I fear to be a leader without faith in the gospel!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10

I fear to be a leader without faith in the gospel!

Post by Warrior Of Jah »

There are some principles of the gospel that I don't believe, I was taught that I must put in practice these principles and see if works or don't works, and I do this but I haven't good results, principles like fasting and tithing :?

The problem is that, I'm a leader in the church, I'm secretary of my ward and I'm directly related in tighing and fasting :cry: there are 97 active members paying the tithing and the fasting in my ward and I am the only one that don't pay the tithing with real intent i think... and don't fasting. 14 years inside the church every sunday since I was 8 years old and I don't believe in this principles, in the future three years later when I will get a marriage maybe I will be a bishop or something higher but a leader without faith in some gospel principles and this is so sad.

I see my "brothers in Calling", all they are so greateful because our ward and stake members are giving his donations every month but in my mind I just think: "these idiots are giving money to the church spend in something that we don't know". This is wrong I know and I must to find a way to change this because I wanna be a member in the church forever but is difficult to be a unfaith member, and I'm really sceptical, I'm a goat not a sheep. :(

I Fear to be a father and say to my son go to the mission if I do not see blessings of the mission in my own life, I fear to say to my wife to pay the tithing if I don't see the blessings of tithing in my life, I fear to say to the youth of my ward (I'm secrrtary of the young boys too) go to the mission but I think that they will just lost two years of them lifes. The gospel is a liar in my life because I said to others what I don't belive :oops:

Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10

Re: I fear to be a leader without faith in the gospel!

Post by Warrior Of Jah »

the principles of the gospel that I keep but I haven't faith: mission, tithing and fasting

dafty
captain of 100

Re: I fear to be a leader without faith in the gospel!

Post by dafty »

stop moaning, get a grip, live righteously, ...
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
lol The Lord loves u x