Someone sent me a death threat

For discussion of political issues in general.
eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: Someone sent me a death threat

Postby eddie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 pm

That is way serious, people have gone crazy! Look how they act on planes etc. Its a scary world!

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Postby Sasquatch » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 am

Judging by their "violation of free will" accusation, they're certainly a banned or disgruntled user. Their choice of words is also a bit strange. "Beloved TERRAIN?

Robin Hood
captain of 1,000

Postby Robin Hood » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 am

I agree with David13 that this sounds like someone who has posted here.
I'm not naming any names, but I am reasonably confident I know who it is.
I'm sure BrianM is too.

dafty
captain of 100

Postby dafty » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:37 am

it wasnt me by the way...I did make some stupid jokes in the past but this is way out of line x

Tbone
captain of 100

Postby Tbone » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 am

Whoever it is, they don't proofread:
Cesium wrote:to the this beloved terrain
That's going to be embarrassing when it gets read in court. Maybe they'll have time to work on their skills while they are in jail.

Thanks BrianM for starting and maintaining the forum, and more importantly I hope you stay safe.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:22 am

Having read this forum over the past 10 years I can think of dozens of potential suspects. Certifiables are attracted to anonymous forums where they can play out their delusional thoughts in their mommys basement or at the local mental hospital. The line between reality and fantasy becomes blurred for many of these lonely folks. Just the nature of the beast. People take these forums waaaaaaaaaaay to seriously. That 15 minutes of fame can really mess with a head case. That's the unhealthy part of this stuff. Be that as it may, putting on my Monk hat don't trust people who think they are Gods (aside from some doctors I have met) and like to post triples after their name. Might be a good place to start. Just sayin...
You are a true nothing Mark.

David13
captain of 1,000

Postby David13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:30 am

Mark wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:22 am
Having read this forum over the past 10 years I can think of dozens of potential suspects. Certifiables are attracted to anonymous forums where they can play out their delusional thoughts in their mommys basement or at the local mental hospital. The line between reality and fantasy becomes blurred for many of these lonely folks. Just the nature of the beast. People take these forums waaaaaaaaaaay to seriously. That 15 minutes of fame can really mess with a head case. That's the unhealthy part of this stuff. Be that as it may, putting on my Monk hat don't trust people who think they are Gods (aside from some doctors I have met) and like to post triples after their name. Might be a good place to start. Just sayin...

Hey! Maybe I'm in my grandma's basement. So what of it!

(Not really, just joking with you).

I think I understand you. But who knows.
dc

David13
captain of 1,000

Postby David13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 am

Tbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 am
That's going to be embarrassing when it gets read in court. Maybe they'll have time to work on their skills while they are in jail.

Thanks BrianM for starting and maintaining the forum, and more importantly I hope you stay safe.

My suspicion is they would be in jail on other (probably) factors than this, if at all.
However, this may be a non English first language person, so that may be their better grammar in action.
dc

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Postby Son of Liberty » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 am

Report it bro I got your back fetching whack jobs that's why you should conceal carry protect yourself your family your church the lords house. Then delete this comment this guy is purely feeding on attention no doubt soaking up his second of fame on LDSFF short lived it will be however. I think now would be a good time to pray for that lost person.

PS let's all go to and all leave the same tip this we'll get someone looking into it.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us

Z2100
captain of 100

Postby Z2100 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:44 am

Goodness gracious. They just want attention. Report it and you’ll be fine God bless
We live in the 6920th year since the Fall of Man.

inho
captain of 1,000

Postby inho » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 am

David13 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 am
However, this may be a non English first language person, so that may be their better grammar in action.
Great, so now I'm a suspect.

Honestly, I must be reading wrong threads, since I have no idea who could do this. Some here have said that they have a guess who could be behind this. I have seen all kind of people here on the forum, some are weirder than others. However, I wouldn't have expected that even the weirdest ones would send death threats.
Last edited by inho on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Postby AI2.0 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:50 am

David13 wrote:
Tbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 am

My suspicion is they would be in jail on other (probably) factors than this, if at all.
dc
Using words like; "pedantic, putrid, unconscionable'...no, I'd say English IS his first language. His mistakes are typing errors, IMO. And, since he's clearly mad at those he calls Brian's 'co-horts', he's most likely also had run ins with some posters on the forum. Cesium is a metal; it's an interesting name to pick and I'm sure has some meaning to the poster.

edited to add; He also makes reference to 'mormon man worship' as the grevious 'sin' committed by LDSFF. The 'free will' remark may possibly mean that he's been censured before for breaking forum guidelines and it irks him.
"...the ultimate most annoying person on this forum, A.120!"

Plato — 'One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.'

setyourselffree
captain of 100

Postby setyourselffree » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 am

BrianM wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm
Received this in an email:
ldsff-death-threat.PNG
My first reaction was you were posting this as a joke. So I had a good laugh. Then I started reading other posts and realized this was serious. Still I wouldn't put much stock into a some dumb person sending that. I know for a fact this site has at least 100 schizophrenics.

BrianM
The Creator (of the forum)

Postby BrianM » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am

I wouldn't joke about a threat like this - just making it known. Also, people should be careful about pointing fingers and potential false accusations.
All my opinions are tentative pending further data...

The Matrix is real...

David13
captain of 1,000

Postby David13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 pm

inho wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 am
David13 wrote:

Honestly, I must be reading wrong threads, since I have no idea who could do this. Some here have said that they have a guess who could be behind this. I have seen all kind of people here on the forum, some are weirder than others. However, I wouldn't have expected that even the weirdest ones would send death threats.

I said maybe.
I didn't say anything about you.
And someone else made the evaluation that he was not a non English first language person.

So it's no accusation of you. It's merely analyzing the message to get an idea of who it might be.

It's exactly how the Uni Bomber (more properly multi bomber) was caught. Someone recognized his writing style and knew who it was. So did his wife. And they turned him in. Otherwise he may well be out there still bombing people.
dc

inho
captain of 1,000

Postby inho » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 pm

David13 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 pm
inho wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 am
David13 wrote:

I said maybe.
I didn't say anything about you.
And someone else made the evaluation that he was not a non English first language person.

So it's no accusation of you. It's merely analyzing the message to get an idea of who it might be.

It's exactly how the Uni Bomber (more properly multi bomber) was caught. Someone recognized his writing style and knew who it was. So did his wife. And they turned him in. Otherwise he may well be out there still bombing people.
dc
Don't worry, I don't really think that you or anyone else thinks it's me. And as AI2.0 said, it is more likely that the person actually is English speaker.

sandman45
captain of 100

Postby sandman45 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:20 pm

yep report that shiz!!

Meili
Don't ask . . .

Postby Meili » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Mark wrote:
Why do I feel defensive all of the sudden . . . :?
"I do respect 'authority' - when it respects me. Otherwise it is not 'authority'; it is tyranny."
~buffalo_girl

David13
captain of 1,000

Postby David13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Meili wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 pm
Mark wrote:

Meili
You're not saying you live in your grandma's basement are you?
There is nothing wrong with that. We have all suffered hard times where we had to tighten our belt so to speak. You are fortunate that you have a granny that will take you in. Worry not, you will soon be back on your feet and in fine financial straights.
dc

Thinker
captain of 1,000

Postby Thinker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:08 pm

BrianM wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:48 pm
It has been reported.
I’m glad it’s been reported and I hope this cowardly bully will be discovered and charged.

JK4Woods
captain of 100

Postby JK4Woods » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 pm

To those who say report to the police: what ever for? So they have a record so if the threat is followed thru, they then have some kind of trail? Brian already has the trail... cops won’t do anything but put it in a file. And he is no more protected by reporting it, than by not.

Now if you have a buddy in the NSA, maybe you could trace it... but police will do nothing. Good grief, even security camera video of someone breaking into a car won’t get them to push away from the donut box long enough to really look for the perpetrator...

Better to carry with one in the chamber...

setyourselffree
captain of 100

Postby setyourselffree » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm

JK4Woods wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 pm
To those who say report to the police: what ever for? So they have a record so if the threat is followed thru, they then have some kind of trail? Brian already has the trail... cops won’t do anything but put it in a file. And he is no more protected by reporting it, than by not.

Now if you have a buddy in the NSA, maybe you could trace it... but police will do nothing. Good grief, even security camera video of someone breaking into a car won’t get them to push away from the donut box long enough to really look for the perpetrator...

Better to carry with one in the chamber...
I live in Kansas City. Almost every time I hear of someone whose car was stolen say it's useless to call the cops. They do no investigation if it shows up they report it. They would report it anyway's. The only time the police do anything is if an active crime is taking place. They don't have time to investigate threats.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Postby Sunain » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:26 pm

If you can get the IP address from the posting logs, you could at least use the IP address to narrow down the location of the poster geographically to help determine a suspect, if they didn't use a VPN or proxy to post. Don't bother reporting it to the police. They don't have the expertise or manpower to even bother doing an investigation for an online threat, especially if it originated in another country. Your best bet is as it's been suggested above to contact the FBI who handle situations like this.

Not only is it a death threat, it's a religious hate crime. Muslims have been getting all the news lately, but a lot of us here have been following the news and know that Christians are being targeted more and more. The media just doesn't want to sensationalize it on the 6oclock news because it isn't part of their agenda.

tribrac
captain of 100

Postby tribrac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:26 am

BrianM wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 pm
Usually it's just been people getting mad that they got banned for violating the rules and threats to report me to the Church (or people telling me they did report me/LDSFF to the Church). This is the first threat of violence.
Seriously? “I’m going to tell the church on you?” That makes me smile. This is why I like to read your board, it is reminder for me that not everyone sees the world as I see it.

The direct threat of violence does not make me smile. Very sad and unfortunate. I hope they catch him. I pray for peace, and a change of heart for those who want to stir up violence for gain or for a mistaken notion that they are the dispenser of justice.
Never dismiss a generous thought.

Meili
Don't ask . . .

Postby Meili » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:11 am

tribrac wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:26 am
BrianM wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 pm
Usually it's just been people getting mad that they got banned for violating the rules and threats to report me to the Church (or people telling me they did report me/LDSFF to the Church). This is the first threat of violence.
Seriously? “I’m going to tell the church on you?” That makes me smile. This is why I like to read your board, it is reminder for me that not everyone sees the world as I see it.

The direct threat of violence does not make me smile. Very sad and unfortunate. I hope they catch him. I pray for peace, and a change of heart for those who want to stir up violence for gain or for a mistaken notion that they are the dispenser of justice.
Negative reports to the church can cause more issues than you might think. Some people's lives have been torn apart by such things.
"I do respect 'authority' - when it respects me. Otherwise it is not 'authority'; it is tyranny."
~buffalo_girl

Silver Pie
captain of 100

Postby Silver Pie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Meili wrote:
Mark wrote:
You don't have triple digits after your name, Meili.
Toni

Meili
Don't ask . . .

Postby Meili » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:14 am

Silver Pie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:02 pm
Meili wrote:
Mark wrote:
You don't have triple digits after your name, Meili.
Good thing. That and I (no longer) post from Mom's basement. Otherwise I might have been pegged for this...
~buffalo_girl

Silver Pie
captain of 100

Postby Silver Pie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Meili wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:14 am
Good thing. That and I (no longer) post from Mom's basement. Otherwise I might have been pegged for this...
Laughing.gif
Laughing.gif (645 Bytes) Viewed 186 times
Toni

Stourme
captain of 100

Postby Stourme » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 am

Sounds like one of the Religion moderators at FreeRepublic found the LDSFF...

Return to “General Discussions”