Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I don't vote

Post by lundbaek »

Thanks for the reminder of the possibility of our discussions here being monitored by latter-day gadiantons for a future round-up. There are, however, other more prominent freedom advocates and whistle blowers who are a lot more influential than any of us. I am watching a couple of them.

nancyvinci92
captain of 10

Post by nancyvinci92 »

Neither do I. Voting for a person based on what they show on live television seems like ignorance and bad judgement.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

To those of you who choose to not vote, that's just fine. You'd just contribute to making things worse if you did vote.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing.

Satan knows this. And it’s why so many were cast out of heaven in the pre existence. He got so many to simply not choose a side. Got them to do nothing And the lord cast them out.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Neither do I. Voting for a person based on what they show on live television seems like ignorance and bad judgement.
You can find people running for office who do have honest intentions.

Doesn't hurt to 'write in' those worthy of representing you...or...run for office yourself. Start at the local level.

nancyvinci92
captain of 10

Post by nancyvinci92 »

Honestly, I just feel it's better to remain dormant if I don't have a clue about the political system of the nation.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Nancy, I can well understand your desire to remain dormant on matters political if you feel that you don't have a clue about the political system of the nation. And since late 1988 the Prophets and Apostles have said no more in public about the Constitution, freedom, and about the dangers to our freedoms and our responsibility to preserve our freedoms. President Benson was the last Prophet to speak about our doctrinal imperative to preserve liberty when he told us in October 1987 that "We must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers." I just recently read on an email that according to his son Reed Benson he was directed by the Lord to discontinue talking on that theme. Sorry I cannot find it now. However, I think a careful study of certain verses in the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants might inspire you (or any LDS) to endeavour to learn the principles of the US Constitution as it was meant to be understood, and to learn about the secret combinations and gadiantons discussed i detail in the Book of Mormon. Those scriptures are still valid and very informative.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

lundbaek wrote: December 15th, 2017, 12:14 am Nancy, I can well understand your desire to remain dormant on matters political if you feel that you don't have a clue about the political system of the nation. And since late 1988 the Prophets and Apostles have said no more in public about the Constitution, freedom, and about the dangers to our freedoms and our responsibility to preserve our freedoms. President Benson was the last Prophet to speak about our doctrinal imperative to preserve liberty when he told us in October 1987 that "We must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers." I just recently read on an email that according to his son Reed Benson he was directed by the Lord to discontinue talking on that theme. Sorry I cannot find it now. However, I think a careful study of certain verses in the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants might inspire you (or any LDS) to endeavour to learn the principles of the US Constitution as it was meant to be understood, and to learn about the secret combinations and gadiantons discussed i detail in the Book of Mormon. Those scriptures are still valid and very informative.
To add to lundbeak and clarify. President benson was guided to not talk on the subject of constitutionality in the same way that the spirit restrained Nephi and other prophets in the Book of Mormon from saying more at that time. We all need to remember

2 Nephi 28:30

30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

The majority of lds through all the modern prophets including Ezra Taft Benson who spoke of the need for us to understand and defend the constitution and our freedoms have been disregarded or ignored.

To continue to speak would only be that much more Damning for them. Also from my understanding from Ezra Taft Benson is that the modern gadianton robbers would crush the church. This quote is from his talk in conference.

“And now as to the last neutralizer that the devil uses most effectively—it is simply this: "Don't do anything in the fight for freedom until the Church sets up its own specific program to save the Constitution." This brings us right back to the scripture I opened with today—to those slothful servants who will not do anything until they are "compelled in all things." Maybe the Lord will never set up a specific church program for the purpose of saving the Constitution. Perhaps if he set one up at this time it might split the Church asunder, and perhaps he does not want that to happen yet for not all the wheat and tares are fully ripe (D&C 86:7).

The Prophet Joseph Smith declared it will be the elders of Israel who will step forward to help save the Constitution, not the Church. And have we elders been warned? Yes, we have. And have we elders been given the guide lines? Yes indeed, we have. And besides, if the Church should ever inaugurate a program, who do you think would be in the forefront to get it moving? It would not be those who were sitting on the sidelines prior to that time or those who were appeasing the enemy. It would be those choice spirits who, not waiting to be "commanded in all things" (D&C 58:26), used their own free will, the counsel of the prophets, and the Spirit of the Lord as guidelines and who entered the battle "in a good cause" and brought to pass much righteousness in freedom's cause.

Years ago Elder Joseph F. Merrill of the Council of the Twelve encouraged the members of the Church to join right-to-work leagues and President Heber J. Grant concurred. For our day President David O. McKay has called communism the greatest threat to the Church, and it is certainly the greatest mortal threat this country has ever faced. What are you doing to fight it?

"The War in Heaven" Is Raging on Earth Today

Brethren, if we had done our homework and were faithful, we could step forward at this time and help save this country. The fact that most of us are unprepared to do it is an indictment we will have to bear. The longer we wait, the heavier the chains, the deeper the blood, the more the persecution, and the less we can carry out our God-given mandate and worldwide mission. The war in heaven is raging on earth today. Are you being neutralized in the battle?

"Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;

"For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves" (D&C 58:27-28).

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.”

Oct 65

I don’t want to stand on the side of those who are being neutralized by Satan. I want to be on the lords side fighting this battle. The longer we wait the heavier the chains.

It’s fighting the good fight. Vs being fooled and neutralized by Satan.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"The majority of lds through all the modern prophets including Ezra Taft Benson who spoke of the need for us to understand and defend the constitution and our freedoms have been disregarded or ignored."

"Brethren, if we had done our homework and were faithful, we could step forward at this time and help save this country. The fact that most of us are unprepared to do it is an indictment we will have to bear. The longer we wait, the heavier the chains, the deeper the blood, the more the persecution, and the less we can carry out our God-given mandate and worldwide mission. The war in heaven is raging on earth today. Are you being neutralized in the battle?"

I believe that if lots more members of the Church had responded positively to these statements and others similar, America would not be in the "awful situation" that it is in today.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

lundbaek wrote: December 15th, 2017, 10:26 am "The majority of lds through all the modern prophets including Ezra Taft Benson who spoke of the need for us to understand and defend the constitution and our freedoms have been disregarded or ignored."

"Brethren, if we had done our homework and were faithful, we could step forward at this time and help save this country. The fact that most of us are unprepared to do it is an indictment we will have to bear. The longer we wait, the heavier the chains, the deeper the blood, the more the persecution, and the less we can carry out our God-given mandate and worldwide mission. The war in heaven is raging on earth today. Are you being neutralized in the battle?"

I believe that if lots more members of the Church had responded positively to these statements and others similar, America would not be in the "awful situation" that it is in today.
You make no sense. 6,000,000 Mormons in US, 380,000,000 people in US.

That isn’t enough to effect a change.

The US and other gentile nations rejected the gospel. That is why the world is in a mess.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

O ye of little faith who do not believe that if lots more members of the Church had responded positively to these statements and others similar, America would not be in the "awful situation" that it is in today. I don't think Church authorities, especially Presidents McKay, Clark, and Benson were so ignorant as some LDSs seem to think they were.

I believe that at his point we are beyond the point of no return, and will not see the principles of the US Constitution again until after the cleansing of America. And maybe those men saw that then. But our efforts in restoring constitutional principles are awakening some people, including a few LDS people, to the advisability of learning, upholding and abiding by the principles of the Constitution, thus more people to be part of that remnant that will, as prophesied, restore the principles of the Constitution to government.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

lundbaek wrote: December 15th, 2017, 11:05 am O ye of little faith who do not believe that if lots more members of the Church had responded positively to these statements and others similar, America would not be in the "awful situation" that it is in today. I don't think Church authorities, especially Presidents McKay, Clark, and Benson were so ignorant as some LDSs seem to think they were.

I believe that at his point we are beyond the point of no return, and will not see the principles of the US Constitution again until after the cleansing of America. And maybe those men saw that then. But our efforts in restoring constitutional principles are awakening some people, including a few LDS people, to the advisability of learning, upholding and abiding by the principles of the Constitution, thus more people to be part of that remnant that will, as prophesied, restore the principles of the Constitution to government.
Your numbers don’t compute.

By the way, would you rob God?

Yes, God invokes a 10% tax, called tithing.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

What is that supposed to mean?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Fiannan wrote: December 15th, 2017, 12:15 pm

The US has income tax. God has tithing.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Arenera wrote: December 15th, 2017, 12:19 pm

One you can be jailed for not paying. The other you have a choice.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Fiannan wrote: December 15th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Pay it now or pay for it later. A choice, with serious consequences.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

Fiannan wrote: December 15th, 2017, 1:40 pm
Actually, in both you have a choice. Relative to not tithing, you have to play by the rules of their rigged game. A friend of mine is a staunch proponent of agency and liberty. He hasn't paid the hit men for the non-federal no-reserve for many years without issue.

And it's same story with licensure to drive. My friend knows his rights in that he even made his own license plate, which he doesn't need to register. When the occasional ignorant officer summons him to court, the judge always dismisses the non-case.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

I vote every year. Even the local town and county elections matter to me. Sorry, but I am going to make a statement as to who I think is best suited for office whenever I can.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Satan uses force, god uses agency.

Income tax vs tithing is a great example.

You continue to show you prefer Satan’s plan.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Arenera wrote: December 15th, 2017, 10:35 am
lundbaek wrote: December 15th, 2017, 10:26 am "The majority of lds through all the modern prophets including Ezra Taft Benson who spoke of the need for us to understand and defend the constitution and our freedoms have been disregarded or ignored."

You make no sense. 6,000,000 Mormons in US, 380,000,000 people in US.

That isn’t enough to effect a change.

The US and other gentile nations rejected the gospel. That is why the world is in a mess.

A prophet of god said it was possible. Are you more learned and wise then a prophet of god????

You sure seem to think so.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

CelestialAngel wrote: December 15th, 2017, 5:56 pm
Benjamin_LK wrote: December 15th, 2017, 5:55 pm I vote every year. Even the local town and county elections matter to me. Sorry, but I am going to make a statement as to who I think is best suited for office whenever I can.
You seem to be obsessed though seeing as that you have a waving american flag as your avatar.
That was very astute! I'm sure I don't even have to tell you how obsessed I am with crackers. It's all I eat, all day every day. Great for your energy. Does wonders for the skin. I even decorate with them....

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Ezra wrote: December 15th, 2017, 9:47 pm
A prophet of god said it was possible. Are you more learned and wise then a prophet of god????

I've shown that your 1% solution has no chance.

What do you recommend people do? I know your AR-15s aren't going to help you either. What are you suggesting?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Arenera wrote: December 16th, 2017, 8:20 am

What do you recommend people do? I know your AR-15s aren't going to help you either. What are you suggesting?
You have shown only your own ignorance.

Oh ye of little faith. If a prophet of God says something you don’t agree with or understand what should you do??
Complain? Turn your back? Scoff and belittle those that do??

The answer is easy. You pray for understanding. If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God.

The power of the priesthood is truly powerful.

Have you experienced the power of the priesthood in your life???

The way you speak I find myself asking. Do you even believe in the gospel?? I really want to know do you?

If you do believe in the gospel you should know that through God all things are possible.

From your comments I feel you trust in government and man more then God. Your foundations are built on sand.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Ezra wrote: December 16th, 2017, 8:44 am

Oh ye of little faith. If a prophet of God says something you don’t agree with or understand what should you do??

The answer is easy. You pray for understanding. If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God.

The way you speak I find myself asking. Do you even believe in the gospel?? I really want to know do you?

If you do believe in the gospel you should know that through God all things are possible.

From your comments I feel you trust in government and man more then God. Your foundations are built on sand.
Power of the Priesthood = Charity and humility. Notice the comments some of you make to try and prove your position.

I think you are Birchers.
The John Birch Society (JBS) is a self-described conservative advocacy group supporting anti-communism and limited government. It has been described as a radical right and far-right organization.

Former Eisenhower cabinet member Ezra Taft Benson—a leading Mormon—spoke in favor of the John Birch Society, but in January 1963 the LDS church issued a statement distancing itself from the Society.

The Society has been active in supporting the auditing of, and aims to eventually dismantle, the Federal Reserve System. The JBS holds that the United States Constitution gives only Congress the ability to coin money, and does not permit it to delegate this power, or to transform the dollar into a fiat currency not backed by gold or silver.
While you try to quote the Book of Mormon, you are missing the point of the Book of Mormon for our time.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Arenera wrote: December 16th, 2017, 9:46 am
Ezra wrote: December 16th, 2017, 8:44 am

Power of the Priesthood = Charity and humility. Notice the comments some of you make to try and prove your position.

I think you are Birchers.
The John Birch Society (JBS) is a self-described conservative advocacy group supporting anti-communism and limited government. It has been described as a radical right and far-right organization.

Former Eisenhower cabinet member Ezra Taft Benson—a leading Mormon—spoke in favor of the John Birch Society, but in January 1963 the LDS church issued a statement distancing itself from the Society.

The Society has been active in supporting the auditing of, and aims to eventually dismantle, the Federal Reserve System. The JBS holds that the United States Constitution gives only Congress the ability to coin money, and does not permit it to delegate this power, or to transform the dollar into a fiat currency not backed by gold or silver.
While you try to quote the Book of Mormon, you are missing the point of the Book of Mormon for our time.
You really want to label me don’t you. I’m not a bircher.

Your wrong once again. Wow what a surprise.

Priesthood power doesn’t equal humility and charity. Those are characteristics of of people who “can” use the power. Not what the power is.

The Book of Mormon use for our time has been explained explained many time. Once again you show your ignorance.

Here is yet another time I get to quote prophets that you will continue to ignore to claim your position that is not based in reality or righteousness.

Gordon b Hinkley

“The Book of Mormon narrative is a chronicle of nations long since gone. But in its descriptions of the problems of today’s society, it is as current as the morning newspaper and much more definitive, inspired, and inspiring concerning the solutions of those problems.

I know of no other writing which sets forth with such clarity the tragic consequences to societies that follow courses contrary to the commandments of God. Its pages trace the stories of two distinct civilizations that flourished on the Western Hemisphere. Each began as a small nation, its people walking in the fear of the Lord. But with prosperity came growing evils. The people succumbed to the wiles of ambitious and scheming leaders who oppressed them with burdensome taxes, who lulled them with hollow promises, who countenanced and even encouraged loose and lascivious living. These evil schemers led the people into terrible wars that resulted in the death of millions and the final and total extinction of two great civilizations in two different eras.

No other written testament so clearly illustrates the fact that when men and nations walk in the fear of God and in obedience to His commandments, they prosper and grow, but when they disregard Him and His word, there comes a decay that, unless arrested by righteousness, leads to impotence and death. The Book of Mormon is an affirmation of the Old Testament proverb: “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” (Proverbs 14:34).

The God of heaven spoke to these people of the Americas through prophets, telling them where true security could be found: “Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ” (Ether 2:12).”

So how will counter the words of our prophet this time???

You really should awake to your awful situation. Educate yourself so you stop putting your foot in your mouth.

Also why do you complain about me quoting the Book of Mormon? Is it because you cannot quote it to support your case? I think that is the case. I know it’s the case as the scriptures speak against your political ideals.