Why take my gun, I didn't do it?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
eddie
captain of 1,000

Why take my gun, I didn't do it?

Post by eddie »

Statics show that a high percent of the guns used by shooters are illegal, increased gun control will only create a black market that provides more guns for the shooters!

I am a responsible gun owner, ( Well, except for that 1 time) just kidding. If you consider the success of prohibition, drug addiction and the flow of drugs into our nation, I.e. lack of secure borders, and of course the success of increased gun control laws in Chicago, ( What a joke) history proves that gun laws won't stop mass shootings! What do you think would be a solution to these mass shootings?

Z2100
captain of 100

Re: Why take my gun, I didn't do it?

Post by Z2100 »

eddie wrote: November 7th, 2017, 9:02 am Statics show that a high percent of the guns used by shooters are illegal, increased gun control will only create a black market that provides more guns for the shooters!

I am a responsible gun owner, ( Well, except for that 1 time) just kidding. If you consider the success of prohibition, drug addiction and the flow of drugs into our nation, I.e. lack of secure borders, and of course the success of increased gun control laws in Chicago, ( What a joke) history proves that gun laws won't stop mass shootings! What do you think would be a solution to these mass shootings?
We really can’t do anything about it. Nothing is going to work. Our country is going to Hell. I think the majority know that.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Z2100 wrote: November 7th, 2017, 9:06 am
eddie wrote: November 7th, 2017, 9:02 am Statics show that a high percent of the guns used by shooters are illegal, increased gun control will only create a black market that provides more guns for the shooters!

We really can’t do anything about it. Nothing is going to work. Our country is going to Hell. I think the majority know that.
I agree, but do you have to be such a bummer? Lol

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

The only thing that works is everyone taking responsibility for their own safety by getting trained and arming themselves. I do not apologize for my position. To stop mass shooting, arm yourself.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Gun control is a slippery slope, President Trumpvis speaking of mentally ill people should not have access to guns. So if you've ever taken anti-depressants could you be disqualified from owning or buying a gun?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

mes5464 wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:34 am

The only thing that works is everyone taking responsibility for their own safety by getting trained and arming themselves. I do not apologize for my position. To stop mass shooting, arm yourself.
I agree with your position, no apologies from me either. I don't think being at concerts or large groups of people is a good idea anymore. Dangerous times,

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

eddie wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:40 am
mes5464 wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:34 am

I agree with your position, no apologies from me either. I don't think being at concerts or large groups of people is a good idea anymore. Dangerous times,
And the Saints are so predictable. You can set your clock by when they will be in church in large numbers. I do believe that God intends to protect His people but they have to do their part.

"Not only should we have strong spiritual homes, but we should have strong temporal homes. We should avoid bondage by getting out of debt as soon as we can, pay as we go, and live within our incomes. There is wisdom in having on hand a year's supply of food, clothing, fuel (if possible), and in being preparing to defend our families and our possessions and to take care of ourselves. I believe a man should prepare for the worst, while working for the best."
Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, p. 263-264

"As for this people fostering to themselves that the day has come for them to sell their guns and ammunition to their enemies, and sit down to sleep in peace, they will find themselves deceived and before they know, they will sleep until they are slain. They have got to carry weapons with them, to be ready to send their enemy to hell cross lots, whether they be Lamanites or mobs who may come to take their lives, or destroy their property. We must be prepared that they dare not come to us in a hostile manner without being assured they will meet a vigorous resistance and ten to one they will meet their grave."
Journal of Discourses, Brigham Young, Vol 1, p. 171 - 172, July 31, 1853

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

eddie wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:35 am Gun control is a slippery slope, President Trumpvis speaking of mentally ill people should not have access to guns. So if you've ever taken anti-depressants could you be disqualified from owning or buying a gun?
Well, what's worse is that the lefty loonies define anyone who owns or even wants to touch a gun as "mentally ill".

To answer or address your title, you have hit the nail on the head.

These idiots think if they take a gun away from YOU, it will stop SOMEONE ELSE from shooting someone? That is the epitome of stupidity. But that's the way their brain malfunctions. It's why they say liberalism, or leftism is a mental disease.
dc

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

David13 wrote: November 7th, 2017, 11:31 am These idiots think if they take a gun away from YOU, it will stop SOMEONE ELSE from shooting someone? That is the epitome of stupidity. But that's the way their brain malfunctions. It's why they say liberalism, or leftism is a mental disease.
dc
What's even stranger is that they really want only the government to have weapons. The government which, according to them, is currently being led by Literally Hitler.
Z2100 wrote: We really can’t do anything about it. Nothing is going to work. Our country is going to Hell. I think the majority know that.
On the other hand, it's going to be replaced by something far better.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Just remember, when the bullets start flying, serpentine!
Lol

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I think part of the solution is being able to defend yourself, with guns or with something else. Part of the solution is helping people see that life is worth living without committing attrocities.

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

Firearms education would be a step forward. Currently there are to many people that are unaware of simple firearm facts.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

eddie wrote: November 7th, 2017, 9:02 amWhat do you think would be a solution to these mass shootings?
Have the covert govt. operations stop: FBI, CIA, etc. Every single mass shooting official story has fallen apart on multiple points.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Almost every mass shooter has been on medications. Which I think plays a part in this. The media I think plays another big roll.

By news media coverage of only the bad you get more of the bad. It’s been proven.

If the news coverage was on the good people were doing. You would see society get increasingly good and happy.

If we were taught in church and schools good communication skills as well as how to find happiness within ourselves you would see a much better population.

A population that didn’t think they needed drugs, prescription or otherwise and alcohol to escape the supposed “horrors” of life. They would be happy and wouldn’t need to turn to such things to maybe find glimpses of happiness.

We as humanity I feel is on a the fence balanced and could go either way towards destruction or enlightenment. It’s so close. But we are about to tip one way or the other.

We have the technology and knowledge to communicate so easily the correct heathy living and thinking required to really have a wonderful world body and soul.

But I would say almost all people are completely ignorant to the horrible brainwashing they receive daily from our educational sources. News, media and schools.

How to stop these mass shootings.

Take control of the education of the masses and turn it around to improve humanity.

That’s the only way. Anything else is just a bandaid that doesn’t address the problem.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

There will always be crazy people and sociopaths. There is no way to totally prevent these shootings.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Spider wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:46 pm There will always be crazy people and sociopaths. There is no way to totally prevent these shootings.
There are a few ways. Kill off humanity. Done no more crazy people. Or enlighten humanity. Done no more crazy people.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Have you noticed there's a disconnect between associating freedoms and rights with self sufficiency? People haven't figured out taking away gun rights is in a way taking away self sufficiency directly. They will always be trying to strip mine people's rights if people don't stay wary and organized against it.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

1. You will always have sociopaths that want to hurt, maim or kill others.
2. Educate children about firearm safety (de-mystification)
3. Lock the guns up so that children cannot use them as toys. They are tools. If you are feeling threatened enough to need ot carry a gun on you at all times, I respect that, but there is still no excuse for allowing firearm access to children
4. Guns, drugs and alcohol don't mix. This includes mind altering drugs both legal and illegal.
5. Firearm ownership is a right that comes with significant responsibilities. If you cannot tell the difference between a legitimate target and an illegitimate target then you don't deserve to use a firearm.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Ezra wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:50 pm
Spider wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:46 pm There will always be crazy people and sociopaths. There is no way to totally prevent these shootings.
There are a few ways. Kill off humanity. Done no more crazy people. Or enlighten humanity. Done no more crazy people.
As funny as that sounds that's basically the difference between actual ZION and the protocols of ZION, which is the gadiantons' version of ZION.

Those who call for gun confiscation never seem to be up for the actual ZION's thinking. Perhaps we should take responsibility to enlighten ourselves - caring for our neighbors, preaching actual tolerance (it's a two-way street), and honoring those Judeo-Christian values that lie at the heart of our founding principles (USA.) Guns don't cause mass shootings any more than pickup trucks or pressure cookers cause terrorist attacks. Each person can take responsibility to help minimize the animosity, enmity, and hate that abides in our culture.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

alaris wrote: November 8th, 2017, 3:06 pm
Ezra wrote: November 7th, 2017, 10:50 pm
As funny as that sounds that's basically the difference between actual ZION and the protocols of ZION, which is the gadiantons' version of ZION.

Those who call for gun confiscation never seem to be up for the actual ZION's thinking. Perhaps we should take responsibility to enlighten ourselves - caring for our neighbors, preaching actual tolerance (it's a two-way street), and honoring those Judeo-Christian values that lie at the heart of our founding principles (USA.) Guns don't cause mass shootings any more than pickup trucks or pressure cookers cause terrorist attacks. Each person can take responsibility to help minimize the animosity, enmity, and hate that abides in our culture.

And that, unfortunately, does nothing for other cultures, only our own. Which, in my culture, from what I have seen in a long life, is really rather animosity, enmity, and hate free.
dc