Mike Stroud Reeled in by the church

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
investigator
captain of 100

Mike Stroud Reeled in by the church

Post by investigator »

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/mstr ... 2_55-08_00

Mike Stroud has been counseled and talked to by the church, has admitted a list of inappropriate teachings, and will willfully submit to the church. He will cease his podcasts and take them off the internet. The link is his last podcast, all of which will be taken down in a few days.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: Mike Stroud Reeled in by the church

Post by oneClimbs »

Honestly I don’t know Mike Stroud, but he seems like a humble man. Sounds like he was teaching some unfounded or misapplied philosophies and was willing to set them aside.

icarus
captain of 10

Post by icarus »

I only listened to one podcast. "Calling and Election" and something about "Spirits" as a two for one thing. Love the first part and not sure about the second part but very thought provoking.

Now I'm curious about the rest of his podcasts since the 'gag order'. I know where to find the rest so I'm just gonna have to give him a thorough listen.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

This is actually very wonderful for someone so learned and big in the world to recognize the need for self reflection, improvement, and to humble oneself before the real leaders. I would take note of this. The only really great men are humble first, and true followers of Christ first. IF they really want to become great people they have to be humble first and follow the Priesthood of God.

Not many people would be able to get past their pride on this. Their pride would pull them down as fast as a man with an anchor around his neck in water. That's how hard it is for people to get past pride.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Interesting. :shock: I don't know him either. But from what I've read on this forum, both good and bad, my gut felt like I was to avoid his "stuff".

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

In his podcasts, he spoke on baptism of fire, calling and election, second comforter, being translated, becoming a member of the 144k.

Someone complained. Counseling was given.

You don’t talk about these things in the public.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

He also espoused ideas that were not inline with the Gospel.

He was corrected and took it appropriately.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

mirkwood wrote: November 8th, 2017, 7:20 pm He also espoused ideas that were not inline with the Gospel.

Wonder who he learned those from...

He was corrected and took it appropriately.

Unlike Denver Snuffer, who Stroud heaps regular and fawning praise on.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Does anyone has access to No Fear Preps forum? I would like to hear what they think of this. Stroud's podcasts were quite popular among Michelle McDermott's forum. Shelle even edited the book based on his lectures.

I am glad that Mike submits to the church and acknowledges his errors. I wish the best for him.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Interesting Blog article on Mike Stroud: Mike Stroud

From a comment:
Press Forward!
November 6, 2017 at 11:31 am
Mary Ann,

I wish I had the time to respond to each of your comments and the comments of others – but I don’t. But I do have time to respond to your last comment above, which you have now made twice… “Lauri, his stated opinion is that “most” mental illness comes from devils and unclean spirits, not “all.” This is not true. Brigham Young said that… and Mike was quoting him.

Now, my two cents. I have listened carefully, taking notes, to EVERY podcast Mike Stroud has posted. Like someone above has stated, he has NEVER sought a following and has discouraged this. He has ALWAYS directed people to “don’t believe me, take this to the Lord.” He has ALWAYS supported the Prophets and Apostles and held them up as such. Ninety-nine percent of what he has taught has been straight out of the scriptures and quotes from the Prophets to help connect dots. When he does offer up an “opinion,” or suggests that “the spirit taught be” such and such – he is always careful to call it “his opinion.”

Mike Stroud us extremely knowledgable, has spent a LIFETIME in the scriptures and is one of the most genuine, humble, reasonable, serving and charitable people I know of. Has he tried to open his students to some of the more glorious, sacred truths found in the scriptures? Yes!!! Has he taught the Doctrine of Christ? Yes!!! Were his eyes opened up years ago to some of these truths from those who SINCE THEN have gone astray? Yes!!! But originally, Denver Snuffer only taught what the Book of Mormon and past and present Prophets have taught – that we can come to know Christ personally, and we should be striving to do so because he is the ONLY one who can save us. That is pure truth… and Elder Nelson’s and Eyring’s recent admonitions testify of the same.

The brethren want to be careful that people aren’t being lead astray. I get it. And people like Denver Snuffer deserve the formal discipline they received – and had it coming to them. He and his followers have been deceived. It’s unfortunate. But I would NOT put Mike Stroud in the same camp, and anyone who does is clearly coming from a place of concern, fear and bias against ANY who may be teaching things we don’t hear in the typical Gospel Doctrine class, or even Gospel Essentials. It’s amazing to me, but too many members are so fearful that we might “let go of the iron rod” and lose our way… that they forget we must “Press Forward” until we get to the tree.

Mike is NOT taking down his podcasts because he’s retracting what he has taught. He is taking them down because he may have gone a little far in sharing things that are a little too sacred for an audience of millions throughout the world – due to the medium (podcast). I get it. The audience grew too fast and large for these sacred truths and mysteries.

There are sacred truths awaiting those who have “ears to hear” and desire higher blessings. The prophets have taught that “we live way below our priviledges and below the Lord’s expectations.” If we press forward and seek revelation, we run the risk of being deceived and we must take the utmost care to have the spirit of discernment. But if we DON’T press forward – we are ALREADY DECEIVED. This is a personal journey for people – but I find nothing but good coming from a man like Mike Stroud – who was willing to teach what he has learned – and then say, “now go study for yourself.”

Mike Stroud podcasts have changed my life and made a HUGE difference in my relationship with the Lord. Sometimes it takes a pioneer – or someone willing to speak up and share in order for the rest of us to awaken in some ways – and see what is staring us in the face. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND his podcasts. I have learned for myself the importance of EVERY WORD in a verse of scripture, and how I must get on the path of studying and asking to be taught by the Lord. Stroud has helped me plant my feet more firmly on the path – and to have the confidence to seek to know my Savior personally. He calls to us, he is waiting and he has already give me a very clear and powerful message that he’s pleased with my desire, and invitation to continue and not look back.

Just because there are Denver Snuffers out there… and some have been deceived… that’s no reflection on Mike Stroud. We do ourselves a terrible dis service when we reject things too easily because of preconceived notions and negative bias, or when we read blog posts like this which paint a negative light and keep people from some pearls. That is not meant to be a slam – I just feel bad for people who miss out on so much because they read a “review” like this and take the easy path and buy into the opinions of others – instead of finding out for themselves. I could hardly believe many of the things I’ve read above (and I read every post)… and how others can have such a different opinion than I.

I LOVE the church. These men are prophets with Priesthood Keys. I’m in 100%. Mike feels the same way. He is NOT a follower of Snuffer, Julie Rowe and many others of the same ilk. I’m grateful for Mike – and what I’ve learned from him. Both he and the spirit have REALLY taught me a lot in the past 18 months.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

There is also this blog post on Mike Stroud: MIKE STROUD'S PODCASTS ARE DOWN
From the comments:
After talking with Mike and getting the "rest of the story" surrounding his need to pull his podcasts, spend more time with his family and his latest podcast that he his humbled by the brethren who he has been in contact with concerning his podcasts, the dust has settled and we have a clear path what changes will be made.

1. Mike was called in because of another individual who had been called in and clarification was needed about the origins of his podcasts. Mike is not under any disciplinary councils or the main subject of the other individual. Mike was given the counsel to remove some content that may or may not be appropriate for a podcast situation.

2. Those changes will be made in subsequent books (#4 is being released in the next two months).

3. I will be "hosting" a list of podcasts for download on nofearpreps.com (audio section) that will not include Calling & Election, Second Comforter podcasts.

4. Mike will not be leaving our community, but taking a lesser role in sharing information in the future. We are still on track to finish all his books.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

Mike Stroud espouses many new age spiritualism philosophies, he quotes Napoleon Hill, which are not in line with the doctrine.
I would not be surprised to hear he is involved in energy healing.
He has been influenced by the book Visions of Glory, which contains many false doctrines.
It’s amazing to me that a life long ces teacher was deceived. Goes to show, that we are all susceptible to deceit.

stillwater
captain of 100

Post by stillwater »

>Mike Stroud has been counseled and talked to by the church, has admitted a list of inappropriate teachings,

Looks like the podcast was taken down before I could hear it. What was the list of teachings he admitted were inappropriate?

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I hope the church is calling people in and teaching them with love and not fear.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

I was exposed to his podcasts about 6 months ago. He is a good speaker. He teaches some things that I would call controversial. I didn't feel the kind of spirit I wanted to in his podcasts, so I left them alone.
I am actually really proud of him for taking them off line. It takes a bit of humility to do that. I don't know who asked him to do that, or exactly what he taught that caused them to ask him to take them offline, but to me, he was over the line. He used phrases like, "I don't know why the brethren don't teach this..."
Like I said, a good speaker, and obviously a bright man, and also a humble man. Good for him.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Juliet wrote: November 20th, 2017, 4:57 pm I hope the church is calling people in and teaching them with love and not fear.
He isn't the kind of guy to buckle under intimidation or fear. He would come out swinging in that case. No, I imagine he saw the reason why they asked him, and chose to be humble and obedient. No fear or intimidation in that soul.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

The church keeps going after these people and I actually think it makes sense. If they just started teaching the doctrine in more depth, people wouldn't even seek after this stuff.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

stillwater wrote: November 20th, 2017, 4:34 pm >Mike Stroud has been counseled and talked to by the church, has admitted a list of inappropriate teachings,

Looks like the podcast was taken down before I could hear it. What was the list of teachings he admitted were inappropriate?
There have been times when I have not followed the revelatory counsel given in Doctrine and Covenants 63:64 and I have taught and said things that were outside of the protective umbrella of priesthood keys and inspired direction. It was inappropriate for me to teach:
  • That person should seek to be translated or seek and ordinance of translation and become members of the 144,000 spoken of in scripture.
  • That temple ordinances, specifically the use of alters should be practiced outside of the temple
  • That the Church of Latter-day Saints is Aaronic in nature and preparatory to the Melchizedec Priesthood institution referred to in scripture as the Church of the Firstborn.
  • That people should seek Priesthood ordinations outside of the ordained channels found within the Church.
  • That priesthood healings and ordinances should be practiced using prescribed format and that they can be performed over the phone.
You can find the podcast here as mp3 or pdf-transcript.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

This is the choice I’ve made. It has been confirmed by the Holy Spirit and the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. Once again, I give my witness through the power of the Holy Ghost that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s Church. His hand is in it, and He guides and directs it through inspired priesthood leaders. I fully support the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as those anointed, holding keys and designated by the Lord to guide His Church in fulfilling its divine mission. I encourage all to do the same.
What a beautiful testimony. There are many here that I wish would gain the same witness that brother stroud bears here of the current church and its delegatated authority from the savior to those who lead it. Why? Because as stated clearly in the scriptures this testimony will bring us all closer to the savior. I also hope and pray it doesn’t take some type of discipline or worse for them to have the opportunity to be humble enough to listen and experience that testimony. So many at that point hold fast to pride and all together turn away loosing every blessing that connects them and their families to heaven for the eternities.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

I listened to all of Mike Strouds podcasts. He had great insights on many areas of the gospel and I learned a lot from him.

Sure, there were times where I felt like what he was saying was just his opinion or speculation, but Mike was always clear that we shouldn't believe a thing he said. That he was just a guy like you and me trying to live the gospel.

But of all of Mike's teachings, the most powerful one was his last lesson on humility and doing the will of the Father. He was able to overcome the great stumbling block of pride, which trips so many of us up.

The internet is riddled with men and women who have let their pride blind them and bind them to Satan. I'm glad Mike was able to see this and not take the bait.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

I was listening to his last podcast (the one posted above this thread) and I guess he was apologizing what he said in the past regarding certain topics. I did not listen to any of those podcasts but from what I got from the podcast above.. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with encouraging others to receive their calling and election - building alters etc. I have been thinking of building a room for that purpose. We should always have a spot in our home to have our personal quietness/holiness/prayer room. A room that is pure and clean. A room just for those in the family and outside of the world. That's my personal feeling. Whether he's teaching Snuffer doctrine - IDK. Like I said, I didn't hear those podcasts.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

I must say though... I've been thinking about this kind of thing on my youtube channel. It wouldn't surprise me that I will be counseled one day. Not that I don't think I say anything that is wrong but I have no fear saying what I need to say. Especially if prompted by the Holy Ghost. We find in the Book of Mormon that the poor (whether in spirit or financially) are cast out of their synagogues unrighteously. It happens!

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

LdsMarco wrote: November 21st, 2017, 11:17 am I was listening to his last podcast (the one posted above this thread) and I guess he was apologizing what he said in the past regarding certain topics. I did not listen to any of those podcasts but from what I got from the podcast above.. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with encouraging others to receive their calling and election - building alters etc. I have been thinking of building a room for that purpose. We should always have a spot in our home to have our personal quietness/holiness/prayer room. A room that is pure and clean. A room just for those in the family and outside of the world. That's my personal feeling. Whether he's teaching Snuffer doctrine - IDK. Like I said, I didn't hear those podcasts.
I think that there is a clear difference between having a room for quietness and performing temple ordinances home.
I haven't listening to Stroud's podcast, so I don't know what he has specifically said. However, the temple ordinances and seeking ordinations outside proper channels sounds pretty apostate to me. Doing blessings over phone is just weird, there shouldn't be any need for that if the home teachers did their duty. There are some true teachings about calling and election, 144000, and the Church of Firstborn, but those are also topics that the splinter groups frequently twist to suit their own agendas, that is why one should be careful about what one says about them.

Anyway, I am glad that Mike Stroud was humble. I liked his testimony of the fact that Lord directs the church.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

inho wrote: November 21st, 2017, 11:41 am I think that there is a clear difference between having a room for quietness and performing temple ordinances home.
I haven't listening to Stroud's podcast, so I don't know what he has specifically said. However, the temple ordinances and seeking ordinations outside proper channels sounds pretty apostate to me. Doing blessings over phone is just weird, there shouldn't be any need for that if the home teachers did their duty. There are some true teachings about calling and election, 144000, and the Church of Firstborn, but those are also topics that the splinter groups frequently twist to suit their own agendas, that is why one should be careful about what one says about them.

Anyway, I am glad that Mike Stroud was humble. I liked his testimony of the fact that Lord directs the church.
First, I don't understand why there has to be a group. Once it's a group, it's like trying to create a new church (sigh)

Second, Yeah, Certain things must be understood that some things must stay in the Temple and there are things you can do outside as a personal (not a group) because it is between you and God. Not some kind of cult/Zoramite type of thing.

Third, Yes, I am glad he was humble enough to know he was wrong. I guess he must of said some stuff that was pretty bad :shock:

:)

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

inho wrote: November 21st, 2017, 11:41 am
LdsMarco wrote: November 21st, 2017, 11:17 am I was listening to his last podcast (the one posted above this thread) and I guess he was apologizing what he said in the past regarding certain topics. I did not listen to any of those podcasts but from what I got from the podcast above.. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with encouraging others to receive their calling and election - building alters etc. I have been thinking of building a room for that purpose. We should always have a spot in our home to have our personal quietness/holiness/prayer room. A room that is pure and clean. A room just for those in the family and outside of the world. That's my personal feeling. Whether he's teaching Snuffer doctrine - IDK. Like I said, I didn't hear those podcasts.
I think that there is a clear difference between having a room for quietness and performing temple ordinances home.

Matthew 8:8