Pedophilia and blackmail

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: Pedophilia and blackmail

Post by gardener4life »

I think you are missing the point. You were able to work hard and given work by a family member. Nepotism is good if it works for you, but it cuts a lot of other people out. Some people don't have that. And a lot of people will give lots of patience and second chances to a relative that they won't give to others. You've all heard of the term 'zero tolerance'. You don't get it. Do you seriously think no one else wants to work hard in this world? That's kind of arrogant don't you think?

When I went to Vietnam I made a shocking discovery one day. Everyone over there in some areas pays bribes to get a job. The bribes aren't cheap either. They pay several months of cash saved up to be picked over some other guy. Then they are 'given' this job that's 7 days a week, and between 12 to 16 hour work days. Those are the people 'given' the job. (And that was in the more lenient part of the country).

Now wait a minute...you have to pay a bribe in some places to be the one that's picked? How screwed up is that. But then you start to think...well if it could be that corrupt in finding jobs in a place like Vietnam then it could be like that here, or in Europe, or Russia. China and Korea and other places also have job hiring corruption like in Vietnam. Think about it, how is it that some people can have a good resume and send out and apply to sometimes as many as 30 jobs a day and not get a single phone call. Then they ask their friend who works at a place and they go there and find it was given to a pretty girl who can barely read, with no qualifications. This happens all the time.

There are tons of people that want to work hard but just never get the chance. Some people never get noticed. Some have bad health. Sometimes the boss was determined to pick someone of the opposite sex. One time I'd even discussed this with a big shot attorney and he admitted he'd seen it too, which is saying something because he was wealthy and successful. In other words it would hurt him to admit that he was favored over others. If job hiring corruption didn't exist then everyone who was legitimately qualified would get interview and chance to talk or calls when a job ad is placed. That isn't the case. Everybody knows that isn't the case. And often the decision of which ones get called back is purely which one was on the top of the stack; that's completely irrational. You can talk to other people also who see a job ad up for months that's never filled, and they knew they had applied and were qualified yet never got a call. Yet the job ad is up for months and not filled, and they have a friend in the company confirming it's not filled. This happens to people all the time.

Even worse now, a lot of companies will tell you also that sometimes they'll put a job ad up and get literally a hundred or more resumes sent to them. There's no way they can't have someone go away hungry when you can only hire one person and over a hundred people are applying. That's really happening. You have more people that want jobs than you have jobs for them. And people don't want to share.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Pedophilia and blackmail

Post by David13 »

The problem for me is how easy it is to make an allegation that someone "child molested" them and that accused person is ruined. It matters not if later it becomes apparent that it was nothing but a lie.
Their life is ruined without any trial or evidence, etc. It's a sure fire simple way to destroy another human being, say for instance, if you disagreed with their politics.
dc