Romney should run for Senate.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Arenera
captain of 1,000

Romney should run for Senate.

Post by Arenera »

He would landslide Hatch.

Of course, LDSFF would not support Romney, but they dislike Hatch. That is a dilemma!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Romney should run for Senate.

Post by Alaris »

Arenera wrote: December 4th, 2017, 4:18 pm He would landslide Hatch.

Of course, LDSFF would not support Romney, but they dislike Hatch. That is a dilemma!
Romney > Hatch by far.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

yeah I have no great admiration of Romney, but I'd take him as a Hatch replacement in a heartbeat.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Romney should run off a pier.

We need constitutional people. All else will only continue to harm our freedoms.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Ezra wrote: December 4th, 2017, 6:18 pm Romney should run off a pier.

We need constitutional people. All else will only continue to harm our freedoms.
Who, for example?

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Original_Intent wrote: December 4th, 2017, 4:47 pm yeah I have no great admiration of Romney, but I'd take him as a Hatch replacement in a heartbeat.

Why? nothing would change.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Who would be better than Romney ? The only names I can think of at the moment are Scott Bradley, Joe Fabiano, and a guy who once ran for Congress who's last name is Hudson. But there have been other Utah constitutionalists who have run for Congress but are now long forgotten. Ir's just that most Utah voters are unappreciative of those who would honour the principles of the US Constitution.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Arenera wrote: December 4th, 2017, 7:08 pm
Ezra wrote: December 4th, 2017, 6:18 pm Romney should run off a pier.

Who, for example?
There are a lot of good constitutional people.

I know a long list.

I would vote for this guy anytime.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ipyDtnsjc

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Just what Utah needs...another non resident Senator.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Boooo! on both Romney and Hatch. How about Jonathan Johnson? He won over the conservative crowd pretty handily against Gov. Herbert in the last primary race. He eventually lost because, may I make a terrible generalization? Utahns like big, known names. Shouldn't every elected official be something of an unknown? Get in, do some good, get out and get back on with your real life and career. Career politicians make me ill. Especially the RINO variety.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Are there any constitutionalists that serve in the House or the Senate? Why not?

Romney would be a great senator!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Ratbag
captain of 100

Post by Ratbag »

Arenera wrote: December 4th, 2017, 4:18 pm He would landslide Hatch.

Romney would be a useless hack for Utah. However, he's a useful tool of the globalists.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

mirkwood wrote: December 4th, 2017, 8:06 pm Just what Utah needs...another non resident Senator.
He is from Utah. But who cares as long as their principals are correct and true.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 7:59 am Romney would be a great senator!
Yeah, you would say that.

"When he was the governor of Massachusetts, Romney signed a ban on assault weapons, like the one used in the movie theatre in Aurora. “Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” he said at the time. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Romney also signed a law that raised the state’s gun-licensing fee to a hundred dollars, from twenty-five." https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... -candidate

I'll spend big to support one of Romney's opponents in the primary.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Yep, I would take Romney anyday!

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 8:56 am

"When he was the governor of Massachusetts, Romney signed a ban on assault weapons, like the one used in the movie theatre in Aurora. “Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” he said at the time. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Romney also signed a law that raised the state’s gun-licensing fee to a hundred dollars, from twenty-five." https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... -candidate

Imagine, using an Assault Hunting Gun, to pump 405 rounds into that deer. You sure killed it. No meat left, but who wanted the meat.

The assault weapons owners in Utah and Arizona are going to save the US. Well, maybe in their minds...

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 9:34 am
Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 8:56 am

Imagine, using an Assault Hunting Gun, to pump 405 rounds into that deer. You sure killed it. No meat left, but who wanted the meat.

The assault weapons owners in Utah and Arizona are going to save the US. Well, maybe in their minds...
Lovely. Just lovely...the look on your face when you meet James Madison some day.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

What would make him a great senator?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Irrelevant wrote: December 5th, 2017, 9:48 am What would make him a great senator?
He has served as a Governor, Business man, Stake President, Bishop. He doesn't own an AR-15. He does care about the poor. He doesn't want to redistribute wealth from the poor to the rich. He doesn't want to be Trump's good buddy. etc., etc., etc.

He would be a great senator!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

First off, there is at least one member of the U.S. House of Representatives who espouses and upholds the principles of the U.S. Constitution: Andy Biggs, Arizona CD5. There may be others; I think there are.

Second, I suggest that those of you who think that Mitt Romney would be a good senator review carefully his verbal support (thank heaven that's as far as he got) of "a woman's right to choose", the NDAA, the Patriot Act, denial of trial and the right of habeus corpus to those accused (not found guilty) of perceived terrorism, "Bailouts" of floundering businesses with taxpayer money, which are not permitted under the US Constitution, infringements of the 2nd Amendment, most of Obamacare even if repealed, and his support of Senator John McCain during his last run for Senate.

Third, remember his God has not spoken to man since Moses and the bush blunder.

It should be increasingly known by now among LDS voters that Mitt Romney doesn't understand the US Constitution, doesn't understand his responsibility to it, and/or doesn't have the integrity to be guided by it. But that can be said of most LDS voters in the United States.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:01 am
Irrelevant wrote: December 5th, 2017, 9:48 am What would make him a great senator?
He has served as a Governor, Business man, Stake President, Bishop. He doesn't own an AR-15. He does care about the poor. He doesn't want to redistribute wealth from the poor to the rich. He doesn't want to be Trump's good buddy. etc., etc., etc.

Romney shows no inclination to abolish the immoral and unconstitutional Federal Reserve system. That is, by definition, approval of redistributing wealth from the non-rich to the rich.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:08 am

Romney shows no inclination to abolish the immoral and unconstitutional Federal Reserve system. That is, by definition, approval of redistributing wealth from the non-rich to the rich.
The Federal Reserve provides a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system.

Utahans like Romney, even democrats:
Voters from all across the board supported Romney, the survey reported, with nearly 95 percent of Republicans and 22 percent of Democrats selecting him over Wilson. More than half of the independent voters polled also preferred Romney over Wilson, according to the poll.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:46 am
Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:08 am

The Federal Reserve provides a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system.

Utahans like Romney, even democrats:
Voters from all across the board supported Romney, the survey reported, with nearly 95 percent of Republicans and 22 percent of Democrats selecting him over Wilson. More than half of the independent voters polled also preferred Romney over Wilson, according to the poll.
OK, I give up. Nothing I can tell you is able to overcome such glaring ignorance.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:55 am
OK, I give up. Nothing I can tell you is able to overcome such glaring ignorance.
Is this following forum rules?