Exposing Lies of the Adversary, don't be a party to hurting others

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Exposing Lies of the Adversary, don't be a party to hurting others

Post by gardener4life »

I wanted to put this up because I feel there's a lot of people that are being misled by people attacking the church. It's not hard to tell what's going on. The recent Salt Lake Tribune accusing church leaders of gaslighting. also there is the whole bit of questioning the first vision by claiming there is more than one version, and discrediting apostles and prophets. These are just tools the adversary is doing.

The scriptures prove it. Here are some scriptures that ordinary people can look at to see the strategies going on. Once again this is just revealing what's going on, but I'm sure someone will accuse people that reveal truth of attacking others. But isn't it people that attack others' faith the ones that really are attacking others?

Moroni 7:12
Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.

John 7:12 The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him. (like the anti-mormons the Pharisees laid traps for Jesus just like people try to destroy others faith today.)

Verse 34 of John 7: 34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come. (Those that seek to destroy the faith of others won't come close to Jesus or have place with him. Beware! Isn't this reason enough to not persecute others or try to destroy or discredit others?) 43 So there was a division among the people because of him.43 So there was a division among the people because of him. (Truth doesn't divide people, disobedience does. Because people know the truth asks them to live better and they can't be obedient they refuse to follow it.)

Matthew 22: 15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk. 16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men. 17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Cæsar, or not? 18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? 19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? 21 They say unto him, Cæsar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Cæsar the things which are Cæsar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s. (The Pharisees tried to trap the followers of God and Jesus. Later others stone Stephen.)

The story of Stephen in Acts (around Acts Chapter 7)
Do those that attack the church not realize they might end up causing murder to happen? The stoning of Stephen started with people calling into question what Jesus taught the followers of Christ. When you read and hear about what happened, doesn't that make you worry that you could cause the death of another by stirring up persecution? I would think if you think long and hard about that it would persuade you to stop attacking the church. Even if you don't believe, would you want to become a party to murder?

The Story of Joseph Smith being discredited...
Do you think that Joseph Smith had a photographic memory or a computer? The typewriter wasn't invented yet. And the typewriter didn't go into production until around 1870ish even after it had been introduced (not exact date). Do you think maybe that Joseph Smith could quote his own story word by word? Don't you think it's silly to think that every single time he told it that it would have to be word for word just like every other time in an era that didn't have the technology to do so?

What's more I would point out this interesting fact.
D&C 5: 32 And now, because I foresee the lying in wait to destroy thee, yea, I foresee that if my servant Martin Harris humbleth not himself and receive a witness from my hand, that he will fall into transgression; (The Lord shows that the theft of the first manuscript was a trap to say that a re-translation of the Book of Mormon was in error. By saying and trying to show two differences in the same text they were trying to accuse church leaders of lying and fabricating falsehoods. A better example of this is D&C Section 10 however.

D&C Section 10 heading...
The evil design was to await the expected retranslation of the matter covered by the stolen pages and then to discredit the translator by showing discrepancies created by the alterations. That this wicked purpose had been conceived by the evil one and was known to the Lord even while Mormon, the ancient Nephite historian, was making his abridgment of the accumulated plates, is shown in the Book of Mormon (see Words of Mormon 1:3–7).

I would point out that this is just what people are doing by claiming differences in Church History and differences in the First Vision. And it's known by the Lord and in the scriptures and already been exposed. The traps did have to do originally with translation. However, claiming a difference in history and the first vision is exactly the same tactic as those that wanted to claim and fabricate a translation trap. Nor is there anything different in the approach. It's exactly the same! If you think about this doesn't this stir you up? Can you see how close it is?

Also by looking at this example you can see that its interesting the Church acquired the original printer's manuscript for exactly this purpose of blocking the adversary's traps even before they were put into action. Isn't that also interesting to think about. Now we can understand and see that the leaders were inspired and why they did so.

https://www.lds.org/church/news/church- ... t?lang=eng

I would invite you to prayerfully humble yourself before the Lord and repent. Don't follow this. If you open your heart and read the scriptures you will feel you don't want to be like the Pharisees, nor do you want to be someone who hurts the faith of others. You want to be a follower of Christ. If you really are a follower of Christ then be kind, love one another, and love God. If you have any desire to do good and be good let that feeling grow inside of you. (And my prayer to God is concerning my brethren, that they may once again come to the knowledge of God, yea, the redemption of Christ; that they may once again be a delight some people.)

Let us all not be like this example quoted in the scriptures --> 6 Behold, they have sought to destroy you; yea, even the man in whom you have trusted has sought to destroy you. 7 And for this cause I said that he is a wicked man, for he has sought to take away the things wherewith you have been entrusted; and he has also sought to destroy your gift.

Mosiah 27:2 And it came to pass that king Mosiah sent a proclamation throughout the land round about that there should not any unbeliever persecute any of those who belonged to the church of God. 3 And there was a strict command throughout all the churches that there should be no persecutions among them, that there should be an equality among all men; (I would end pointing out that the invitation to not discredit any faith is two ways. So let's be nice to one another and not try to destroy anyone's faith whether Mormon, or non-Mormon. It is significant that the example in the book of Mosiah wasn't only to not persecute members but for no one to persecute anyone.