Are mushrooms the new plastic?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Are mushrooms the new plastic?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: Are mushrooms the new plastic?

Post by Juliet »

I think it is a great idea. By the way the wax worm can digest plastic.

https://www.forsythhumane.orgcientifica ... ing-tools/

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Weird that all the documenteries on Midway Island and the Great Gyre, don’t mention the simple solution.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ing-tools/

There’s a link that works. :lol:

Likewise OTEC seldom gets mentioned in articles where it may be a simple solution. And bitcoin proponents pretend there is nothing upon which to base a currency that has intrinsic value. They should try living one day without consuming a single BTU or KWHr :P

John Huntsman made his fortune from styrofoam, but immediately divested when it’s impacts became known. 8-)

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

BeNotDeceived,

This Styrofoam illogic has been perpetuated for years. Their own arguments actually defends Styrofoam. If Styrofoam never breaks down, and it is inert, then it doesn't pollute land fills or water supplies. Pollution occurs as various things break down into their dangerous chemicals. I happen to live in the mushroom capital of the world. I can tell you that there are many pollutants that are rampant in the mushroom business. I happen to live next to a Mushroom soil composting facility. THe BLM has to continuoisly monitor the stream near my home to protect against the pollution from the run off from composting.

People often say that this area smells like mushrooms. It doesn't smell like Mushrooms... it smells like what Mushrooms are grown in.

I like Ted talks, and I encourage people to explore new ideas. However,not every idea presented in Ted talks is good, in fact most of them are not as good as the presenter thinks. SO take all of this with a very big grain of Salt!

Regards,

George Clay