how to live also without living parasitically off others. (And it just so happens that scriptures describing the Millenium describe that the enmity between Judah and Ephraim will cease, but that also means the enmity of all of God's children will cease. That the mists of darkness will be gone; no confusion, and no leading people astray, a peaceful world. The mists of darkness and enmity I think are linked. That's why people seek nature. They seek to get away from that, but then deny it by sins.)

Anyway according to what's above, a few people who have studied this believe that shintoism is what's leftover of a forgotten levite priesthood of Israelites dispersed into Japan. (Now someone is going to say she said buddhism not shintoism, but the fact is that most Japanese and people associated with genes around this huge dispersion often their families are BOTH buddhism and Shintoist. This is interesting because a lot of Asian peoples don't see that you have to only choose buddhism or shintoism but live both. They will do this for funerals and big events, also on certain year markings from death days of relatives. And their ancestor worship thats found in both buddhism and shintoism is what was left over in their culture from the dispersion of Israel! This is amazing if you think about it! Ancient Israelites kept geneology! They held ancestors as important! And so many asian cultures revere and practice ancestor worship! There's a link there! How amazing is that! It comes from what's still leftover from being Israelites and Israelite inheritance that is almost forgotten but skin deep in their cultures! (This holds true of not only Japan, but I'm more aware of the Japanese traits manifested because of ties to that language. I'm sure someone will know and see versions in Korean culture and the other mongoloid cultures, which ARE connected to buddhism, shintoism, and the other countries leftover forms of shintoism!)

Several native cultures have these leftover parts, but they struggle with do I leave those behind to become a Mormon? The answer isn't that you should abandon it, but you have to avoid people that represent your old life and the negative aspects of the culture. Polynesians for example, have to watch out for making cava drinks too strong, but they don't throw away their rich heritage. Navajo and Hopi have a rich heritage and should keep that too but they struggle with contacts in their old culture can represent hate and inappropriate behaviors that they had to leave behind. So they have to do whatever they have to do to stay true to Christ. In saying that I should reword it. It's everyone that has to stay true to the idea of leaving behind the negative, and keeping the good. Everyone deals with that. But your heritage can have a use. It can help you understand who you are, and your link to Israel, and God. But you have to distance yourself from parts that will pull away from it without throwing away what's good.

By itself I am not saying that buddhism, or shintoism are inspired. That wouldn't be right. The only true truth is in Jesus Christ & his restored church, and his trying to restore our blessings to us, trying to restore the blessings of Ancient Israel back into our lives, and the inheritances and promises of being the princes and princesses of God. (Now do you see why the temple is so important?) But these old fragments and clues of passed down Israelite heritage are very much intact in some areas of the world and are so obvious when you recognize them that its almost spooky!

Why so many clues in Japanese culture though? I think that's because the Japanese weren't conquered by other peoples. So their warring didn't destroy their culture clues as much as other cultures had their clues destroyed or more hidden. England for example, had the London fires, the black plagues in several centuries, burning and sacking of monasteries and other lands every century since the Romans left. What does that mean? It means that these other cultures and lands had these clues too but because of less peace in the land and terrible destructions many clues were lost about their heritages.

I would also point out another scripture for you;

D&C 133:30
Doctrine and Covenants
And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants.

(Please bear in mind there is more than one application and meaning to the scripture above.)

However one meaning of the scripture above, is that these rich treasures were intact proofs of their links & lineage to Israel and God! Don't you think if you had proof your ancestors were the people of God, and had an inheritance with him it would be a treasure? There are also other cultures that have these treasures. Someday the Saints will be more aggressively wanting to preserve and honor them. The Hopi have these links, so do the Cherokee, several Algonquinn tribes have them (even if they don't know about them), and others had them. I also on my mission met a very energetic convert from Guatemala, he used to go out with the missionaries and was very interesting to talk to. He had his Book of Mormon full of inserts taped into it with a whole collection of these types of treasure links that were only associated with Mexico and Central America because of how many there were! One of which was that he had blue eyes, and no Caucausian ancestry. He had stories that native people in backwoods Guatemala had legends about their ancestors building a boat to cross the sea, etc, etc.) These treasures are also their geneology, also legends, stories, and proofs of them being part of Israel are some of them.) (I do think there are other 'treasures' besides these, in that this scripture has other applications too, but this is one of them.
Last edited by gardener4life on December 19th, 2017, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

CelestialAngel wrote: December 18th, 2017, 6:00 pm I know Jews can be Mormons, but can Buddhists be LDS because I love everything about Buddhism but would never give up my covenants in the LDS church. I feel like I'm in a dilemma and would like some help please.
A lot of good advice has been offered already. Personally, I see myself as a collector of truth and I search for it wherever I can and wherever it can be found. What I find is that when I bring any truth I find into the context of Mormonism, that we are children of divine parents and their plan for humanity, it helps to illuminate those truths or identify any errors. Joseph Smith and Brigham Young had some great teachings on this subject.

“One of the grand fundamental principles of Mormonism is to receive truth, let it come from whence it may.” (Discourses of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 199)

“We should gather all the good and true principles in the world and treasure them up, or we shall not come out true Mormons.” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 316)

“Mormonism is truth; and every man who embraces it feels himself at liberty to embrace every truth: consequently the shackles of superstition, bigotry, ignorance, and priestcraft, fall at once from his neck; and his eyes are opened to see the truth, and truth greatly prevails over priestcraft… Mormonism is truth, in other words the doctrine of the Latter-day Saints, is truth. … The first and fundamental principle of our holy religion is, that we believe that we have a right to embrace all, and every item of truth, without limitation or without being circumscribed or prohibited by the creeds or superstitious notions of men, or by the dominations of one another, when that truth is clearly demonstrated to our minds, and we have the highest degree of evidence of the same.” (Letter from Joseph Smith to Isaac Galland, Mar. 22, 1839, Liberty Jail, Liberty, Missouri, published in Times and Seasons, Feb. 1840, pp. 53–54; spelling and grammar modernized.)

“I want to say to my friends that we believe in all good. If you can find a truth in heaven, earth or hell, it belongs to our doctrine. We believe it; it is ours; we claim it.” (DBY, 2)

“Mormonism,” so-called, embraces every principle pertaining to life and salvation, for time and eternity. No matter who has it. If the infidel has got truth it belongs to “Mormonism.” The truth and sound doctrine possessed by the sectarian world, and they have a great deal, all belong to this Church. As for their morality, many of them are, morally, just as good as we are. All that is good, lovely, and praiseworthy belongs to this Church and Kingdom. “Mormonism” includes all truth. There is no truth but what belongs to the Gospel. It is life, eternal life; it is bliss; it is the fulness of all things in the gods and in the eternities of the gods.” (DBY, 3)

It is our duty and calling, as ministers of the same salvation and Gospel, to gather every item of truth and reject every error. Whether a truth be found with professed infidels, or with the Universalists, or the Church of Rome, or the Methodists, the Church of England, the Presbyterians, the Baptists, the Quakers, the Shakers, or any other of the various and numerous different sects and parties, all of whom have more or less truth, it is the business of the Elders of this Church (Jesus, their Elder Brother, being at their head) to gather up all the truths in the world pertaining to life and salvation, to the Gospel we preach, … to the sciences, and to philosophy, wherever it may be found in every nation, kindred, tongue, and people and bring it to Zion.” (DBY, 248)

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Anything truly good found in Buddhism is already found in TCoJCoLDS. Live the Gospel fully, not in a social or cultural way, but in a scriptural and revelatory way, and you will find this to be true. Many good posts already. Thanks!

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Crackers wrote: December 19th, 2017, 10:13 am Anything truly good found in Buddhism is already found in TCoJCoLDS. Live the Gospel fully, not in a social or cultural way, but in a scriptural and revelatory way, and you will find this to be true. Many good posts already. Thanks!
So some degree that is true. There are many principles that are mentioned in the doctrine of the Lds church that do not have very much info or guidance with them. That I find other religions like Taoism explains it in much greater details.

I often wonder if the lost pages of the Book of Mormon contained more teachings on those truths and principles.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

gardener4life wrote: December 19th, 2017, 3:22 am D&C 133:30
Doctrine and Covenants
And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants.

(Please bear in mind there is more than one application and meaning to the scripture above.)

However one meaning of the scripture above, is that these rich treasures were intact proofs of their links & lineage to Israel and God! Don't you think if you had proof your ancestors were the people of God, and had an inheritance with him it would be a treasure? There are also other cultures that have these treasures. Someday the Saints will be more aggressively wanting to preserve and honor them. The Hopi have these links, so do the Cherokee, several Algonquinn tribes have them (even if they don't know about them), and others had them. I also on my mission met a very energetic convert from Guatemala, he used to go out with the missionaries and was very interesting to talk to. He had his Book of Mormon full of inserts taped into it with a whole collection of these types of treasure links that were only associated with Mexico and Central America because of how many there were! One of which was that he had blue eyes, and no Caucausian ancestry. He had stories that native people in backwoods Guatemala had legends about their ancestors building a boat to cross the sea, etc, etc.) These treasures are also their geneology, also legends, stories, and proofs of them being part of Israel are some of them.) (I do think there are other 'treasures' besides these, in that this scripture has other applications too, but this is one of them.
This is the rich treasures, the words of the prophets and Jesus visit to the lost tribes the other sheep. They are in the north countries not central america..... For the most part we can learn some (only tiny tip bits of wisdom) from other cultures but not much. Taking on their way of life that is total religion based is very dangerous. There are only two churches the church of God and the church of the devil.

2 Nephi 29:13
13 And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews.

1 Nephi 14:10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Jew is a race, so of course you can be a Jew and a Mormon, just as you can be an Englishman and a Mormon.
Buddhism is a religion, so no you cannot be a Buddhist and a Mormon, just as you can't be a Muslim and an Mormon.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

drtanner wrote: December 18th, 2017, 7:46 pm
That's the problem with other religions. It's not the red devil with the bifurcated tail and pitchfork who will lead you astray, it's the subtle benevolent sounding ones. Buddhism, and even more so Taoism have great practices which are admirable and noble, but they're going to try to convince people of a false concept of God rather than prayer and scripture study of how He sent His Son to earth.

Many of the Asian religions have deep beauty and appeal. Ultimately, however, they will lead you to a false interpretation of the Atonement, which is absolutely necessary and unreplaceable with Tao or Zen or Shinto or Manichaeism or Confucianism.

I will admit some of the works of Confucius and Mencius are quite good. Sun Tzu's The Art of War is also good.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Robin Hood wrote: December 19th, 2017, 2:09 pm Jew is a race, so of course you can be a Jew and a Mormon, just as you can be an Englishman and a Mormon.
Buddhism is a religion, so no you cannot be a Buddhist and a Mormon, just as you can't be a Muslim and an Mormon.
Outsiders define Mormonism as a cult, but we prefer our own definition. Buddhists do not consider Buddhism a religion. You may, but I ask: Who do they worship?

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

skmo wrote: December 19th, 2017, 4:27 pm
drtanner wrote: December 18th, 2017, 7:46 pm
That's the problem with other religions. It's not the red devil with the bifurcated tail and pitchfork who will lead you astray, it's the subtle benevolent sounding ones. Buddhism, and even more so Taoism have great practices which are admirable and noble, but they're going to try to convince people of a false concept of God rather than prayer and scripture study of how He sent His Son to earth.

Many of the Asian religions have deep beauty and appeal. Ultimately, however, they will lead you to a false interpretation of the Atonement, which is absolutely necessary and unreplaceable with Tao or Zen or Shinto or Manichaeism or Confucianism.

I will admit some of the works of Confucius and Mencius are quite good. Sun Tzu's The Art of War is also good.
CelestialAngel,

Are you looking for a concept of God in Buddhism or do you just like how meditation and gratitude for the earth connect you to the Heavenly Father and Christ? My assumption is that you have a testimony of the the Restored Church but appreciate how these other things enhance your relationship with God and his creations but I don’t want to assume and give you the opportunity to clarify.

I will say the more I study and come to know God I think he desires to bless us with the things of the earth so long as our heart is centered on lifting the poor, the sick and those less fortunate. I don’t agree with those who think that his expectation is to for everyone to abandon all earthy possessions in every case to come know God intimately or that it is “always” a pre-requisite to certain spiritual blessings. The Book of Mormon clearly illistrates this as well as the D&C. The test of the rich young man for example in my opinion had nothing to do with his possessions but everything to do with his heart. I believe if his heart would have willingly gave all to the poor he most likely would not have not been asked to sell everything. Our relationship with God is not a bi-product of leaving what he has entrusted us as a steward over materially but rather a bi-product of our heart backed up with obedience.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

A Mormon accepts truth wherever it is found. There is truth found in Buddhism but not everything taught in Buddhism is truth. I find myself enjoying some of the messages from Buddhists I've listened to on YouTube (such as Alan Watts - though I don't necessarily agree with all of it). There are some interesting concepts, especially regarding Zen minimalism.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Matchmaker wrote: December 19th, 2017, 2:47 am A similar question has been in my mind for a while; Is it OK for an active LDS to attend a Jewish Synagogue on Saturday with their new friends, along with attending their own LDS Church faithfully on Sunday?
We just asked our bishop about this as we want to visit some other faiths for cultural understanding. He said as long as we're not looking find problems within the church or participate in worshipping other gods that it's a great idea.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

SmallFarm wrote: December 19th, 2017, 4:38 pm
Robin Hood wrote: December 19th, 2017, 2:09 pm Jew is a race, so of course you can be a Jew and a Mormon, just as you can be an Englishman and a Mormon.
Outsiders define Mormonism as a cult, but we prefer our own definition. Buddhists do not consider Buddhism a religion. You may, but I ask: Who do they worship?
My brother-in-law is a Buddhist and has been for more than 40 years.
It's a religion.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Robin Hood wrote: December 20th, 2017, 1:57 am
SmallFarm wrote: December 19th, 2017, 4:38 pm
My brother-in-law is a Buddhist and has been for more than 40 years.
It's a religion.
I already knew you thought it was a religion
I noticed you didn't answer my question =P