The Great Congressional Pervert Purge

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

The Great Congressional Pervert Purge

Post by EmmaLee »

Coming To Congress: The Great Pervert Purge

By Joseph Curl
@josephcurl
December 8, 2017

The Great Pervert Purge has begun in the Washington Capitol — and more heads will be rolling any day now.

So far this week, three elected federal lawmakers have fallen to sex charges: Rep. Al Franken (D-MN), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), and Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ).

Now, one senator wants to open the floodgates. Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) is asking the Senate to give him information about sexual harassment claims and settlements against senators and their staffers.

"I plan to publicly disclose this information because I believe it will provide some insight into the scope of the problem and help determine solutions for preventing and addressing future incidents," Kaine wrote in his request to the Senate Office of Compliance, which handles congressional workplace complaints.

The Virginia Democrat said sexual misconduct would continue in Congress if reports of such actions are hidden away, as they are now. The Office of Compliance has a complicated procedure for women to report sexual misconduct — one that is more geared toward keeping the alleged perpetrator masked than helping the victim

The office last month released data showing more than $17 million in taxpayer funds was paid to settle cases of sexual harassment (and racial discrimination) last year involving lawmakers and staff.

“This pervasive problem continues to serve as a barrier to ensure true gender equality. At a more personal level, it signals the failure of our society to guarantee even the basic safety and dignity of our colleagues, classmates, friends, family, and neighbors,” Kaine wrote in a statement on Thursday.

“Indeed, how we respond establishes the standard for others. A lax or indifferent response, marked only by symbolic changes, signals that we consider the issue a low priority. But a strong response that seeks to establish true accountability will hopefully encourage others to follow,” he said.

The House Ethics Committee has also asked the office to release information about House members and staffers.

But not all info would be released. While Kaine pledged "transparency," he said information that would "breach any confidentiality agreement between the parties or the identities of the survivors and the accused" would not be released.

It's been a busy week on Capitol Hill.

Franken faced allegations from eight women before he took the Senate floor on Thursday to announce that while he's always been "a champion of women," he was going to step down rather than wait for a Senate Ethics Committee to rule on the matter. Rep. John Conyers, the longest serving member in the House, faced numerous allegations that he sexually accosted former staffers, and even paid one $27,000 to keep quiet. And Rep. Trent Franks, well, he says he's leaving office because he asked two former staffers if they'd act as surrogate mothers, but rumors have swirled for years about the pug-faced lawmaker, so who knows.

That makes two Democrats and a Republican — in a week.

There are others in the cloak room, like Rep. Ruben Kihuen, Nevada Democrat. Last year, a 25-year-old woman left her job on his campaign because she says he repeatedly propositioned her for dates and sex. Kihuen said on Friday, “I sincerely apologize for anything that I may have said or done that made her feel uncomfortable," but added that Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) knew about the allegations before he ran for office.

And The New York Times last week reported that Rep. Blake Farenthold, Texas Republican, used $84,000 in taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment claim against him.

Chaos is descending on Capitol Hill, but there is method in the madness. Democrats had to sacrifice Franken if they hope to derail Judge Roy Moore, a Senate candidate in Alabama who has been accused of sexual misconduct. They couldn't seek to hold Moore to high standards if they turned a blind eye toward Franken.

Talk show host Laura Ingraham succinctly summed up the Democrats' goal.

"They’ve come down with a sudden case of feverish morality, but what it really is nothing more than a political calculation by the Dems. It sets the precedent for the Democrats to try to drive Roy Moore from office should he win the Alabama Senate race. And, two, this is the next step in the quest to impeach President Trump," she said on Fox News.

So this is not over. Not by a long shot.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24466/com ... benshapiro

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Great Congressional Pervert Purge

Post by EmmaLee »

Two Texas Democrats Accused Of Sexual Misconduct, Urged To Resign

By Ryan Saavedra
December 8, 2017

Two-Texas state senators are being urged to resign after a new report released Wednesday night documented multiple allegations of sexual assault and harassment.

Sen. Borris Miles (D-Houston) and Sen. Carlos Uresti (D-San Antonio) engaged in a pattern of inappropriate touches and comments toward women at the Texas State Capitol over a period of years, The Daily Beast reported.

The report documents allegations from multiple unnamed women who claim that they were forcibly kissed by the two Democrats and that they also experienced forms of sexual harassment.

One accuser, identified as Lauren, claimed that Miles offered her money in exchange for sexual intercourse in May 2013.

“You know how you have the roll of hundreds that you see on TV? It was like that,” Lauren said. “I said, ‘Hi Representative, how are you?’ Then he slowly looked me up and down, counted out more money, reached out his hand and said, ‘B****h, you want to f**k with me tonight?’”

Lauren recalled rejecting the Democratic state senator’s offer as she stepped back while his intern hinted to him that it was time to go.

“Everyone was just shocked that he said that—that he cussed at me and that he was offering me money. It was outrageous,” Lauren continued. “I just remember thinking, ‘I need to go, and I need to not be here anymore.’”

A political consultant who worked in the Capitol, identified as Margaret, claims to have been sexually harassed by both men.

Margaret alleges that Miles “touched her hip, and complimented her breasts.”

However, four years before being sexually harassed by Miles, Margaret claims that Uresti harassed her multiple times — calling him “one of the worst.”

Uresti allegedly stopped her and said, “I can tell you’re wearing a thong, is it polka-dots to match your dress?”

“I remember being horrified,” Margaret recalled. “I don’t remember if I said ‘No’ or ‘It’s none of your business,’ but I ran up the stairs. … It was really scary and really uncomfortable.”

“[Uresti] was one of the worst,” Margaret continued. “He would check me out all the time. … He gave me inappropriate hugs. He put his hands on me, he ogled me. I would not get in an elevator with him. If members were having dinner and he was going to be there, I stopped going.”

Now an “influential” political group in Texas is calling for the two Democrats to resign, The Texas Tribune reported.

Patsy Woods Martin, the executive director of Annie's List — which works to get female Democrats elected to public office in Texas — released the following statement after The Daily Beast published their report:

As we know all too well, men like Borris Miles and Carlos Uresti have been asserting themselves upon others without their permission for millenniums. What is new is that now we’re calling it out, taking these instances out of the shadows of shame and doubt that perpetrators, and their enablers, have foisted upon women.

Uresti issued the following statement in response to the sexual allegations made against him:

While the story ends that the people being interviewed for this story "asked not to be named," such un-sourced accusations, without specific information as to time, place or alleged accuser, prevents me from being able to defend myself from completely unfounded innuendo.

I know that sexual harassment has no place in the Capitol or in any other workplace. I believe the recent media exposure of improper conduct in the workplace with respect to media executives, news personalities and Washington politicians is both proper and constructive. ... In this vein, I will be joining my colleagues to implement a comprehensive sexual harassment policy and trainings in the Texas Senate as soon as possible.

Miles issued the following statement in response to the sexual allegations made against him:

I have had the privilege of representing the constituents of District 146 and Senate District 13 for over 10 years. Because I’ve shown myself to be an effective voice of the people, I have made powerful enemies who will go to any length to destroy and disrupt my service. I will not continue to address anonymous accusations that attack my personal and professional character as an effective lawmaker. Sexual harassment is a serious offense and I plan to join my colleagues in the Senate in developing policy that allows all people due process and assurances they may work effectively in a fair and safe environment.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24458/rep ... n-saavedra

eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: The Great Congressional Pervert Purge

Post by eddie »

All of this concerning Congress, the senate and the media, coming out makes me laugh! They are such hypocrites! Matt Lauer commented endlessly about what Trump said, and look at what little Matt was doing...Hollywood deserves what they are getting, they are more corrupt than the politicians