Any good suggestions on conservative websites?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Any good suggestions on conservative websites?

Post by setyourselffree »

That don't promote fake news, or aren't in bed with Trump. I can't watch or read anything from Fox news anymore. I feel like I'm on an island as far as my political beliefs go right now. No one is moderately conservative. I want to go somewhere that is right in between. Please help!

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Re: Any good suggestions on conservative websites?

Thats what I thought. Such a site does not exist.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I agree with @setyourselffree, Joseph Smith said, "By proving contraries, truth is made manifest." The path to truth involves knowledge of good AND evil. Seeing the light and the darkness and choosing the light. So when it comes to news, observe what all sides are saying and then form your own opinions.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

setyourselffree wrote: November 7th, 2017, 3:43 pm That don't promote fake news, or aren't in bed with Trump. I can't watch or read anything from Fox news anymore. I feel like I'm on an island as far as my political beliefs go right now. No one is moderately conservative. I want to go somewhere that is right in between. Please help!
Thenewamerican.com
Ldsconservative.com

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I always liked people like Ben Shapiro (the dailywire) and Stephen Crowder (though he is far more on the comedy side) I can only take Infowars in small doses, Alex Jones is kind of nuts.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Sirocco wrote: November 8th, 2017, 10:56 am I always liked people like Ben Shapiro (the dailywire) and Stephen Crowder (though he is far more on the comedy side) I can only take Infowars in small doses, Alex Jones is kind of nuts.
I like Ben Shapiro too - intelligent and conservative, and yet doesn't hate or worship Trump.

Jordan Peterson is similar, though as a Canadian professor, he dives deeper into topics and doesn't really discuss news much.

In the car, I often listen to K-Love on the radio. I like their news reports, which addresses big events, but also positive smaller events. http://www.klove.com/ Sometimes I listen to KNRS (AM 570 radio), but I get the feeling each has their own biases.

I agree that it's a bit of a challenge to find more objective news reporting. If I hear something that seems to be a biased reporting - I try to search other viewpoints of it, to get a better idea of reality. This has helped a lot at times.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

This is my favorite:

https://usawatchdog.com

Greg is favorable towards Trump, but not "in bed" with him.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Monica Crowley was very sharp on stuff, anyone know if she still has her radio show?

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Conservatives on the Supreme Court passed gay marriage and ratified Obamacare, and conservative politicians have voted us into bondage. It's time for members to wake up to the myth of conservatism. Liberty is what your after and Liberty is not a conservative platform.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Vision wrote: November 9th, 2017, 8:20 am Conservatives on the Supreme Court passed gay marriage and ratified Obamacare, and conservative politicians have voted us into bondage. It's time for members to wake up to the myth of conservatism. Liberty is what your after and Liberty is not a conservative platform.
Yeah they hold all the cards and are utterly spineless with them.
The democrats only lose because they are so pathetically terrible.
They are handed wins and still lose.

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

Vision wrote: November 9th, 2017, 8:20 am Conservatives on the Supreme Court passed gay marriage and ratified Obamacare, and conservative politicians have voted us into bondage. It's time for members to wake up to the myth of conservatism. Liberty is what your after and Liberty is not a conservative platform.
Well said. I've been wondering for years how people who call themselves conservative want to spend so much money.

At least liberals don't hide their love of government. But conservatives bash government while promoting it. Love war and welfare for farmers, etc. Have several conservative relatives with good paying government jobs with no purpose.

If you are interested in freedom, try

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/fe ... dious-tax/

https://mises.org/

https://www.cato.org/

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I like Zero Hedge, Joel Skousen's World Affairs Brief, Drudge report, LDS Freedom Forum, Glenn Beck, and youtube videos.

Mountain man
captain of 100

Post by Mountain man »

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

setyourselffree wrote: November 7th, 2017, 3:43 pm I want to go somewhere that is right in between.
As has been pointed out, every source has a bias. While you might prefer a conservative lens, independent sources at least aim for the middle, although they are a mixed bag and must be sifted like every other source.

In addition to some of what's been said, also consider:
Corbett Report
Truthstream Media
Activist Post
Global Research
Hagmann Report
Newsbud (was Boiling Frogs Post, now designed for subscribers)
Mormon Chronicle (blog, not news)
Ben Swann (still MIA?)

justkeepswimming
captain of 100

Post by justkeepswimming »

Huffingtonpost.com

Breathe easily...that was a joke:)

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Vision wrote: November 9th, 2017, 8:20 am Conservatives on the Supreme Court passed gay marriage...
Vision,
Liberals on the Supreme Court decreed homosexual “marriage.” The 4 conservative justices spoke against it. In fact Justice Scalia said they had no business dealing with it since marriage is not part of the constitution & said ruling anyway against the vote of the people is worse than taxation without representation. He said other critiques and then mysteriously ended up dead in a hotel room in Texas, where conveniently, laws are lenient about autopsy so none was performed.

A few more conservatives I’ve enjoyed listening to:
Milton Friedman
Thomas Sowel
Steven Crowder

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

https://www.billwhittle.com/

Good discussion with James O'Keefe:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 9th, 2017, 1:06 am Monica Crowley was very sharp on stuff, anyone know if she still has her radio show?
She just appeared on Fox :!:

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

Ben Swann is back (a month ago):
http://truthinmedia.com/

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

setyourselffree wrote: November 7th, 2017, 3:43 pmI want to go somewhere that is right in between.
What does that even mean?

My suggestion is to align yourself with truth and liberty. Correct principles are what matters. I don't think I've ever found one website or person I agree with 100% and that's why it's important to learn correct principles and be able to discern truth and find the path of Liberty.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

BrianM wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 1:37 am
setyourselffree wrote: November 7th, 2017, 3:43 pmI want to go somewhere that is right in between.

My suggestion is to align yourself with truth and liberty. Correct principles are what matters. I don't think I've ever found one website or person I agree with 100% and that's why it's important to learn correct principles and be able to discern truth and find the path of Liberty.
I go to multiple web sites, listing about 100 on my Desktop. My approach is to explore all of them, not expecting 'perfection' from any of them. You simply pick and choose those that fit your understanding and peruse them according to what Brian calls correct principles. This forces you to become your own editor, not relying on people such as the Deseret News Editorial staff to decide what you should see and read. You soon realize what the particular biases are for any given web site.

Look at it as exploring the information terrain or topography.

I still go to rense.com ( http://www.rense.com/ ), though they are biased against Trump and they've largely got the wrong view of what took the WTC buildings down on 9/11. But it is a site that collects news stories/commentary from all over, but which might not be very much in the MSM headlights.

Another good site is Conservative Treehouse at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/ , and many others.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Ktalk - Inside the news. Every Friday they interview J. Skousen and discuss the most recent 'World Affairs Brief' issue
www.ktalkmedia.com/ (you can find last show in the Archives section)

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

BrianM wrote: March 2nd, 2018, 1:37 am

Thanks for the website suggestion!