Wow! Who Could Have Seen THIS Coming? Self-driving shuttle crashes in Las Vegas hours after launch

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Re: Wow! Who Could Have Seen THIS Coming? Self-driving shuttle crashes in Las Vegas hours after launch

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Spaced_Out wrote: November 10th, 2017, 1:26 pm
Benjamin_LK wrote: November 10th, 2017, 6:15 am Technology will become a casualty of civil war. Seriously, it was a casualty in any one of the civil wars I know. Government and rebels alike will destroy valuable infrastructure so that the other side has less to use against them. It's likewise not immediately clear who are on the rebels side. And the rebels hate the idea of fence sitters. Then there's the fact that part of the abomination of desolation is likely to include nuclear weapons. The on board computer systems, as well as the vehicless themselves, are toast, with some exceptions if we still have some primitive ignition systems. Then for the cars that run, people will kill to get an operating vehicle. It will be a true Mad Max world is all I can say. You're right about people not turning out educationally, but what can you expect after generations of absent parenting, oN top of people getting considered useless for labor because they can just hire a machine to do it?
This to some extent is true - every major civilisation has fallen and the technologies they had went with them. But we are now living in a truly global world. If one country explodes due to civil war it will not affect technology as there are very many other countries that have it and the manufacturing capability. It will take a global apocalypse and the entire world will be looking like Syria before technology takes a step back.
The whole world will be set back by the events. It will not be localized in nature. I don't think any state or province will be without at least one city not worthy of total destruction

Onsdag
captain of 100

Re: Wow! Who Could Have Seen THIS Coming? Self-driving shuttle crashes in Las Vegas hours after launch

Post by Onsdag »

This just in: first known fatality involving a self driving vehicle.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46283415&nid=1 ... in-arizona