Mike Stroud Reeled in by the church

For discussion of political issues in general.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Mike Stroud Reeled in by the church

Postby brianj » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 pm

watchthewatchers wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:44 pm
It could be that he had an Oh crap! epiphony as he watched Snuffer loosing his steam, so Mike jumped ship before the whole thing Titanics.
I think the Bismarck is a better metaphor than the Titanic.

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

h_p
captain of 100

Postby h_p » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 pm

TrueIntent wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm
so what topics specifically was Mike teaching that they disagree with.......?
Inho posted the specifics from his latest podcast transcription above, as to what he said he shouldn't have taught. I think the podcasts are still available on that site he linked to if you want to download them and listen.

TrueIntent
captain of 100

Postby TrueIntent » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:27 pm

inho wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:34 am
stillwater wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm
>Mike Stroud has been counseled and talked to by the church, has admitted a list of inappropriate teachings,

Looks like the podcast was taken down before I could hear it. What was the list of teachings he admitted were inappropriate?
There have been times when I have not followed the revelatory counsel given in Doctrine and Covenants 63:64 and I have taught and said things that were outside of the protective umbrella of priesthood keys and inspired direction. It was inappropriate for me to teach:
  • That person should seek to be translated or seek and ordinance of translation and become members of the 144,000 spoken of in scripture.
  • That temple ordinances, specifically the use of alters should be practiced outside of the temple
  • That the Church of Latter-day Saints is Aaronic in nature and preparatory to the Melchizedec Priesthood institution referred to in scripture as the Church of the Firstborn.
  • That people should seek Priesthood ordinations outside of the ordained channels found within the Church.
  • That priesthood healings and ordinances should be practiced using prescribed format and that they can be performed over the phone.
You can find the podcast here as mp3 or pdf-transcript.
Questions....Adam built an altar outside the temple....so did Levi, .....Jospeh smith taught that the temple endowment was for the 144,000 who would come forth in the last days.....so shouldn't we be seeking that ordinance???? His understanding of the church being Aaronic in nature is my understanding as well.....I got this from passages of the Joseph smith translation in genesis in d&c....the scritptures teach that God can ordain anyone he wants to the priesthood...it doesn't come through a church it comes through him (the church is merely an instituted pattern of how a Zion type society might function, they administer ordinances which are patterns, not Power). According to the scriptures...Christ healed people who weren't even in his presence...at his word alone, so I would argue...a phone call would work for someone like jesus who doesn't just have authority...but also possesses power....at his word, healing or blessings are done..

So why was he asked not to teach this stuff? ...it seems in Line with scripture and the teachings of Joseph smith, and Mormonism.

TrueIntent
captain of 100

Postby TrueIntent » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:37 pm

As for d&c 63:64
64 Remember that that which cometh from above is sacred, and must be spoken with care, and by constraint of the Spirit; and in this there is no condemnation, and ye receive the Spirit through prayer; wherefore, without this there remaineth condemnation.

Read the verses just prior and Look up ""authority" in the topical guide and every single scripture says authority is coming from God not the leadership or brethren.....that's a stretch for them to use this scripture and say that he can't teach.....based on this interpretation, NOBODY should be writing any commentary or attempting to interpret any scripture on there own.....it also says you receive the spirit by prayer

Also in that same chapter the Lord condemns Sydney rigdon and says his writing is no longer acceptable to him,...if that can apply to Sidney it can also apply to the current 12.

Ahometheaterguy
Hi, I'm new.

Postby Ahometheaterguy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:10 am

From brother Strouds book "Highly Favored of the Lord"; page 127, third paragraph I quote his words out of context:" In my opinion, this is Mike Stroud". This phrase and the fact that this books do not have the official Church logo on the back makes me want to stick to the general authorities, and scriptures to gain knowledge.

Return to “General Discussions”