On Christmas remember Mohammed

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

On Christmas remember Mohammed

Post by Fiannan »

"Normally at Christmas we think of the Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. I wonder though if this year we might remember how the story of the nativity unfolds, with the fleeing of the holy family to escape violent persecution. And we might also remember that when the prophet Muhammad migrated from Mecca to Medina he was seeking the freedom for himself and his followers to worship.

Whichever religious path we follow, the destination is the same – to value and respect the other person, accepting their right to live out their peaceful response to the love of God," he said.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinhol ... d-n2262737

Any thoughts on this?

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: On Christmas remember Mohammed

Post by oneClimbs »

Christmas is a man-made holiday so we can make it whatever we want. I have a Koran and have found some good things in it. I love to study other religions and collect any truth and light I find. Personally, I keep Christmas focused on the birth of Christ since that is the traditional purpose of the holiday. If someone wants to tweak it for their own purposes then that's their prerogative.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Fiannan wrote: December 8th, 2017, 8:02 am
"Normally at Christmas we think of the Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. I wonder though if this year we might remember how the story of the nativity unfolds, with the fleeing of the holy family to escape violent persecution. And we might also remember that when the prophet Muhammad migrated from Mecca to Medina he was seeking the freedom for himself and his followers to worship.

Whichever religious path we follow, the destination is the same – to value and respect the other person, accepting their right to live out their peaceful response to the love of God," he said.

Any thoughts on this?
This is fine, so long as we remember Christ on Ramadan because he fasted too.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Robin Hood wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:24 am
Fiannan wrote: December 8th, 2017, 8:02 am

Any thoughts on this?

This is fine, so long as we remember Christ on Ramadan because he fasted too.

Touche! 8-)

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

There is only one worthy of remembrance and that is Jesus Christ.

There is no one else worthy of celebration. Not Moses or Joseph Smith. No one, except Jesus, is worthy of holiday, a hymn, or a statue.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

mes5464 wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:32 am There is only one worthy of remembrance and that is Jesus Christ.

There is no one else worthy of celebration. Not Moses or Joseph Smith. No one, except Jesus, is worthy of holiday, a hymn, or a statue.
I agree with this, except for the statue bit.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Isn't Prince Charles both a descendant of Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) and Mohammed?

https://islamicarchives.wordpress.com/2 ... -upon-him/

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Well... I have no choice to remember my mom cause that's her birthday! :D

#BahHumbug

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Robin Hood wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:52 am
mes5464 wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:32 am There is only one worthy of remembrance and that is Jesus Christ.

I agree with your agree except for the hymn. I like Praise to the Man. I also don't mind statues- I don't worship them but they are more of a reminder much like a painting. I'm okay with paintings.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

e-eye2.0 wrote: December 8th, 2017, 12:58 pm
Robin Hood wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:52 am

I agree with your agree except for the hymn. I like Praise to the Man. I also don't mind statues- I don't worship them but they are more of a reminder much like a painting. I'm okay with paintings.
Some would say you should not make any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Prince Charles may not be a wacky as the pope, but he is close.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

I have to disagree. Had you said: "No one except God (to include Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is worthy of your worship" I would agree.

However, I think it's appropriate we have a holiday to remember Columbus (even though I'm a Native American, and leftists think I'm supposed to hate him) and George Washington, and the veterans who have fought for our freedom. I think it's appropriate there is a day to remember Mahatma Gandhi.

There's a difference between a hymn and a song, and I certainly thing songs about people are good, but I also like "Praise To The Man" and "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet."

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Basically the elitists in the European Union are catering to Islam groups. They are doing this because its profitable. If you are high up in class distinction system then you can gain more by sacrificing and turning an educated hard to control group into a medieval system or medieval based culture that rapidly accepts and promotes domination and bias with living slavery type systems. (For years and...some still are under this impression...that they can 'tame' these wild people from the Middle East that live a culture of hate.)

Catering to these people is extremely dangerous. They also wouldn't be fooled by it and would see it something this; 'hah look this guy is weak, thinking he can sweet talk us'.

Also the strategy of this leader;

Did you wonder why Trudeau and Canada wanted to accept refugees? Why did the Clintons and others want foreigners in the US? Why did Merkel allow an obvious way too many refugees into her own country to drown her own system and people out? (Basically they thought they could gain by living in and under the delusion that Islam would accept them ruling over Islam (which wouldn't be accepted. They would be betrayed and run out after being used up for being Westerners.)

These people think if they embrace those cultures that they can use their 'tools' and gain from certain things they have. There are people that have joined Islam for example because Islam promoters sell that if you fight for them in the Middle East you can have blue eyed blonde women as sex slaves and as many as you can handle.

Now obviously there are varying degrees of this and how into this delusion people are. Some are just naive that if they say the right things those people won't want to kill westerners. (Not true.) And some are under this delusion that also that a bully can be reformed by being kind to them. (Without thinking that hardened criminals only respect cruelty and strength, and have no concept of kindness being strength.)

Some people want to displace native voters with an easy to mislead and confuse voters or voters that can be suppressed. Democrats like the Clintons and Obama wanted a high amount of illegal voters to help push them to get elected and to at some point get rid of term limits. They see places in Europe, Asia, that have near infinite terms on leadership of countries and are practically foaming at the mouth to get us to accept it. (There are many dangers to globalism.)

So this article is an elitist in another country trying to do the same mistakes that some have done in others.

Leaders should always take care of their own people first! Others second! (Self sufficiency but not as a class distinction system.)

Now here's also an interesting thought. The fact that this guy can say that and not get in trouble for it is proof that that government system and others similar to it don't have a way of accountability to normal citizens. This is a proof of corruption. There should be a way for people on the grass roots citizen levels to outcry to those above peacefully on what they think is good for their country and to follow through with it. To be fair, all countries have some trouble with this. Even the US needs ways we can hold people in Congress available and get them replaced who are doing evil. (cough...McCain...cough.)

Also I think British people are wonderful. I hope I don't offend any people from there. There's a reason they were a country so long and I think that's because a lot of good people have come out of there. But the leaders there should clearly put their own culture as a priority to defend, not some regime hate culture (that's a warlordism system NOT a religion...per BIll Warner and guys like Paul Weston they are extremely dangerous.) that wants to kill and enslave their own people.

Islam is a warlord system of domination. They will never want to be friends because they are raised that there is no peace but just instead you are making the other person fall to sleep while you build up your forces to later attack. They see peace as weakness and that even people of their own culture should be dominated. You can find scriptures in the Koran justifying and teaching rape and murder as being good according to their prophet.

My notes above are fact based not hate for them. I worry that if people don't see them for what they are (dangerous) that they will open the door for Trojan Horses much like what's happened in Sweden, Germany, and Britain. The best defense is to understand what and how they think. (This can be mistaken for bias but I'm just telling you what they have said themselves in their own writing, and videos that you can find on the net.

Look up 'Why we are afraid by Bill Warner' on youtube. It's pretty amazing.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

What about his Father and God and our Father and God?

Also pretty sure Christ would rather us celebrate his bday on the actual day and not the wrong one... or maybe not at all I don’t remember the scriptures anywhere saying we should have a holiday to remember his birth on the wrong day

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

sandman45 wrote: December 11th, 2017, 7:00 pm

What about his Father and God and our Father and God?

Also pretty sure Christ would rather us celebrate his bday on the actual day and not the wrong one... or maybe not at all I don’t remember the scriptures anywhere saying we should have a holiday to remember his birth on the wrong day
The idea that none is worthy denies the concept of repentance and righteousness. Many people throughout the Old Testament described as being imperfect but righteous showed us that we can be 'acceptable' before God. Many times people also use ancestors or family members of examples to those growing up as someone to be like.

I kind of understand the idea of avoiding to worship man. However, I think people use the idea of anyone used as an example needs to be rebelled against. Rebellion is serving Satan. People will use any excuse to rebel and its common that children and teenagers will show rebellion when the parents leave the house with another guardian watching the house besides the parents. Kids will act sweet and nice then when the teacher is sick they will foment rebellion and anger on the 'outsider'. So I would be careful in saying no one can be worthy but Jesus, though I understand the example above is about avoiding the worship of men. We should still be willing to accept positive role models that follow God however. (I honestly don't think sports athletes should be athletes. They bring in the worship of materialism too much, and other influences.)

nancyvinci92
captain of 10

Post by nancyvinci92 »

LdsMarco wrote: December 8th, 2017, 12:48 pm Well... I have no choice to remember my mom cause that's her birthday! :D

#BahHumbug
:D

More importantly, remember people who love and care for you.