Trump: 'Stock market surging thanks to my administration'

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Trump: 'Stock market surging thanks to my administration'

Post by Col. Flagg »

:lol:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ket-record
President Trump on Tuesday took credit for record stock market highs, citing the “confidence” in his push for tax cuts.

“Stock market hit yet another all-time record high yesterday,” Trump wrote on Twitter from South Korea.

“There is great confidence in the moves that my Administration........is making. Working very hard on TAX CUTS for the middle class, companies and jobs!”
Yeah, the 'Fed' and its money-printing has had nothing to do with it and there is no artificial manipulation of markets. L O L !!!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Trump: 'Stock market surging thanks to my administration'

Post by Silver »

Col. Flagg wrote: November 7th, 2017, 1:27 pm :lol:

President Trump on Tuesday took credit for record stock market highs, citing the “confidence” in his push for tax cuts.

“Stock market hit yet another all-time record high yesterday,” Trump wrote on Twitter from South Korea.

“There is great confidence in the moves that my Administration........is making. Working very hard on TAX CUTS for the middle class, companies and jobs!”
Yeah, the 'Fed' and its money-printing has had nothing to do with it and there is no artificial manipulation of markets. L O L !!!
He's only doing what narcissists do.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45516&hilit=Narcissist#p783515

1. Take all the credit for good things, even if the narcissist's actions had nothing to do with the favorable turn of events.
2. Blame others for every bad thing the narcissist has done or caused.
3. Whine when the going gets tough.
And waiting on... 4. Resign when the going gets too tough.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I think Trump has done some good, if only because people can see what he wants to do and know a lot of things he won't do.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Trump put the ban back in place not allowing the U S to pay for world wide abortions. He stopped the program that was going to give the Government control of all water even puddles. He put the flags in Washington at half mast for the victims of the Church shootings in Texas. He says he supports God and freedom of religion. All good things....but it is hard to tell if he is just talking to please his base.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

One day I had an epiphany about stock values: they aren't really tied to corporate performance as I was taught in finance classes. They are primarily tied to emotion.

Figure out what's going to scare people away from a stock and short it. Figure out what is going to excite investors early on and buy stock.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

One of Trump's few solid accomplishments so far has been deregulation. It's not so much that the has repealed any existing regulations, as that he has not enacted new ones. Every president going back to the 70s has brought a net increase in regulations and so far it looks like Trump is close to zero on that front.

So by doing nothing, Trump has actually done something. And the markets tend to react very favorably to the idea of fewer (or no increase in) regulations that stifle the transaction of business.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

brianj wrote: November 7th, 2017, 9:16 pm One day I had an epiphany about stock values: they aren't really tied to corporate performance as I was taught in finance classes. They are primarily tied to emotion.

Figure out what's going to scare people away from a stock and short it. Figure out what is going to excite investors early on and buy stock.
I am not going to bother trying to assume to know what's going on in his mind. Actions do the talking.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

He's not a narcissist. He's just under attack all the time, and trying to prove to the people that he's doing what he promised he would.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gardener4life wrote: November 9th, 2017, 7:48 pm He's not a narcissist. He's just under attack all the time, and trying to prove to the people that he's doing what he promised he would.
Are you kidding? Do you think every stinking teeny tiny detail of a state visit is NOT planned out to the nth detail in advance without approval from the Chief Protocol Officer of the White House? Look at how the Marmalade was feted in Saudi Arabia and China. He's such a flaming egotistical narcissist that needs his little heart stroked constantly.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

gardener4life wrote: November 9th, 2017, 7:48 pm He's not a narcissist. He's just under attack all the time...
Can't he be both? He fits a lot of the patterns and signs and personality of being a narcissist.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

He's a salesman. You can say salesmen are narcissists but salesman know you have to sell the product all the time in order to win. He knows this. Sell, sell, sell. In this case he has to sell that he's trying to do good because he's completely surrounded. And then everyone brands him selfish and egotistical. He doesn't really have both parties supporting him, so he will have to always be selling his ideas. Both parties support him because they are coerced to do so and he knows this. Anyone can see this is true.

So he has to sell that he's trying to do good and trying to achieve what he promised the voters. Nobody else has ever done that in our whole history except James K Polk, and possibly George Washington.

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

Yeah, haven't the markets been setting records for like, forever?

I know its all fake, and manipulated, but where else do you put your money? Metals or property, yes, but I've been waiting for the market to collapse for a few decades and it hasn't. So, even though its rigged, it seems to keep chugging along, and those with principles miss out on the spoils.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BrianM wrote: November 10th, 2017, 3:56 pm
gardener4life wrote: November 9th, 2017, 7:48 pm He's not a narcissist. He's just under attack all the time...
Can't he be both? He fits a lot of the patterns and signs and personality of being a narcissist.
It ain’t bragging, if it’s true. :P

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gardener4life wrote: November 10th, 2017, 5:15 pm He's a salesman. You can say salesmen are narcissists but salesman know you have to sell the product all the time in order to win. He knows this. Sell, sell, sell. In this case he has to sell that he's trying to do good because he's completely surrounded. And then everyone brands him selfish and egotistical. He doesn't really have both parties supporting him, so he will have to always be selling his ideas. Both parties support him because they are coerced to do so and he knows this. Anyone can see this is true.

So he has to sell that he's trying to do good and trying to achieve what he promised the voters. Nobody else has ever done that in our whole history except James K Polk, and possibly George Washington.
Wrong again. If he weren't a narcissist, he wouldn't bother listening to the news about himself, get triggered and start a juvenile Twitter storm. The man is supposed to be the President, not a high school teenager. Turn off the TEEVEE, Mr. Marmalade.

And as for this nonsense about him being surrounded, why do the Trump supporters fail to acknowledge the CFR who so thickly infest Trump's administration? Yeah he's surrounded. Surrounded by the CFR he picked. It's America that is surrounded -- by the modern-day equivalent of the Gadianton robbers and even children of the covenant won't admit it.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

djinwa wrote: November 10th, 2017, 10:41 pm

Yeah, haven't the markets been setting records for like, forever?

I know its all fake, and manipulated, but where else do you put your money? Metals or property, yes, but I've been waiting for the market to collapse for a few decades and it hasn't. So, even though its rigged, it seems to keep chugging along, and those with principles miss out on the spoils.
Invest in yourself or your posterity. Invest in education ...and obviously a little food storage.