Romney should run for Senate.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
sandman45
captain of 1,000

Re: Romney should run for Senate.

Post by sandman45 »

WikiUp wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:02 am
Arenera wrote: December 6th, 2017, 10:38 am
Lizzy60 wrote: December 6th, 2017, 10:16 am The fact that abortion is legal in the US only shows how despicable and corrupt this nation has become. The fact that Romney supports abortion shows that he is even more despicable and corrupt, because he should know better. His "priesthood" is a farce.

He is the worst kind of example of a Mormon.
Not really. He is a good priesthood holder. He is a good example: husband on one wife, father of five sons, grandfather. His example in life shows the right way to happiness. He doesn't agree with the examples of Trump and Moore.

You will be happy to see his priesthood in action...
By their fruits ye shall know them ...

D&C 121:39 - "We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion."

D&C 121;34 - Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen?

D&C 121:35 - Because their hearts are set so much upon the honors of the world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson -

D&C 121:36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness."

Just thought about the "Honors of the World" and the "Honors of men"... hmm what are those?

- College Degrees... Bachelors in a given field.. Masters... Doctorate.. even making Tenure at a University is a Big deal.
- Military Awards and Honors.. Medals, Ribbons, Ranks..
- Professional Career... Engineers, Lawyers, Doctors, Politicians... '
- Published works.. Patents.. Professional Journal
- Honors of societies they belong to.... Scouts, Kiwanis Club, Masons, Lions Club.. etc.. Booster Clubs for high school and college teams..

hope I didn't miss any..

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Arenera wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:18 am
WikiUp wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:11 am
Arenera wrote: December 7th, 2017, 9:49 am
WikiUp wrote: December 7th, 2017, 9:38 am

Some reality is needed in this topic.

I believe a women's "right to choose" is to "choose" to become pregnant or not. Her agency is to "choose" engage in sin or not. Once her agency "choice" has resulted in a de facto "choice" to become pregnant has been made, the woman has the responsibility to live up to the consequence of her "choice". A living being is not a choice; it is a child and a responsibility.

Very crudely stated: The "choice" is to keep her legs closed or not.
The Supreme Court disagrees with you, so abortion is legal in the United States. Legs have nothing to do with it. And why do you put all the blame on the woman. You have a gender bias!

No gender bias - you're the one presenting it is a women's choice. I am addressing the women's choice. Men have their own "choices" to make and consequences to face.

Just because something is "LEGAL" does not equate that a matter as being "MORAL". Can we honestly say that the Roe v. Wade decision is a moral decision? The U.s. Supreme Court long ago - and before Roe v. Wade - yielded up the credential of being a moral institution.

By their fruits ye shall know them.
So you want to break the law?

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
Which is a reason the Secret Combinations do everything in their power to get gain, power and political sway and to control the laws of the land..
Ether8:23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
3 Nephi 7:6 And the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of the friends and kindreds of those who murdered the prophets.
Helaman 6:
38 And it came to pass on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.

39 And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet and smite and rend and turn their backs upon the poor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.
If they get the sole management of the government and are able to PASS LAWS THAT ARE IMMORAL then the people are more likely to become wicked on a larger scale unless we change the wording or realize that its ok to be disobedient to Tyrants and evil governments..

SO BY THEIR FRUIT YE SHALL KNOW THEM... well I guess we know them... laws have been and will continue to be passed that are immoral and evil...

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It is my understanding that Mitt Romney no longer says he supports "a woman's right to choose", although I'm not sure what he really stands for on that issue, nor on any other issue, for that matter..

The word "while" I interpret to mean "as long as they are". And "by the laws of such governments" I wish was written "by the laws and actions of such governments".

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

lundbaek wrote: December 13th, 2017, 5:05 am It is my understanding that Mitt Romney no longer says he supports "a woman's right to choose", although I'm not sure what he really stands for on that issue, nor on any other issue, for that matter..

The word "while" I interpret to mean "as long as they are". And "by the laws of such governments" I wish was written "by the laws and actions of such governments".
After they have no posterity, only Mormons, Catholics, and Muslims left...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

sandman45 wrote: December 11th, 2017, 3:17 pm
Arenera wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:18 am
WikiUp wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:11 am
Arenera wrote: December 7th, 2017, 9:49 am

The Supreme Court disagrees with you, so abortion is legal in the United States. Legs have nothing to do with it. And why do you put all the blame on the woman. You have a gender bias!

No gender bias - you're the one presenting it is a women's choice. I am addressing the women's choice. Men have their own "choices" to make and consequences to face.

Just because something is "LEGAL" does not equate that a matter as being "MORAL". Can we honestly say that the Roe v. Wade decision is a moral decision? The U.s. Supreme Court long ago - and before Roe v. Wade - yielded up the credential of being a moral institution.

By their fruits ye shall know them.
So you want to break the law?

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
Which is a reason the Secret Combinations do everything in their power to get gain, power and political sway and to control the laws of the land..
Ether8:23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
3 Nephi 7:6 And the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of the friends and kindreds of those who murdered the prophets.
Helaman 6:
38 And it came to pass on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.

39 And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet and smite and rend and turn their backs upon the poor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.
If they get the sole management of the government and are able to PASS LAWS THAT ARE IMMORAL then the people are more likely to become wicked on a larger scale unless we change the wording or realize that its ok to be disobedient to Tyrants and evil governments..

SO BY THEIR FRUIT YE SHALL KNOW THEM... well I guess we know them... laws have been and will continue to be passed that are immoral and evil...

Also d&c 98 4-7 states that we should uphold the constitutional laws of the land. All else will cometh evil.

So we should not uphold unconditional law or in other words Obey the laws of the land as long as they are constitutional.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I believe D&C 98:5 tells us that we should support only those laws which meet Constitution muster AND which protect our God-given, inalienable rights. I see that as an important caveat because of changes to the Constitution properly made (via Article V) and improperly made that infringe on those God-given, inalienable rights

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It appears that Mitt Romney has become a big part of the Republican establishment, and many Utah Republicans are just putty in his hands . I don't think he is a knowing conspirator in the larger globalist agenda, even though I do not see how he could not know about it. But he has, I hope unknowingly, gotten on the wrong side of the freedom battle out of a desire to please the establishment. Romney made such an issue of Trump’s unsuitability for being President that, as I understand, many Utah Republicans were considering voting for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general election. It is believed by some Utahans that Romney was behind the recruitment of Evan McMullen as a presidential candidate so as to avoid the blame for pushing Utahans toward the Democrats. McMullen didn't stand a prayer's chance in a barroom, but he did give Utah Republicans an alternative that would have gotten Romney off the hook if Trump had been defeated. A shot in the dark campaign like this wouldn’t normally get any coverage from the press, but this one did because the latter-day gadiantons knew that McMullen would be a spoiler for Trump, in hopes that Trump would lose big time if they could have made lots more people aware of his candidacy. The establishment wanted to not only defeat Trump but to do it so soundly that they could blame the anti-establishment conservatives who bucked the system.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Mormons are not stupid people but they are uninformed and often quite naive. Perhaps this is why many of the LDS politicians are not all that charismatic, but able to manipulate the masses quite well.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

lundbaek wrote: December 13th, 2017, 11:35 am It appears that Mitt Romney has become a big part of the Republican establishment, and many Utah Republicans are just putty in his hands . I don't think he is a knowing conspirator in the larger globalist agenda, even though I do not see how he could not know about it. But he has, I hope unknowingly, gotten on the wrong side of the freedom battle out of a desire to please the establishment. Romney made such an issue of Trump’s unsuitability for being President that, as I understand, many Utah Republicans were considering voting for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general election. It is believed by some Utahans that Romney was behind the recruitment of Evan McMullen as a presidential candidate so as to avoid the blame for pushing Utahans toward the Democrats. McMullen didn't stand a prayer's chance in a barroom, but he did give Utah Republicans an alternative that would have gotten Romney off the hook if Trump had been defeated. A shot in the dark campaign like this wouldn’t normally get any coverage from the press, but this one did because the latter-day gadiantons knew that McMullen would be a spoiler for Trump, in hopes that Trump would lose big time if they could have made lots more people aware of his candidacy. The establishment wanted to not only defeat Trump but to do it so soundly that they could blame the anti-establishment conservatives who bucked the system.
Well, you've fallen back into the 1% zone again. People aren't interested in your 1% conspiracy theories. Trump isn't a moral person, he has proven that himself.

Your big dog Bannon was right there in Alabama and they rejected him and Moore. McMullen is a nobody, except for 1% conspiriitists.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

And I have no intent or desire to crawl out of what Arenera calls the 1% zone. And fortunately, there are good people who do recognize certain conspiracy facts. I'm on Romney's case now in this thread. He demonstrated to me that he would have preferred Hillary Clinton over Trump as POTUS. Have I expressed my opinion of Trump on this forum ever?

I've said nothing about Bannon. And I know little about him.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lundbaek wrote: December 13th, 2017, 12:43 pm And I have no intent or desire to crawl out of what Arenera calls the 1% zone. And fortunately, there are good people who do recognize certain conspiracy facts. I'm on Romney's case now in this thread. He demonstrated to me that he would have preferred Hillary Clinton over Trump as POTUS. Have I expressed my opinion of Trump on this forum ever?

I've said nothing about Bannon. And I know little about him.
You just keep on doing what you're doing, sir.

Someday those who chose popularity over truth will get their opportunity to experience the last half of Matthew 13:42 over their poor choices.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

McMullen is a nobody, except for 1% conspiriitists.
Oh give me a break. You know that is not true.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Arenera, I beginning to get increasingly irritated at you for some of the statements you have made. For example, your statement, which it seems was meant for me, that " People aren't interested in your 1% conspiracy theories." is absolutely false. I have many friends and acquaintances who are very much interested in and concerned about a number of different conspiracy facts. We are very much aware of and concerned about the conspiracy that Moroni warned us about in the Book of Ether Ch. 8. Perhaps you are ignorant of the fact that a Prophet warned about such a conspiracy, calling it a "secret combination" and that more recently a President of the 12 twice warned of it. We are very much angered by the conspiracy to defraud Americans thru the Federal Reserve. And we are concerned and angered by the conspiracy to flood America with illegal immigrants and refugees in order to increase class conflict, to erode Christian and Western culture, and to make a single world government (NWO) more appealing to Americans.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

lundbaek wrote: December 13th, 2017, 2:13 pm Arenera, I beginning to get increasingly irritated at you for some of the statements you have made. For example, your statement, which it seems was meant for me, that " People aren't interested in your 1% conspiracy theories." is absolutely false. I have many friends and acquaintances who are very much interested in and concerned about a number of different conspiracy facts. We are very much aware of and concerned about the conspiracy that Moroni warned us about in the Book of Ether Ch. 8. Perhaps you are ignorant of the fact that a Prophet warned about such a conspiracy, calling it a "secret combination" and that more recently a President of the 12 twice warned of it. We are very much angered by the conspiracy to defraud Americans thru the Federal Reserve. And we are concerned and angered by the conspiracy to flood America with illegal immigrants and refugees in order to increase class conflict, to erode Christian and Western culture, and to make a single world government (NWO) more appealing to Americans.
I'm just giving the facts. Take the Federal Reserve. That was over 100 years ago. 1% of you aren't going to change it. Being mad about it won't change it.

I'm sorry to tell you that you live in the US because your ancestors came to America. Now you want to limit others coming? Real nice of you.

The US is a great place to live, even with all the evil around. Maybe Romney will run for Senator, if so, he will win in a landslide. Maybe that will position him to help save the Constitution. :)

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Ezra wrote: December 13th, 2017, 10:11 am Also d&c 98 4-7 states that we should uphold the constitutional laws of the land. All else will cometh evil.
So we should not uphold unconditional law or in other words Obey the laws of the land as long as they are constitutional.
Oh good find thanks for that!

WikiUp
captain of 100

Post by WikiUp »

Arenera wrote: December 13th, 2017, 2:46 pm
lundbaek wrote: December 13th, 2017, 2:13 pm Arenera, I beginning to get increasingly irritated at you for some of the statements you have made. For example, your statement, which it seems was meant for me, that " People aren't interested in your 1% conspiracy theories." is absolutely false. I have many friends and acquaintances who are very much interested in and concerned about a number of different conspiracy facts. We are very much aware of and concerned about the conspiracy that Moroni warned us about in the Book of Ether Ch. 8. Perhaps you are ignorant of the fact that a Prophet warned about such a conspiracy, calling it a "secret combination" and that more recently a President of the 12 twice warned of it. We are very much angered by the conspiracy to defraud Americans thru the Federal Reserve. And we are concerned and angered by the conspiracy to flood America with illegal immigrants and refugees in order to increase class conflict, to erode Christian and Western culture, and to make a single world government (NWO) more appealing to Americans.
I'm just giving the facts. Take the Federal Reserve. That was over 100 years ago. 1% of you aren't going to change it. Being mad about it won't change it.

(((100 years of degrading the value of money and effectively stealing the wealth of the people using the U.S. Dollar. Printing "money" out of thin air and then charging the people of the U.S. interest for the "money" now at the level of $20 Trillion dollars in National Debt. That is an unconstitutional and criminal arrangement. Yes, 1% can begin to wake up the population to an awful situation and help save the constitutional rule of just law. This is what LDS prophets and leaders have been encouraging the LDS membership (the 1% ?) to do for decades.)))

I'm sorry to tell you that you live in the US because your ancestors came to America. Now you want to limit others coming? Real nice of you.

(((Yes, I want "others coming to America" to be properly screened to know who they are and what their loyalties are BEFORE coming into this nation. Also that they have adequate social support such that they will not become a financial burden upon the general population. Also that the incoming immigant population does not change the political voting demographics in favor of one party or the other effectively constituting a "revolution" and/or over throw of our Repubican [as in a representative form of government - not the political party] form of government as established by the Constitution and by God himself.)))

The US is a great place to live, even with all the evil around. Maybe Romney will run for Senator, if so, he will win in a landslide. Maybe that will position him to help save the Constitution. :)

(((Romney is a globalist establishment supporting person. He was educated in elite educational institutions under those ideas; trained in venture capitalism; operated on Wall Street as a venture capitalist; gained the support of the Republican elite by his Wall Street activities. He who will do what he has demonstrated he has done in the past, even as Governor of Massachusetts: That is support a socialist form of government. He does not understand or follow the U.S. Constitution. During his presidential attempt when asked how he would make a decision to go to war he responded he would talk to his lawyers. He should have responded that he would take the matter to the Congress to get an authorization to use military force as is required by the U.S. constitution. As for his priesthood, he can't even acknowledge their is a living prophet on the earth today when asked by the media. He responded no one has spoken to God since Moses got the Ten Commandments. He even failed to recognize Jesus spoke to God during His life on earth. Some priesthood holder?)))

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

My sentiments exactly, WikiUp. I just don't have the patience to flog thru writing all that for someone who it would be wasted on.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

If Romney runs for the Senate, 30% wouldn’t vote for him. Of the 30%, 1 % would claim to be Constutionists. Romney would win in a landslide.

The Federal Reserve has been around for over 100 years. No amount of complaining has changed that.

Alabama put in a Democrat senator, first time in 25 years. Bannon and Trump lost. Immoral is losing.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Arenera wrote: December 13th, 2017, 8:04 pm If Romney runs for the Senate, 30% wouldn’t vote for him. Of the 30%, 1 % would claim to be Constutionists. Romney would win in a landslide.

The Federal Reserve has been around for over 100 years. No amount of complaining has changed that.

Alabama put in a Democrat senator, first time in 25 years. Bannon and Trump lost. Immoral is losing.
Which would you rather have??

The value of a dollar in 1915 or the value of a dollar today?

Do you even know the difference between the 2?

It’s true the federal reserve has been around over 100 years. But what have they done for us?

Just because something has been happening for over 100 years doesn’t make it good or right.

“Satan has been fooling people for over 100 years nothing Is going to change that.” Wrong!!!!!! God will.

Same with the federal reserve same with all unconstitutional governments and their institutions and those who support them.

They will not win. God is lord.

The unconditional democratic and Republican Party agendas will have their day. But......

3rd Nephi 27:11 But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return.

Good luck with that Arenera

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Your house or apartment is yours because you maybe your parents bought it for you. Now you want to limit others from moving in with you by installing locks on your door? Real nice of you.